[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I already have the three starters tho what are some good parallels for Pikachu Snorlax and Lapras.
Kingdra perhaps, Ampharos, I was thinking Togekiss but I still think he counts as Johto
>>
typhlosion and 5 hm slaves
>>
Do it with six Dunsparce and nothing else.
>>
>>55773735
Sudowoodo to match Snorlax because they're both roadblocks
Shuckle or a Hitmon to match Lapras because they're all gift Pokemon.
>>
>>55773735
Quagsire is very good, so youll want to use him
>>
>>55773735
azumarill works for both pikachu and lapras due to being a water type pikaclone, and you can have an umbreon to match his espeon in GSC.
>>
>>55773735
Quag
Kingdra
Steelix
starter
Skarmory/Houndoom
Scizor
>>
>>55773735
I guess
>Pikachu to Togetic (togekiss is sinnoh)
>Venusaur to Meganium
>Charizard to Typhlosion
>Blastoise to Feraligatr
>Snorlax to Sudowoodo
>Lapras to Red Gyarados?
>(GSC) Espeon to Umbreon
Red having Lapras instead of Espeon was dumb in HGSS.
>>
>>55775069
I think GF felt Espeon was too Johto and they wanted to give Red a full Kanto team so they went with another gen I gift Pokemon. And Lapras doesn't take Hail damage, so the player can't just win by stalling the whole battle because they bought hundreds of Revives and Max Potions.
>>
>>55773735
Assuming you dont want to use post game Johto mon I would do that:

Tyranitar/Feraligatr>Charizard
Ampharos/Meganium>Blastoise and Lapras
Espeon/Skarmory/Typhlosion/Crobat>Venusaur
Heracross/Hitmontop>Snorlax
Donphan>Pikachu
>>
>>55773735
I beat him with a Typhlosion, Ursaring, Miltank, Crobat, Skarmory and Espeon.
>>
File: team.png (200 KB, 439x287)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>55773735
This is a fun idea, OP.
>pikachu
Ampharos is the obvious choice but actually Elekid has very similar base stats to pikachu and he gets even better moves like the elemental punches.
>talking about togekiss
Oh wait you're playing gen 4 so elemental punches are move tutors. Sad.
But if you just wanna not evolve him that's pretty much THE Johto equivalent of Pikachu.
>snorlax
He's pretty unique but the closest in theme may be Ursaring. Big bear with big physical attack. He isn't anywhere near as bulky, but its johto. Miltank is a little bulkier and gets milk drink. Its a good mon.
>lapras
Yeah I would go for Kingdra. Or you could channel his G/S/C battle and go for Umbreon or Espeon since he has an Espeon in the original game. Unfortunately all the johto new ice types are complete garbage at least until you can evolve to Weavile and Mamoswine, which I'm not sure when you can do that. As far as a unique water type, Kingdra is the best one and he's super cool.
>>
File: GoldKris.jpg (145 KB, 976x850)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
I'm going with a slightly different approach:
There is no canon game where Gold/Kris got all 3 starters like Red did in Yellow.
Therefore, I've done two teams, one for Gold and one for Kris.
These are as accurate as you can get when you take the story into consideration.
>b-b-b-but legendaries...
Seethe harder, just because you don't like le legendaries doesn't mean this isn't accurate.

Gold:
>Togetic
Egg mon received in Violet City
>Shuckle
Gift mon from Cianwood City
>Umbreon
Bill's gift mon (Eevee) in Goldenrod City
>Hitmontop
Gift mon from Karate King in Mt Mortar
>Lugia
Box legendary (available in both Gold and Silver)
>Ho-oh
Box legendary (available in both Gold and Silver)

Kris:
>Misdreavus
Sugimori art confirms Kris has a Misdreavus
>Sudowoodo
Roadblock mon à la Snorlax
>Espeon
Bill's gift mon (Eevee) in Goldenrod City
>Steelix
In-game trade in Violet City, and Metal Coat is later received on S.S. Aqua
>Suicune
Box legendary (story focus)
>Celebi
GS Ball event

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.