[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pjimage-(15).jpg (178 KB, 1400x700)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
After being exposed to other monster catching franchies, I can safely say this. Every single "Pokémon Killer" or every monster catching show had better writing, characters, designs, stories, and gameplay than Pokémon itself. Pokémon is legitimately bottom of the barrel trash compared to even the most mediocre monster catching show. Digimon Tamers by itself solos the entirerty of the Pokémon series, including movies and manga. The only time the Pokémon series ever had anything remotely close to a good story was with Black and White, combined with certain arcs of the manga and Mystery Dungeon. Nintendo and GameFreak made a monster that has had a stranglehold on the genre for over 2 decades. I'm ashamed of liking it over others like Digimon, Medabots and Yokai Watch.
>>
You already made this thread. Fuck off back to >>>/v/ retard.
>>
>>55778185
>story
Who cares, the fun is in PvP
>>
Sex with Gargomon
>>
>>55778211
>>>/v/
>>
>>55778185
You wana know what pokemon had over all those franchises?
Consistency.
Every 3 years you got a new mainline game every year you got SOMETHING to do with pokemon, cards, anime, manga, games. It's the same as those NBA, Fifa, Cod. Games that release consistently so you always have something to look forward to.

Beyblades were cool, but there was nothing new. there's no new game mechanics or anything fancy. And you're "monsters" are stickers on a piece of plastic. You don't get to interact with them in any way, it's not really a monster game.

Monster rancher, is still going as a franchise it recently released a kaiju crossover game. It's got a loyal fanbase. But it's not pokemon, it's more like a tamagochi with a wonky battle game mode when your monster dies you need to start all over again.

Medabots is a sad story.
They lost the ip in the west because they wouldn't do anything outside of japan now it's owned by a bitcoin/nft mobile app. Last i heard of it they were fighting the courts to get their IP back but I haven't heard much in terms of who won. But since the medabots bitcoin/nft game is still up I don't have high hopes.

Digimon. I want to like more but no two digimon games are the same, you're buying it cos you hope you get to use your favorite digimon but it's hard to tell what the game will be, and they keep re-releasing cybersleuth like it's fucking skyrim.

And Yokai watch is to deep in eastern stuff to really get a handle in the west. Which is a shame. Because it's fun.

I love Monsterhunter stories, that's probably my favorite monster catcher. But it's only got two games and no news of a third on the horizon, at least I can still play regular monsterhunter.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.