[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Zombie Norman.png (314 KB, 1233x692)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
NORMAN
>>
>>55776564
Is that a hat or is it his hair?
>>
>another ROMhack that makes Norman a monster/villain
>>
>>55776564
Is that snakewood?
>>
>>55776569
I-is this common?
>>
>>55776617
Yeah wtf lol
>>
>>55776617
>>55777201
ROMhack makers who have shitty relationships with their dads - it's more likely than you think.
>>
>ARE YOU IN OR ARE YOU OUT?
>>
File: ROTTING.png (1.93 MB, 1064x1650)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>55776564
>>
Is it bad that I think Snakewood still holds up against modern hacks? The main story is surprisingly long and there's a wealth of side content I barely see mentioned or talked about. I also think it has that unique fresh Pokemon game feel that no other hack nor official entry has recreated. What other hack changes up Hoenn as much as Snakewood does? It's a clever reuse of the base region and I struggle to think of a hack that's actually a sequel set in the same region but with drastic changes other than the recent BW3 hack. There's so much depth to it for an early hack that most of its peers lack. If you ironed out the bugs, finished up the ending properly and redid the sprites you'd have an honest to god solid hack.
>>
>>55777272
this looks so fucking stupid
>>
>>55776564
He's not looking very normal here...
>>
>>55777343
sorry but making hacks that deviate enough from the original region while not changing it to be so unrecognizeable that there's no point in not marketing it as a custom region isn't a thing anymore
>nooo you dont understand!!!! for pokemon period blood red, ive given every gym leader, e4 member, evil team miniboss, and most random route trainers fully kitted out smogon teams to increase the difficulty of the game for HARDCORE NUZLOCKES!!!!!! there are helpful npcs to allow you to customise evs at will, and ive increased the difficulty of trainer fights accordingly, meaning every fight becomes an unfun, soulless prepfest as you just calc out whatever mons you have that can beat the fanfic meta teams, rare candy them up, and repeat. its ok though! while it might sound like this ruins the game, it actually doesnt, as ill market it as QoL!!!! also, all 8 gens of pokemon are in, in a region that was designed to support one gen - this means every route is disgustingly bloated, but ill claim the ridiculously diluted encounter odds for each pokemon lead to runs being unique instead of ACK- nowledging how this just forces you to reset over and over for optimal encounters since the difficulty of my fights are poorly balanced. what i have done, though, is randomly add numbers to the stats of assorted shitmons for my easy mode. i havent put much thought into it, but "luvdisc is good???" makes a good video title and its not like anyone wants pokemon species to be unique or interesting - much better to just have them all be one of three spreads. actual QoL? whats that? of course you still have to use cut on every fucking route! its ok though, ive groomed minors from the discord communities of several of my favourite pro nuzlockers, so expect to see this shitty romhack everywhere for the next month, as clout is far more important than making something actually good
>>
File: 453372-unujihn.jpg (232 KB, 1920x1090)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>55776569
>>55776617
>>55777201
>>55777225
Jesus fuck, Zoomies have zero media literacy. Of course it's a common trope
>https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArchnemesisDad
Go watch The Empire Strikes Back now Zoomies.
>>
>>55777437
>someone pulled off the evil dad trope a few times so that means my cringy impotent revenge fantasy is also high quality
Yea nah. $10 says you were the Naruto kid at school and tried to use Kill-My-Dad-Jutsu when he made you mow the lawn.
>>
>>55777405
This is exactly why I like Snakewood so much. It feels like a very vanilla Pokemon game aside from the difficulty, an alternate universe version of Pokemon Ruby. The only huge deviation that it has is boss Pokemon that you're not meant to catch, which I think is interesting and fitting for what Snakewood was going for.
>>
>>55777444
LOL
>>55777437
Wtf are you talking about, I'm not talking about a trope nigga, I'm talking about romhacks that specifically make Norman a villain or evil. Don't talk about media literacy when you don't have regular literacy
>>
>>55777620
Maybe this was a bit heavyhanded, sorry anon
>>
>>55777437
>>55777558
Please get a better gimmick
>>
File: capsule_616x353.jpg (57 KB, 616x353)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>55777444
>>55777620
I'm not defending it, quite the opposite I think the people who make the ROMhacks are unoriginal HACKS.
What pisses me off is your incredulity about this very common cliché.
No wonder the fanbase eats this slop up, they have no point of reference since they only consume pokeslop
>>
>>55777711
Still waiting for a ROM hack where Norman is a villain other than Snakewood.
>a-all these movie-
ROM hack
>b-but TVTrop-
ROM hack
>m-my nuzlocke comi-
ROM hack
>t-that edgy Essentials fangam-
ROM hack
>j-just ask AI to make slop ar-
ROM hack
>NOOOOOOOOOOOO
ROM hack
>you will never be a woman!
ROM hack
>WAAAAAAAAAAH
ROM. Hack.
>>
>>55777343
>>55777473
Well said. Snakewood will forever be based. It inspired me to write my own survival horror story. I unironically love the idea of an angsty teen trying to survive the apocalypse all on their own against insurmountable odds.
>>
>>55777343
It's unironically fairly innovative in a few places even if the execution is weird, the ship area had this funny yet clever puzzle solution where there's a locked door with no key, so you have to catch a Ditto from the area so it can use transform and BECOME the key.
>>
>>55778978
>Snakewood will forever be based
based on what?
>>
>>55779104
pokemon
>>
>>55777444
Blessed digits, blessed post. Put me in the screencap.
>>
>>55777437
masterb8
>>
File: Spoiler Image (131 KB, 1920x1080)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>55777444
>Kill-My-Dad jutsu
too soon
>>
>>55776564
OUT AM I??
>>
>>55776564
SOVLwood is based and I'm tired of trannies and cloverfags pretending it's cringe because it's le edgy with le outdated references
>>
>>55777248
>>55779524
Underrated
>>
>>55777405
>actual QoL? whats that? of course you still have to use cut on every fucking route!
gay ass post but this made me chuckle

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.