[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DP208.jpg (13 KB, 267x150)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>cheating in real game pvp
Using cheats to affect the pvp "battle" directly, like invincibility, invisibility, rng manipulation, one shot kills etc etc
>cheating in pokemon pvp
Not paying for previous games + pokebank to get one viable pokemon
>>
>>55779358
>cheating in F1 pvp
Cutting corners
>cheating in pokemon pvp
Cutting corners

If you don't have the dedication to do it right, why compete?
>b-but
Don't cheat :)
>>
>>55779378
Pokemon is my favourite racing game
>>
>>55779378
bottle caps is cheating
vitamins are cheating
running is cheating
skipping text boxes is cheating
trading is cheating
>>
>>55779378
Cutting corners literally vs cutting corners figuratively. You have an uncooked cracked egg for a brain.
>>
>>55779358
stop cheating.
>>
Genning pokemon in order to play battles legitimately (without cheating during the battle with illegal moves, illegal stats, etc) isn't cheating. It can only be argued as cheating from sk.eone who considers the grind for the pokemon and leveling them as part of the battles which is retarded. However this seems to be what nintendo thinks and they made the game, so since they made yp the game its fair to say their rules are the rules of the game. So they're basically saying catching the pokemon yourself and training them is part of the tournaments. If they really wanted to enforce this, they would have the entire game more online like an mmo with cheat detection so you can't cheat so easily. Sucks for them because you can easily cheat to make pokemon that are undetectable from legit ones, so you can cheat if you want and they're shit out of luck. There will be no way they can tell and nothing they can do if you gen a pokemon with all of the correct data. So it doesn't matter. If I genned my pokemon and didn't train them myself I wouldn't feel guilty about it at all because the main focus of these tournaments are seeing who battles the best. Anyone can grind out a cookie cutter pokemon with the right stats. It's like saying you have to create fox and falco before playing smash bros in that environment.
>>
Keep cheating
The demiurge wants to limit your potential, don’t follow his rules
>>
>>55779358
You can use GTS or get the pokemon from friends as long as they are legit. Dont like that? Blame cheaters for poisoning that well, the system is SUPPOSED to work.
>>
>>55780261
Also, it's not like the tournament is saying "who can grind the most" it's not a tournament for who can grind the most or longest and has a level 9281657484 pokemon or something like that. It's just whoever wins the battles.
>>
>Get perfect IV shiny pawniard from GTS
>Train it for competitive
>Go to regional VGC tournament and pay entry fee
>Uh oh your Kingambit is genned! DQ'd!
>Money stolen, time wasted, and disdain for TPCi increased
>>
>>55780261
>>55780280
Basically the grind for the pokemon takes a chunk of time but it's not like some amazing feat that matters if you just won a fuckin tournament. If you get 1st place in the tournament and someone asks you, well did you grind all those pokemon? No one gives a fuck.
>>
>>55779378
Go fuck a dog, Verlisify
>>
>>55780269
wtf I love delcattyschizo now??
>>
>>55780430
>now
You aren’t fooling anyone samefag
>>
>>55780272
>blame cheaters for something that GF fails to hack check for and thus allow
lol
>>
>>55779358
Using a program outside the game to improve your game is cheating.
Using an autoclicker is cheating
You can still cheat in a single player game
using a trainer tool to give yourself max upgraded weapons in games is cheating.

It's cheating.
Now as long as the content is obtainable in game, I don't care if you cheat.
Genning pokemon is the least offensive cheats there are. As long as the pokemon you wish to gen is not an impossible pokemon, with broken stats. Then it doesn't fucking matter at the end of the day, but if the official competitions demand legit content, you can't get mad at them for disqualifying you.
>>
>>55781021
You didn't cheat in the actual battle though
>>
>friend gifts me a team of fully ev trained level 100 comp ready pokemon
>win a tournament
Not cheating
>gen a team of fully ev trained level 100 comp ready pokemon
>win a tournament
Cheating for some reason
>>
>>55779358
I didn't know scrafty could wear his hoodie
>>
File: 20230812_200541.jpg (30 KB, 1080x323)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
genning mons with legal moves/stats/abilities will never be cheating
>>
>>55782605
How can they even tell they were genned then if everything is right? Obviously if some faggot genned an impossible pokemon it should never be allowed. Even if all of the stats and moves are legal and it's only caught in the wrong location, ban that because its not possible to actually get. But there are some problems. What if they got it from the gts and assumed it was fine? Then they travel to a tournament and get dqed. That's nintendo's fault for not preventing cheated pokemon like that from being traded using their online services that you pay for. The least they can do is develop something to prevent people from getting hacked pokemon just by playing normally.
>>
Anti-genners act smug when they post here, but just remember every post they make is driven by rage and seethe that 99% of competitive players gen or modify pokemon stats and this will never change.
>>
>>55782694
why rage?
>>
File: venue-map.png (184 KB, 653x525)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>55779358
It's the same as using fake cards for the tcg.
I don't get what's hard to understand about that.

Anyhow "competitive" pokemon is an utter farce.

If they wanted real competition, they wouldn't force people to be there in person lmao.

If you're going to complain about "paying" for games, why not complain about how much it costs to travel to be at a specific irl location for the tournament?

The time, money, and resources needed for travelling are by far the biggest barriers to entry in "competitive" pokemon.

Wanna know a real respectable competitive gaming genre? RTS.

RTS tournaments don't require people from across the world to meet up irl for a gay orgie. They use this modern thing called the internet to compete with people from across the globe. And the scene is far more competitive for it. Not to mention that RTS themselves require actual skill, unlike turn-based casual shit like pokemon.

No offence, poketurds!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.