[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hero_sp.jpg (647 KB, 750x1000)
647 KB
647 KB JPG
>you get the box legendary 8 minutes into the game
we should have known right then and there
>>
>Paldea thread
Circlejerk thread
>>
>>55760351
Yeah I can’t believe a Pokemon game dared to have a different story instead of rehashing RSE’s plot for the 7th time
>>
>>55760359
that's exactly the problem
>>
>>55760351
anon, if you even bothered playing SV you're already slow on the uptake. you should have realized a LONG time ago.
>>
>you actually get to use and enjoy the pokemon on the game's box instead of them just being a shitty endgame only non-entity
woah
>>
>>55760406
>use
it's a glorified bike for 90% of the game
>>
>>55760359
this but unironically
>>
>>55760415
that’s already more than I’ve used every other box legendary
>>
>>55760419
>he doesn't play VGC
>>
>>55760359
>dared to have a different story instead of rehashing RSE’s plot for the 7th time
It rehashed SM's plot for the 3rd time.
>>
>>55760351
You can't use it in battle until the postgame.
>>
>>55760415
Then there's no problem with getting it early since it makes no difference.
>>
>>55760419
you can use the box legends in postgame and online you know. gamefreak doesn't design the games just for campaign autists. it's cool to get something powerful to play with as a reward for beating the story.
>>
>>55760439
>rewarding beating a Pokémon story
you are so full of shit
>>
>>55760351
It's not a legendary, it's just a Paradox Cyclizar.
>>
>>55760439
Which is why you get the fully powered Raidon once you beat the game
>>
>>55760428
The plot is nothing like SM.
>>
>>55760525
Did you expected a /vp/tard to actually pay attention without a subway surfer video at the bottom of the screen?
>>
>>55760351
>removed set mode so text boxes keep disrupting battles
>removed the option to turn off battle animations
>removed over world effects of abilities like Synchronize
>forced EXP share
>dexcut
>transfer exclusive moves gone forever, the game forces you to forget them
>horrendous graphics
>constant lags and bugs take you out of any potential immersion, even in opening cutscenes there's awful lag
>still relying on shitty soulless cheese the game gimmicks for marketing (most other 3D games might have this flaw too but at least they have more good things going for them)
>SJW art style and character designs filled with faggots and trannies made to appease amerimutts, like Rika and Grusha
>no battle facilities
>botched trainer customization
>nerfing HP recovery moves to put emphasis on the "spam super effective move to win" philosophy that the game already way has too much of
>none of the buildings have interiors, even SWSH did a better job in that regard
>player models glitch the fuck out in online as shown in numerous webms
>no level scaling so the game might as well not have open world
>had to patch the game in order for pokemon to close their eyes when sleeping in battle despite the fact 3D games from other devs 20+ years ago, such as Stadium, didn't have a problem with this
>reducing the number of NPCs and Pokemon displayed in the over world is their solution to avoiding bugs and performance issues
>Pokemon in battle have less dynamic and slower animations compared to PLA, a game that was released BEFORE SV
>Convergent Evolutions and Paradox Pokemon are just a dishonest way for Game Freak to pretend they introduced a new feature even though it's the same thing as Regional Variants except with a different name, Toedscool is literally just a Tentacool recolor for example
>game ends with a scripted fight that you can't lose
>Toby Fox still ruining the soundtrack, bad soundtrack in general
>>
>>55760611
>worst overworld trainer battles in the series
>worst overworld trainer designs in the series, no trainer classes anymore
>every town almost exactly the same, besides maybe Levincia and Mesagoza it's all unmemorable, boring, repetitive shit with no unique design or appeal
>cutscene skipper only skips the fully animated "pre-rendered" cutscenes, you still have to slog through a ton of text and useless animations and fades to black
>following Pokemon still tend to lag far behind you and just go back into their Pokeball, and if they're too fast they catch up quickly, stutter and stop, and then resume when you get far away enough again
>breakable TMs return just to shoehorn in an awful crafting mechanic
>removed overworld shiny indicators that were present in PLA
>worst player character designs in the series
>no options to skip tutorials like the catching tutorial
>no forecast of levels of the haphazardly organized gyms/bases/titans, so you have to just wait for the slow attack animations to wipe your whole team if you end up in the "wrong" area
>sandwiches are tedious and glitchy
>raids are worse than they were in SwSh - they are slow and buggy, often forcing a loss
>raids can also crash the game
>Home support took forever because everybody at TCP and GF is incompetent
>worst Champion in the series
>GF is trying to be Bethesda without realizing that the company is only succesfull through singleplayer games modded to hell and back by users
>Pokemon center nurse gives you tips every time you visit
>Ride pokemon is slow
>Constantly running into microscopic pokemon in the overworld you cant see
>Breeding requires you to make a sandwich and wait in real life minutes instead of biking steps for each one
>>
>>55760611
>constant lags and bugs take you out of any potential immersion
Lag and bugs are bad, but any person who talks about "immersion" is the kind of pretentious retard who refers to games as "experiences".
Yeah go ahead, "immerse yourself" in a game about superpowered dragons, you retard.
>>
File: 1691960997073230.png (40 KB, 657x240)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>55760616
>Breeding requires you to make a sandwich and wait in real life minutes instead of biking steps for each one
What the fuck are you talking about?
All you have to do is have the two mons in your team and in a few seconds you'll start getting eggs in the basket.
And hatching them consists of walking around, hell, it's even faster now because of the mount.
>>
>>55760406
I'd rather use my Lapris as I surf or my Pidgeot as I glide or riding a Dodrio as it sprints over the map or any of my other bromons. Not some random legendary I never cared about and will never see again once the next gen comes out. Pokemon taxi shit was a mistake. Bring back HMs.
>>
>>55760635
>few seconds to get an egg
If you don't make a sandwich, the best chance to get an egg with the right parents is ~5% every 1 minute. It's painfully slow.
>>
>>55760351
that they were going to be great games
>>
>>55760525
>the evil team are just kinda bullies
>friendly brown rival that picks the weak starter
>person you think is good is actually the villain
I love SM but God damn, GF misses what makes them good.
>>
>>55761199
Grow up
>>
>>55760426
it's she, thanks.
>>
>>55760359
why are pokemon games only capable of copying gen 1 and 3s story?
>>
>>55761468
Pokemon has been aping gen 7 two gens in a row now.
Fuck me, just remake sun and moon in HD instead of this bullshit and move on already gf.
>>
>>55761468
Gen 1 and 3 just follow the same 8 badge story and Gen 3 has some additional Legendary quest stuff. Easy blueprint to copy from.
Gen 2 is unique and cannot be duplicated.
>>
>>55761199
>I'd rather use things I began to care about after I started using them than thing I could begin to care about after using
ok
>>
>>55761242
Nemona is literally nothing like Hau and the game doesn’t have a villain. Pay more attention instead of parroting shitty reddit opinions.
>>
>>55762187
You are an enormous faggot and have dogshit taste.
>>
sword and shield literally making the box legendary post game is way worse
>>
>>55762732
bw2 did it first
>>
>>55762187
>and the game doesn’t have a villain.
It does, in the form of the Professor's lingering will carried out by the programming of the Time Machine and Paradise Protection Protocol.
>>
>>55762721
Literally nothing he said has to do with taste, are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>55763139
He likes S/V, moron. Sorry you have the reading comprehension of a fetus.
>>
>>55763322
His post says literally nothing about liking it, dumbass. You don't have to like SV to see that Hau and Nemona are literally nothing alike.
>>
>>55760351
Can you use them in battle?
>>
File: Untitled.png (32 KB, 880x310)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>55762187
Penny is the villain
>>
>>55763432
No, not until you beat the game. You can only use it as your mount until then.
>>55763444
>source: fandom wiki
Really dude?
>>
>>55763429
No have to like it to defend it, which is what he was originally doing. Just shut the fuck up you absolute retard faggot.
>>
>>55763429
Hau was actually competent, unlike Nemona.
And the guy never put a 4th move on hus starter.
>>
>>55763648
That's your own headcanon. Just admit that you were wrong like a man.
>>
>>55763786
Nemona is just Hau though, but with stuff shaved out.
At least Hop had an arc, fuck me Nemona is just "BATTLE" and being dogshit at it the whole fucking game.
>>
>>55763801
>Nemona is just Hau though, if you ignore all the things they don't have in common
Yea sure buddy.
Hop didn't have an arc either, he realized he sucked at battling and gave up like a limp dicked loser. There's no development there.
At least Nemona has a spine.
>>
>>55761216
Then make a sandwhich, it takes 2 minutes and costs nothing.
>>
>>55760415
You can feed her sandwiches and see her be cute
>>
The more I play S/V the more I start to realize that maybe SwSh wasn't so bad afterall
>>
>>55765255
Why should you have to waste 2 minutes making a stupid sandwich and watching the same cutscene everytime you want to breed something? Compared to old games it's inconvenient for general purposes, like breeding one thing to complete the dex or a small batch of like 1-3 to get something specific like an IV or ability.
>>
>>55765497
Because in the end it still ends up being the fastest way to breed?
The sandwiches are a fucking cheat code, they help with breeding, with outbreaks, with leveling up and with shiny hunting.

>Compared to old games it's inconvenient for general purposes,
You mean where you had to wait who knows how many time for an egg to pop up?
Meanwhile here I can get like 10 eggs in one minute.
>>
>>55765501
SWSH breeding was incredibly fast, you can get several eggs in the time it takes you to make a sandwich in SV.

>Meanwhile here I can get like 10 eggs in one minute.
And like I said, that's not as useful for general purposes that don't involve filling boxes looking for a shiny or whatever.
>>
>>55760351
And that was great decision as you finally have a solid bond with the legendary.
>>
>>55765515
>that's not as useful for general purposes that don't involve filling boxes looking for a shiny
Why would you breed otherwise?
There's no point in breeding for natures or IVs anymore now that bottlecaps and mints are a thing.
>>
>>55765520
read
>like breeding one thing to complete the dex or a small batch of like 1-3 to get something specific like an IV or ability.

And there is still no bottle cap for 0 IVs.
>>
>>55765515
Pretty sure SWSH breeding was exactly like in the past, of leaving Pokemons in a nursery and waiting for an egg to spawn.
>>
>>55765524
And that's still fast, you are just being autistic and making a mountain of the sandwhich thing even though it takes 1 minute to make one.
>>
>>55765529
The concept of convenience seems completely lost to you, it's not that complicated
>>
>>55765534
And how is making the sandwiches more inconvenient than having to white until an egg spawns in the nursery?
>>
>>55760359
Well Groudon and Kyogre are still peak box legendary duo to this day so yes more games should try to copy what RSE had. Gen 10 box duo should be another weather duo, but for Sand and Snow instead of Sun and Rain. The evil team could even just be "Neo" Magma/Aqua and the legendary plot would still be better than the slop they made for gens 8/9.
>>
>Slower battle frequency than PLA
>TS Challenges are just tedious time stretches in quantity.
>Lots of Persona material taken but somehow worse. (Cheapskate Social Link system)
>Slacking detail work in enviroment and engagement with the overworld.
>Nemoma and Geeta have taken Diantha's spot in being the worst champions of them all. (Common weaknesses overlapping, Shit order which won't capitalize on abilities, no switches, attacks against immunities)

Story:
>Penny is loaded with double standards
>Nemoma is a friendly brown rival the third, but it's a girl and clearly gets a pass for it.
>Arven is ok
>To get the FULL lore presented and teased in the BASE game, you need to spend an additional 30 bucks (Not even Swsh did this)
ENTERING THE DLC:
>No battle facility, instead a sidequest system which is identical to PLA's in the base game, this time locked behind the paywall.
>The selling point of obtaining the starters is locked behind the aforementioned sidequest, at an arbitrary high amount to stretch out the playtime for said selling point.

Soundtrack:
>6/10 overall
>Gym battle theme and motif is a lackluster copy of SwSh's

Performance-related:
>Runs like shit
>Is dependent on the internal drive to fix most stuff and the most stable version to play it on are physical copies. Still a handful of performance issues remains after patches.
>All while having atleast 3 years of delevopment

Sidenotes:
>The state of the game was so bad that the Publisher Nintendo re-announced their offer for refund on digital copies.
>The only silver line for future improvement is a corperate speech in regards to the development and the staff of future Pokemon games. No follow ups on that statement or a willingness to improve SV was shown or featured afterwards.
The legendary becoming partially part of your team is the least of it's problem.
>>
I actually like those two. Having the box Pokémon bus you around was a nice idea. It’s just too bad the overworld itself is not great.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.