[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Ash_and_Kingler.png (271 KB, 640x480)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>Never fought a single battle before
>Sweeps a Pokémon league tier opponent

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>55776440
He's based along with Muk and Heracross
>>
>>55776440
catching pokemon in victory road be like
>>
>>55776440
>what is day care
>>
>>55776440
>What the fuck were they thinking?
Not being autistics and wanted to write something fun and memorable.
>>
>>55776505
You lost and Ash is never coming back.
>>
>>55776515
Lost what lol? You think I give a shit about OS Ashnime?
>>
>>55776440
>pokemon league tier opponent

What are you talking about? He was a round 1 flamer. Krabby was probably a high iv Chad is all.
>>
>>55776440
stupid anime for toddlers...
>>
>>55776440
Oak is a better trainer than Ash is
>>
>>55776440
>What the fuck were they thinking?
They weren't thinking at all
>>
KINGLER USED CRABHAMMER!
A CRITICAL HIT!
>>
>>55776440
That Kingler is cool!
>>
>>55776440
I'm still mad Ash put a loss on its record in Johto by randomly forgetting Misty's Psyduck gets super-strong when you give it a headache.
After he already beat Psyduck in an earlier battle against Misty.
>>
>>55776440
Ash loved his pokemon, that's the key. Lots and lots of lovin'. He loved them when he woke up in the morning, he loved them in the afternoon, and he loved them before he went to sleep at night. It was a regular love-fest at the Ketchum household.
>>
>>55776440
Considering that you could qualify for the league by just taking a test it’s safe to say that there are plenty of low level trainers in the early rounds.
>>
I really liked the filler “water pokemon only” tournament in the early Johto season. Gave Misty something to do and it was genuinely fun
>>
>>55776440
>Could have spent the original series with an awesome and unique team that consisted of Butterfree, Kingler, Muk, Taurus, and Primeape (Pikachu is still #6 since he's the mascot).
>Instead use three unevolved starters and the route 1 bird for the the entire series, then one of the starters doesn't fight anymore because it evolved, meaning he in effect has only has two unevolved starters and a route 1 bird.
>>
>>55776440
>Krabby gets mocked for being tiny, but is still a bro to Ash despite him being a whiny punk about it
>gets boxed
>hard carries for Ash in the League, as thanks gets boxed again
>meanwhile the useless ingrate Jobizard gets a spot in Ash's team for the entirety of Kanto and Johto
Done dirty, possibly the most betrayed of Ash's pokemon

>>55777586
Supposedly it's because a lot of pokemon's designs were too complex to consistently draw for a large amount of episodes. If it were up to me I would've had Ash cycling through pokemon constantly, and have him use all 146 non-legendary at least once.
>>
>>55777586
Tbf having all three starters was unique since you couldn’t get all three of them in red and blue. It would’ve been better if they let Bulbasaur evolve at least once, but it’s still miles ahead of every other time they gave Ash all three starters.
>>
File: cold together.jpg (44 KB, 827x515)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>55777624
>If it were up to me I would've had Ash cycling through pokemon constantly, and have him use all 146 non-legendary at least once
Problem is that the only Pokemon that would get any meaningful development would be Pikachu and it’d be hard to buy Ash’s strong bond with his Pokemon if they’re only around for 1 episode. Like imagine if pic related was just some random 1 episode fillermons.
>>
>>55777672
Yeah, this soulless as fuck. If anything, his team should have been handled like it was later on with set team of six.

Pikachu, Kanto starters, Pidgeotto, Buttefree was fine. They just need another mon to replace Butterfree after it left. It should have been Snorlax.
>>
>>55777672
He would average about one new pokemon an episode. That would mean he'd spend about five episodes with each individual pokemon as they pass through the rotation cycle. That's assuming he doesn't have favourites he keeps around for longer.

A big part of Pokemon was the 'gotta catch em all' angle, whereas Ash went through like a typical little kid playing the games running with whatever he caught first and never experimenting with anything else.

It didn't even really need to be Ash specifically catching them all, Misty and Brock were there too. They could easily have spread the Kanto Pokedex out between the three of them so they'd get more time with their own personal pokemon.
>>
>>55777849
Gotta catch em all was a western thing. Also people hated when Go was cycling through mons.
>>
>>55777672
And also, roughly three-fifths of the Kanto pokedex are evolutions. So it wouldn't be newly-caught pokemon necessarily, he could go 5+ episodes not catching a single pokemon and instead evolving the ones already in his team. Which means under ideal circumstances a scene like the ice cave one could be comprised of pokemon that had been on his team for upwards of 15 episodes. (Catch Pidgey, stays in rotation for five episodes, evolves, stays in party for another five episodes, evolves again, another five episodes; an entire series' worth of episodes to develop the relationship with that individual pokemon)
>>
>>55777857
Yeah, because the franchise had 20 years of "keep the same team for 50 episodes" momentum behind it before Go started doing that. If right out of the gate it had been the norm it wouldn't have been such a big deal.
>>
>>55777857
And it wasn't just a western thing. Professor Oak explicitly tells you to go and fill out the pokedex both in English and in Japanese. The entire point of the franchise is to catch and collect and trade different monsters, the same way (Japanese) kids catch and collect and trade bugs.
>>
>>55777873
People hated it because it was bad. The only Pokémon Go owned with any depth was just the three starters. Everything else was just filler.
>>
File: king.webm (3.86 MB, 420x316)
3.86 MB
3.86 MB WEBM
Crabhammer -> Aura Sphere -> Whirlpool
>>
>>55778123
I can't believe I missed this episode as a kid. I remember everyone at school talking about how ash was winning the league with kingler. idk why the fuck I didn't see it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.