[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Highestgrossing.jpg (155 KB, 363x1199)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
How long will Pokémon hold the #1 spot?
>>
>>55776591
Forever, the others have to work for every cent they get. Pokémon is the only one whose fans have no standards.
>>
>>55776591
forever i hate all the switch games but i still bought them all and the dlc just for dex and ribbon purposes
>>
Damn, there isn't even much to choose from.
>>
>>55776591
probably another 30 years sadly, but by then the kids who grew up with the switch games will not buy their kids the contemporary games because they remember how bad they are and gf'll have to hustle to actually make a good game if they want more money.
>>
Crazy that Mario is the only franchise there that both originated as a video game and makes the majority of its money from video games.
>>
>>55776620
actually hypothetically speaking it could be longer if they keep popular kanto mons and lucario in the main spotlight forever for toys but we'll have to see.
>>
>>55776620
You are aware, the kids playing pokémon today are not you. are not as old as you nor do they share your opinion on the kiddy series, because they're currently the target market for it thus pandered to by the brand, yeah?
>>
>>55776591
>Disney now owns six of the franchises on this list

Monopolies like this shouldn't be legal
>>
>>55776663
you are also aware that kids know when they're playing unfun shit games, right? maybe you alphoomies are different but i knew shovelware when i played it.
>>
>>55776646
It’s kinda harder to push merchandise of a fat italian plumber to people who aren’t fans of the games compared to Pikachu.
>>
>>55776681
So why didn't you understand the big meme behind Pokémon then? It absolutely hasn't changed one bit of how it presents itself, except to try to make casualfags give a fuck about comp. Otherwise, it's still the entry-level kiddy RPG it's always been and if your generation ate up RS, then of course it's still selling today.
Kids have only gotten thicker over the years and if you've proven you couldn't twig that back then, how do you expect me to believe the current crop suddenly grew a brain?
>>
Sadly, probably forever.
Unless some massive fuck-up that goes beyond 10 Star Wars combined happens someday.
>>
>>55776591
why the fuck is Harry Potter so high? Even as a kid reading the books as they came out during Pottermania I thought they were mid

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.