[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: n.png (835 KB, 910x609)
835 KB
835 KB PNG
>>
>>55772048
Based. The fans don't deserve pokemon, especially if they're all coomers anyway or will be in 15 years.
>>
>>55772048
Oh my god he said the names of the games!!
>>
Roll credits
>>
File: 1710397147957.png (54 KB, 1024x680)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
SIEG HEIL
>>
Shudo would've agreed with him.
>>
>>55772048
This is good, different races should be segregated.
>>
>I am a person who gets along very well with Pokemon, and I want to separate people and Pokemon because... people and Pokemon can't get along
N was kind of stupid
>>
POKÉMON INFERIOR BLACK AND SUPERIOR WHITE
NOVEMBER 21ST 2025
>>
>>55772221
one of the worst characters in the series honestly
>>
>>55772048
BASED RACIST
>>
>>55772221
>he doesn't know
>>
File: 1700370583957931.png (467 KB, 1176x1080)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
>I hate pokemon battles that's why i'm going to do pokemon battles against you
Why is N such an hypocrite retard?
>>
>>55772418
do you really think N is one or was he just designed with Zoroark in mind/Zoroark designed with N in mind?
>>
>>55772221
>turbo autist to the point of being an outcast even in the Pokemon world
>one of the few if not only person who can directly communicate with Pokemon on a regular basis
>knowing this Ghetsis intentionally exposed N to only Pokemon abused or mistreated by humans
>grow up thinking this is the norm in the world hence his plan to separate Pokemon from trainers
It's only retarded if you didn't play the game
>>
>>55772048
This was the moment where I knew there wasn't going to a Grey version. I felt vindicated when B2W2 were announced. And yet there were still some who thought there was going to be a Grey even after that. Gen V filters so many retards.
>>
>>55772621
To be fair didn't they trademark the name pokemon grey, include an unused grey version of the light and dark stones in the files, and say that they were originally planning to make pokemon grey before deciding to make sequels?
>>
>Black and White will be clearly distinct
He said it! He said the title of the game!
Masterful.
>>
>>55772737
IT'S NOT ALWAYS BLACK AND WHITE
BUT YOUR HEART ALWAYS KNOWS WHAT'S RIGHT
>>
>>55772575
Really the only big issue with N’s character is that he can’t have any meaningful dialogue with the player character due due to him being a blank slate you’re meant to project yourself onto
>>
>>55772347
Überhowaito and Ünterburaku
The japs are gerboos.
>>
>>55772048
>south africa
>>
>>55772048
Years ago I never understood his dialog
It read like nonsense
I never replay any pokemon games so I didn't get why he was popular
>>
>>55772221
>autistic kid raised by a fox pokemon, isolated his entire childhood away from the world and manipulated by some dictator wannabe
I mean yeah, he IS stupid, but it's not his fault.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (343 KB, 3000x1680)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>55772097
>>
>>55773356
I’m sure he wouldn’t approve of you flunking out of university, Shaun
>>
>>55773356
Shaun tell us again how you didn't 'plagerize" her. Its not your fault, right? Its all in your head
>>
>>55772048
Reminder that they are the canon ship.
Hilda is just the optional eye candy
>>
>>55773376
Canon protag but not the canon ship, there’s no relationship at all in fact
>>
File: HATE.gif (451 KB, 500x399)
451 KB
451 KB GIF
>>55772575
It's only NOT retarded if you're an idiot that overlooks the FACT that N travels the region too and sees pokémon interacting with humans outside of Ghetsis control-- just so you can suck Masuda's cock and praise this SHITty pretentious game. Idiot.

>>55772794
N is nothing BUT issues. You idiots pretend otherwise just because he is pretty. You are nothing but worthless simps that have made it impossible to have a decent discussion about this piece of SHIT "character" and its stupid games.
>>
>>55773351
Who is this
>>
>>55773133
See >>55773845, it IS nonsense. BW is mostly style over substance. It is the game where Masuda had the most creative control and it suffered greatly for it. Just look at the fucking intro- N's coronation was state-of-the-art Game Freak cinematics... while the rest is just clips of game footage with text overlayed. It's crazy to me that others find this acceptable.
>>
>Someone says something negative about gen 5
>Mistakefag suddendly pops out in some threads
Mhhh how curious
>>
File: crossover.jpg (129 KB, 736x883)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>55772048
nice one op.
>>
>>55773875
>>
>>55773936
>Mistakefag
Who?
>>
>>55773963
>He doesn't know
>>
>>55773973
Why should I?
>>
>>55773973
That's why he asked
>>
>>55772221
He was groomed to be retarded on purpose. Yeah it kind of undermines the core themes of the game and makes the moral dilemma of the narrative a moot point, but that's the reason he's so autistic.
>>
>>55772221
>>55773845
>>55773921
stop being retarded on purpose
>>
>>55772048
>titledrop
KINOOOOOO
>>
File: youretard.png (806 KB, 920x756)
806 KB
806 KB PNG
>>55774893
That's what they're saying.
>>
>>55772702
[citation needed]
>>
>>55773845
>N travels the region too and sees pokémon interacting with humans outside of Ghetsis control
Isn't that something N himself directly comments on?
>"I couldn't understand it. I couldn't believe there were Pokémon that liked people. Because, up until that moment, I'd never known a Pokémon like that. The longer my journey continued, the more unsure I became. All I kept meeting were Pokémon and people who communicated with one another and helped one another.
>>
File: Anthea-and-Concordia.png (27 KB, 256x170)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>55775115
Yes. Masuda tried to handwave it with nonsense spouted by Anthea and Concordia, whose mere existence makes even more holes in the plot.
>>
>>55775156
You're not making sense anon.
>REEE THE PROBLEM I'M ALLEGING WAS SOLVED BY ANOTHER PROBLEM BUT I WON'T SAY WHY REEE
How does their existence make plotholes?
>>
She won
>>
>>55772221
He thought he's a god who can get well with Pokemon because of his special ability of talking with them.
>>
>>55775188
Learn proper English before posting.
>>
>>55775163
Fuck off, imbecile. Everyone who played this shitty game knows what I'm talking about- you are either "pretending" to be retarded to cause a stupid "argument", or really don't know shit this game and want to use that for the same reason. Go be stupid somewhere else.
>>
File: 46ksx8.jpg (23 KB, 640x486)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>55775210
Wel so much for Q&A anon. I swear I'm not a shitposter I just genuinely want to know why you're spamming that every part of the game is stupid o matter which part gets addressed. You're just relying on "IF YOU DON'T SEE IT YOU'RE UNENLIGHTENED" or some bullshit to pretend you have insight.
Now please answer my genuine question. What plot holes did they create just by existing?
>>
>>55774866
I think the moral dilemma is: if allowing people to catch Pokémon means some Pokémon will be abused, should we allow anyone to catch them?
N initially sees the issue as black and white (hence the titles), thinking any bad will cancel out any good, but over the course of the game you show him it isn’t that simple.
>>
>>55775277
And that "dilemma" needs you to be literally retarded to take it seriously, which is anon's point. Even characters within the game call it out for what is. The only "valid" reason to debate this is that Masuda wanted N to be a super-smart genius while keeping him functionally retarded. The intent was to imply that you can't fully comprehend N's actions, anything that seems dumb can be justified by you not being intelligent enough to understand it. This is obviously just pretentious crap.
>>
>>55773845
>>55775156
The complete lack of media literacy is staggering. BW's main thing is re-examining what a journey with Pokemon really means for the characters. Every other game simply implies the growth the characters go through, but in BW it's really blantant. N learns how Pokemon and humans really are outside of the examples Ghetsis showed him (would you change your worldview from one different interaction, or would you rather check your answer further?), Bianca's story is about finding her place in the world in a way that isn't exactly what the Pokemon journey promotes but does allow her to find (she becomes more interested in researching Pokemon rather than battling), and Cheren's is supposed to be about what being strong means but aside from a vague "help people" it doesn't provide any solid answers on how to do it until B2W2 so he's the weakest part of the story.
>>55775389
I don't know how the fuck you get that reading on N, could you please elaborate with examples? It seems more to me that the "he's retarded" approach is what the scenario writer was going for, he basically has zero point outside of some outlier scenarios and the endgame where he completely changes his tune because of his character development.
>>
>>55775428
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone unironically use the term “media literacy” without instantly outing themselves as a complete retard
>>
>>55775428
>The complete lack of media literacy is staggering.
Yeah, yours.
>inb4: "no u"
Don't.
>BW's main thing is re-examining what a journey with Pokemon really means for the characters
That does not make it inherently good. Good intentions don't make awful things forgivable.
>Every other game simply implies the growth the characters go through
This is bad because...?
>but in BW it's really blantant
This is good because...?
>would you change your worldview from one different interaction, or would you rather check your answer further?
We know you never get your head out of your ass to "check your answer" (else you wouldn't be posting this crap) but others do, this is why we complain about N's actions.
>she becomes more interested in researching Pokemon rather than battling
May became more interested in contests. Prof. Oak decided to just study pokémon despite being offered the position of League Champion. Bianca's story is not special in any way, special is the needs your parents must have dealt with.
>Cheren's is supposed to be about what being strong means but aside from a vague "help people" it doesn't provide any solid answers
At least you could strike the right time here. Too bad your clock is broken everywhere else.
>he weakest part of the story
Ghetsis' plan. Easily. At first it was plausible but the more you read about it (because they don't give you a choice) the more you learn how stupid the whole thing is.
>outside of some outlier scenarios
Why do those not count?
>because of his character development
"Character development" just means that a character changes. It doesn't have to be a good change- and the development isn't good by itself if it doesn't make sense. Like >>55775470 says, you have no right to speak about "media literacy".
>I don't know how the fuck you get that reading on N
That was my point, retard. That's why I implied the reason is invalid, because the fundament is weak. It's just Masuda's delusion that some go along with.
>>
>>55775428
>>55775617
>>outside of some outlier scenarios
>Why do those not count?
Disregard that, left it by accident. Thought for a moment that you were going argue that Masuda's IRL rambles didn't count.
>>
>>55772221
>retarded vegan animal lover is retarded
yeah and the sky is blue, your point?
>>
>>55775617
Shut up meg. Who the hell cares?
>>
>>55775617
>May became more interested in contests.
lol no she doesn't
>>
>>55773845
>Autistic abused child doesn't immediately throw out his worldview and goals after a month of traveling!?
>That's unrealistic!
Have you ever talked to a human in your life?
>>
im enjoying bw2
>>
>>55776280
Have you?
>I've only had terrible experiences with this thing.
>Oh, this last time wasn't bad, must have been an exception.
>Huh, this thing has been good many more times now.
>Did something change? Hmm, all those bad times had this specific condition....
>>
File: IMG_5089.jpg (8 KB, 250x200)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>55772048
Nigger Harmonia Gropius sure is based
>>
>>55776426
BW2 is pretty great.
>>
>>55776454
so many pokemon didnt expect to encounter staryu to spheal to tangela and buizel, remoraid too
>>
>>55776446
I have. People are INCREDIBLY stubborn about changing their opinions, especially the more ingrained they are.
>>
>>55776494
N's opinion about people isn't based on personal taste, it's supposed to be an observation based on evidence. If the evidence changes, so should his opinion.
>>
>>55776549
This sort of analytical, rational, logical thinking isn't in-tune with how real people function. Humans are emotional creatures, their thoughts and opinions all are informed by emotions.
>>
>>55772048
N is good, great even, right?
>>
File: 1424313734710.png (26 KB, 280x200)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
Since childhood, N was raised by a cult led by one psychopath megalomaniac, who, in his capacity as N's foster father, intentionally led N to believe that most humans abuse their Pokemon partners, and that human-monster bonds are better off broken completely and indefinitely. After the cult lets N loose into the world to enact part of the leader's plot for grabbing power (having groomed him into an ideal partner for a legendary heroic monster), N has trouble accepting that everything he knows is wrong and most people are pretty decent to their monster pals. This is not unrealistic, deeply held beliefs do not change overnight no matter how blatant the evidence to the contrary is. It's not N's character that's the real problem in BWs plot. The real elephant of stupidity in the room that we ought to acknowledge is the intellectual hoops we have to jump through to believe Ghetsis' plan was ever truly realistic. The average Unovan person is cast as hopelessly ignorant and impressionable if we are to assume that N showing up on the Pokemon League stage with a dragon extolling the virtues of releasing your Pokemon was going to have a major effect on public opinion. All of Team Plasma's propaganda should be absolutely laughable to anyone with any experience interacting with Pokemon and with half a braincell, but even the main cast of characters who know it to be 100% bullshit (Juniper, Cheren, Alder et al) treat it as a legitimate threat to the region.
>>
>>55776549
You dont sound human, have you ever interacted with any?
>>
>>55776555
N is autistic THOUGH
>>
File: hmm... no.gif (2.46 MB, 498x373)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB GIF
>>55777450
No.
>>
>>55777589
>Americans are retarded and easy to manipulate
This is the most realistic part though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.