[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1701539989304362.jpg (48 KB, 735x649)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Which pokemon has the most cancerous fanbase?
>>
>>55782231
Gardevoir.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (109 KB, 1080x979)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>55782231
This one
>>
File: MegaSharpedo.png (56 KB, 630x630)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>55782231
Probably megas.
>T-this is not a battle gimmick like dynamax, it's different, because I say so!
>Gen 6 was peak because megas! That overrules everything bad about Gen 6!
>Wasn't it so cool when Tyranitar got more spikes? It was even cooler when Aerodactyl got more spikes. Oh, who could forget when Houndoom got more spikes!
>No, I never played competitive, why do you ask?
>>
>>55782242
Tera is the only good gimmick, the rest are shit.
>>
Probably anti-megafags.
>>
>>55782234
sorry, I misread OP post as hatebase. I pick my ass and smell it, by the way
>>
>>55782233
this, everytime I see it now I think of that webm with the retail autist with the giant homemade Gardevoir pin getting chewed out by an enraged father because the autist was making pervy comments about the guy's daughter having her first period. that is the Gardevoir player base
>>
>>55782261
You're not me, faggot.
>>
File: drowsee.png (2 KB, 80x78)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>55782249
Tera is by far the only tolerable one, but even I'm not a fan of it. It can be such a momentum swing for boosting sweepers that if feels like a coin toss sometimes on whether they will Tera or not.
Better than Mega, Dyna, and Z-Moves for sure, but I'd rather be without any of them.
>>
>>55782261
>Low quality attempt to falsefag
>Smells his own ass
Don't worry we could tell
>>
>>55782265
Least perverted gardevoirsubhuman
>>
File: IMG_20240423_170131.jpg (120 KB, 520x610)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>55782265
>my first time seeing said vid
lmfao

https://youtu.be/ZX6ChkoidOQ?si=agtXyERgWYVfgGtp
>>
>>55782231
Antimegafags
>>
File: flygonfags.jpg (693 KB, 1260x1514)
693 KB
693 KB JPG
>>55782231
>>
>>55782234
No one likes your shitty OC Raphael Borg.
>>
>>55782242
Mega evolution fans rewrote history in the worst way possible and I'll never forgive them for that mega puritans refuse to admit that any of the other gimmicks have merit.

Because all they want is one cool mon when every other gimmick is great I'm it's own way.

>>>if mega puritans had one hater it would be Mr.
>>>if mega puritans had no water I wouldn't exist
>>>people need to stop sucking mega evolutions dick
>>
>>55782231
>>
>>55782551
Where's pikachu on this scale
>>
>>55782234
spbp
it's funny how obvious it is it's just one autistic retard here who likes it because he samefags every thread with the same dogshit arguments and fan art
>>
>>55782551
Why are Lugia fans salty?
>>
The Eevee family, both individually and as a whole
>>
>>55782551
I'd say mawhile fans are a better salty/horny than Lugia.
Pedophiles mad that the had one generation in the spotlight as a mega, then forever relegated to shitmon; even worse than it's partner pokemon, Sableye
>>
>>55782231
animefags, especially ashfags

>>55782242
this
>>
>>55782641
Ashfags can't be the worst because people consistently hate the character just as much as they love him. It balances out.

Mega evolution fans are the worst
>>
>>55782598
this. It's such NPC normie bait and it's gimmick has never impressed me when literally any digimon does what Eevee does but better
>>
File: 106257452_p0.jpg (2.01 MB, 1575x2331)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>55782379
>is there any pokemon treated as cruelly and let down so many times
Holy shit that Reddit post comes across as entitlement.

Flygon doesn't even have it as bad compared to other Pokemon. Yes it sucks for someone's favorite Pokemon to be overshadowed by another Pokemon but the people complaining about Flygon should consider that there are people who's favorites are far more unfortunate than Flygon ever will be.

Flygon:
- artist's block preventing a mega evolution
- overshadowed by Garchomp
- eventual powercreep (not exclusive to Flygon)

Aurorus:
- is slow with the worst typing (Rock/Ice and 58 speed)
- its Rock STAB is wasted since it only has Ancient Power for a playthrough
- its typing is easily exploitable even by the supposedly braindead AI
- its weaknesses are to common types
- Inverse Battles may seem to be a saving grace but then it becomes weak to fucking Normal
- debuted in a generation that introduced Fairy, a type that actually counters Dragon (and is weak to Steel which means Steel has an increased presence, which in turn leads to Fighting being even more common)
- treated as a punching bag by the community (le weak to everything XD)
- despite having design inspirations from the aurora borealis, Aurorus was robbed from having Aurora Veil when the move debuted in gen 7 (and people still think it doesn't have Aurora Veil even though it does as if Gen 8, but you can thank Game Freak for making it an egg move)
- it is constantly used as an example of what an Ice type Pokemon "shouldn't be"
- Close Combat being given out like free candy in gen 8
- probably even more shit that I don't want to list

And these people have the utmost nerve to say that it's fucking FLYGON that has it very bad when it's good compared to other Pokemon like Aurorus and Migntyena? It's Pokemon like Aurorus and Meganium that deserve more buffs than Flygon so feel free to send me to the boats for that. Meganium for example is a starter Pokemon and is outclassed by NFEs.

:(
>>
>>55782764
Could be worse. You could be Bastiodon. Or Tropius.
>>
>>55782894
Bastiodon at least had a moment to shine in Pokemon Go PvP.
Tropius is forever cursed.
>>
>>55782894
Safe to say that Game Freak had a tendency to do all the dinosaur Pokemon very dirty sadly enough, especially the herbivorous ones.

>>55782902
>Pokemon Go
>>
>>55782902
Tropius isn’t good in Go pvp anymore?
>>
>>55782231
Waifumonfags are the number one, but starterfags, pseudolegendfags, and eeveelutionfags are close.
>>
>>55782249
Replace tera with mega, and I agree
>>
>>55782551
You MUST change Lugia for Dragonair.
>>
>>55782249
Teras fucking suck, can't wait for Megas to make that shit irrelevant in its own Gen when Z-A comes out.
>>
File: sddefault (5).jpg (53 KB, 640x480)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
truth be told, I like all the gimmicks and I made myself cope with the fact that Gamefreak wants to keep them region exclusive so that regions keep their identity and so there's hype to return to regions
>>
>>55782249
>Shit gimmick disincentives you from clicking supper effective attacks
>Shit gimmick can make Pokemon flick types at the drop of a hat
>Shit gimmick grants Pokemon unexpected and impossible coverage
>Shit gimmick is just retarded hats with laggy animations
>The new overhyped Tera Stellar is literal unusable dogshit nobody ever had success with
I'm fucking sick of you teratrannies and your mindless buzzwords, Tera is a fucking garbage gimmick and doesn't get the hate it deserves
>>
>>55782231
it's incineroar
say something bad about him and you're sure to upset the guy who says "you're still seething after all these years lol"
nobody even likes him for his design, they like him for bara art
>>55782556
>NOOOO YOU CAN'T LIKE A COOL MONSTER
typical humanfag enjoyer
>>
>>55783203
>lol, you're SUPPOSED to hate Incineroar. He's a heel!
Biggest cope of the decade
>>
>>55782231
incineroar
>>
File: kek.jpg (52 KB, 500x500)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>55782231
Quadrupedfags for being insufferable retards
>NOOOOO QUADRUPEDAL MONS ARE BETTER!!!!!
>Tfw venusaur is the least popular in it's own region
>Tfw meganium is the least popular in it's own region
>Tfw swampert is the least popular in it's own region
>Tfw Torterra is the least popular in it's own region
>Tfw samurott is the least popular hisuian starter
>Tfw skeledirge is less popular than it's own first stage which stands up on two legs
>>
>>55783251
I hate quadruped pokemon when they actively ruin the design like samurott and skeleshit. I don’t know why they’re so obsessed with getting shitty recolored animals.
>>
>>55783251
>>Tfw venusaur is the least popular in it's own region
That's due to its competing with CHARIZARD and CHARIZARD;s arch rival, also its a fat toad competing with a Dragon and a Living Cannon. Also Grass type symdrome, Grass isn't as cool or flashy as Fire and Water
>>Tfw meganium is the least popular in it's own region
Grass type syndrome, Also the Johtos starters as a whole get such constant stream of hate from fans and neglect from game freak that its hard to even gauge popularity
>>Tfw swampert is the least popular in it's own region
True
>>Tfw Torterra is the least popular in it's own region
True. though I feel Grass type syndrome plays a role. Also Piplup is constantly shilled in Japan and Infernape had an arch in the anime so that may have something to do with it as well.
>>Tfw samurott is the least popular hisuian starter
Proof? From what I've seen people like that one the most
>>Tfw skeledirge is less popular than it's own first stage which stands up on two legs
now your just coping, why randomly compare it to its first stage when you didn't so that to any of the others. You should compare it to Meow and Duck and Skeledirge mogs the Duck in terms of popularity
>>
File: Hisuian starters.png (146 KB, 364x460)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>55783373
>Proof? From what I've seen people like that one the most
>now your just coping, why randomly compare it to its first stage
I'm comparing a bipedal pokemon with a quadrupedal pokemon
>Duck and Skeledirge mogs the Duck in terms of popularity
And meow mogs both of them
>>
File: 20191024_132026.jpg (347 KB, 2500x1102)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
>>55783251
You forgot
>Tfw people would rather use a limbless starter over a limbed one
>>
>>55782560
Something about its voice in the anime being male.
>>
>>55783251
Sceptile is the least liked gen 3 starter.
It goes Torchic (normie) > Mudkip (literally the best starter/trivialise the region) > treecko (glue sniffer pick)
Also Fuecoco mogs Quaxly in terms of popularity.
>>
>>55783251
>let's just ignore the actual reasons as to why some of these pokemon like meganium are the least popular of their respective starter trios because quadruped boogeyman
>>
>>55783251
> Meganium least liked in gen 2.
All the coomers talk nonstop about Meganium, it's probably the most talked about Johtoddler starter.
>>
>>55784733
Not even coomers can save Meganium from being terribly unpopular.
Also don't they jack off to Typhlosion more? Typh is kinda furfagbait
>>
>>55784796
>save Meganium from being terribly unpopular
Well gee, maybe Game Freak should stop treating it like shit then? Meganium still having Leaf Guard when Shiftry and Empoleon got new abilities is pretty fucking telling that Game Freak's an absolute skank bitch when it comes to the gen 2 starters.

Also the Pokemon community is a joke.
>>
>>55783251
>Tfw skeledirge is less popular than it's own first stage which stands up on two legs
Decidueye and Empoleon remain bipedal and are less popular than their first form. Quit being retarded.
>>
>>55784828
>Quit being retarded.
You're trying to reason with someone who vilifies quadrupedal Pokemon for the sake of baiting others. It's not worth doing so.
>>
>>55784700
I still don't understand how anyone could interpret Lugia as being female solely.
>>
>>55782261
This
it's funny how obvious it is it's just one autistic retard here who hates it because he samefags every thread with the same dogshit arguments and image collages
>>
Isn't decidueye the least popular of the hisui trio? Doesn't help its dogshit to use as well
>>
>>55784824
That's true. Meganium being unpopular is not because of it being quadrupedal but probably because of everything else. I can't even think how GF can save it. Its Grass monotype is mediocre, its movepool has some decent stuff at least, its stats aren't that great (to today standards, i know powercreep also sucks).
Its abilities are also mediocre and not even Gen 5 could save it with a useful hidden ability.
Even design-wise, Meganium is very unimpressive : a dino-shaped green blob with a flower.
Poor Meganium, GF has fucked it up so bad it is insanely difficult to save it.
>Game Freak's an absolute skank bitch when it comes to the gen 2 starters
The sad thing is that it's only completely true for Meganium considering Typhlosion got a second form and Feraligatr wasn't too bad at first and got Sheer Force with Gen 5
>>
>>55784843
He's the new anti-Icefag.

I wonder what would happen if someone suggested an Ice type Samurott that remains quadrupedal? Bonus points if there were suggestions for Ice having new resistances.
>>
File: maxresdefault(7).jpg (67 KB, 1280x720)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>55784852
The community needs to learn that it's not Meganium that deserves the hate, it's Game Freak. Game Freak deserves all the hate the community has been giving Meganium for the past 20+ years, but the community would rather crucify Meganium instead of going after WHY Meganium is like this.

What did Meganium do to deserve all this? What the fuck was Game Freak's problem with sauropods? Game Freak also fucked over Tropius and Aurorus yet people have the fucking nerve to say that it's Flygon that has it bad because "WAAH MUH FLYGONERINO DOESN'T HAVE A MEGA EVOLUTION WAAH AND MUH 600 BST LAND SHARK" meanwhile Aurorus fucking suffers in playthroughs because of the shitass Rock requirent for fossil Pokemon and the fact its slow while being Rock/Ice. Both Game Freak AND the Pokemon community are a fucking joke.
>>
>>55784853
Someone actually designed an Ice type regional for a Legends: Unova game idea
>>
>>55783089
Megas certainly wouldn't make tera irrelevant.
It would be hilarious if gen 9 does end with megas in the scene though lol
>>
File: 1713545321928514.jpg (1006 KB, 1718x4096)
1006 KB
1006 KB JPG
>>55784724
>Sceptile is the least liked gen 3 starter.
Blatantly false
>>
>>55784851
>bipedal pokemon
You're not actually helping anon's case against quadrupedal starter Pokemon by pissing on him.
>>
>>55782231
Is there any contest, really?
>>
File: 1706894246858.jpg (244 KB, 1080x1080)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>55784985
>Global poll
Nips(opinions most relevant to Gamefreak) don't give a shit about green edge lizard
>>
>>55785999
ywnbj
>>
>>55785999
Imagine posting a Clown poll
>>
File: 1707990517792760.gif (457 KB, 405x228)
457 KB
457 KB GIF
>OP asks which pokemon has the most cancerous fanbase
>Anon answers
>A faggot fan of that kind of pokemon gets salty about it by proving his point
lol lmao every single time
>>
This may be the worst thread this board has seen in a while.
It's like every single post is made by people who have autistic grudges with some specific other group of people and weird takes built from multiple levels of contrarianism built up through years and years of shit flinging and arguments.
So basically everything that had made this board insufferable since 2016 or so, but condensed to one thread.
>>
>>55782231
/vp/ contrarian faggots who in reality have mainstream opinions
>Grimmsnarl/Corviknight are my favorite gen 8 Pokemon! The rest suck!
>If I was a Gym Leader, I'd be Dark type
>Ugh, the Colosseum battle animations are so soulful...
>[post about Johto being flawless]
>[post about Unova being the worst thing ever]
>>
>>55784853
>He's the new anti-Icefag.
it's the same guy
>>
>>55786009
and (You) will never be white ahahahaha
>>
>>55788008
>>If I was a Gym Leader, I'd be Dark type
I thought it was Dragon
>>[post about Johto being flawless]
What the fuck are you talking about, Johto is constantly shit on, even for things every other gen does, to the point where its likely the most hated region now
>>[post about Unova being the worst thing ever]
Haven't seen (as much) Unova hate lately. I guess Game Freaks incessant KANTOOOOOOOOOOO obsession made people appreciate the one time Game Freak tried to distance itself from Kanto.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.