[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Regulation G banner.png (804 KB, 800x450)
804 KB
804 KB PNG
I am having lots of fun with VGC Regulation G.

The most I have had with a nugen Pokemon meta since BDSP.
>>
>>55776625
>>
>The most I have had with a nugen Pokemon meta since BDSP.
Explain further.
>>
Horses were a mistake. Like anything to come out of Swooshie DLC
>>
>>55776946
This. Psyspam and Trick Room will always be lame playstyles that should be viable but never meta. Psyspam and Trick Room was mostly healthy in Reg F. The Caly forms are so broken and it's even worse because they enable these lame teams.
>shuts off an entire category of item just by existing (Unnerve)
>can boosts (sp)attack through KOs
>ridiculous min maxed stat spreads
>buff snow so the Ice Rider can be even more tanky
>100 accuracy spread moves with over 100 power, and also ignores partner (despite being smart enough to lower PBlades/OPulse accuracy for balance reasons)
It feels like they are someone's shitty OP donutsteel OCs.
>>
>>55777037
>It feels like they are someone's shitty OP donutsteel OCs.
Given how shit the horses and the onion-headed twat who rides them, I’d always assumed this was the case. Also don’t forget Neutralising Gas from Weezing being unable to turn off their ability.
>>
>>55776931
BDSP Metagames, Smogon's fanfics

UU and RU were great
>>
>>55776946
I'm not very bothered by them so far but Glacial Lance and Astral Barrage are indeed pretty braindead. Calyrex-Shadow's stats are unreasonable and I can imagine will carry many a bad player.

It's also encouraging more Incineroar spam.
>>
>>55777064
>Also don’t forget Neutralising Gas from Weezing being unable to turn off their ability.
That's such bullshit. Very donut steel.

Unrelatedly, I think Neutralizing Gas has the potential to be a super strong archetype.
>>
>>55777037
when you put it that way, the horses probably will ruin the unrestricted formats
>>
>>55777291
>I think Neutralizing Gas has the potential to be a super strong archetype.
It existing was what allowed pic to have its time in the light since being released back in 2006, and I imagine the same would be true for Slaking. Having Pokémon whose abilities hold them back but become monsters when their abilities get turned off is something I’d like GF to explore more now that Neutralising Gas is a thing (akin to how Trick Room is a gimmick but still works nonetheless), but they probably won’t given those types of Pokémon aren’t powerful right out the gate and that seems to be what they’re going for nowadays.
>>
>>55777563
I wasn't speaking about Regigigas being the restricted, although I did consider that given the meta is centralizing around Calyrex-Shadow.

I have seen nobody at all experimenting with Neutralizing Gas and I myself am struggling to even know where to start. There's so much potential that it's mindboggling.

Who knows, maybe even Skill Swap could do something, although I think there are too many immune mons and also the meta is too fast-paced for it.
>>
>>55777285
The horses are even more cancer than ever thanks to Tera.
>>
>>55777037
>It feels like they are someone's shitty OP donutsteel OCs.
Swooshie in a nutshell.
That's the vibe Leon always gave me. Like that someone finally got high enough up the ladder and so decided to make their OC donut steel from their elementary school notebooks into a real character.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.