[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Your age
>When you got into Pokemon
>Have you ever loved Pokemon as much as this guy or the "proud of it's power" Lucario guy?
>>
>>55783735
2005/FireRed
No
>>
>>55783735
>21
>2007 is my best guess, Diamond
>no not really i just like mons
>>
>>55783735
6 or 7, i can't remember
No
>>
Red and blue launch during pokemania
Yes. I'm autistic (obviously) and pokemon was my hyper fixation/special interest at the time. I played pretend with my brother and neighbors that we were pokemon trainers in the woods looking for monsters to catch. To zoomers you joined after gen2 you deeply missed out on peak humanity.
>>
>>55783735
Diamond back in grade school
I only like Pokémon because it's the only "decent" monster-collecting game that people still care about and is still relevant to this day. If it wasn't for Pokémon GO, I'd probably forget about the entire series.
>>
Blue
I do, but no one will ever know
>>
>>55783735
>21
>probably like 2009 with Diamond
>probably not
>>
I’m super autistic about characteristics and always try to get “highly persistent” with the maximum 27 IVs in defense on all my favorites
>>
File: fli2.jpg (24 KB, 440x440)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>55783735
2010 with pokemon yellow and the anime
I'm a little obsessed with pokemon but in the degenerate way
>>
Ruby was first game
I don’t think so. I’m pretty casual
>>
>>55783735
>23
>first saw the end of Battle Frontier and start of DP anime around 2006, tried Pearl in 2008 on a whim while skimming an R4 I got at a local market; TECHNICALLY got proper into it on a different R4 in 2011 with SS and copy of White with the 0xp failsafe, which I covered with a proper cart 6 months later when I remembered Pokemon was a thing

Loved the characters and music (especially to beat my dick) since 2009, but I fluctuate in terms of the games every few years or so. Tried all the games on launch since SM since I didn't get a 3DS until 2015 on a whim except Brilliant Diamond and Scarlet
The former I'd try by January on another whim to see if no HMs would make vanilla Sinnoh feel better not having a HM slave at all times is nice, but not by that much; having a place to get Ribbons for other Pokemon is cool though
For the latter, I simply did not give a shit about Gen IX after Sword's quality, not liking what I saw besides a couple music tracks and some select few mons (plus the base 400 Pokedex being spectacular), ended up getting it and the DLC after my last digital voucher was gonna expire at the end of a month where nothing I was interested in was coming out and also got a Switch gift card from my younger sister. Still not great, performance makes TotK look flawless, but it's so much better than SwSh that the only reason I could ever go back is Ribbons, the odd curry I want to cook since camping was great, and maybe Dynamax Adventures should that ever interest me or I find other people IRL playing these shit games. God, for all the designs I actually like, that game is abhorrent compared to, even BDSP, everything that came after it.
kek I forgot LGPE entirely. Got the Eevee one a month ago second hand, is fun so far (just beat Misty). First time actually trying to finish a Kanto game, so I might fucking know where everything is now.
>>
>30
>either early 1999 or late 1998
Not sure exactly. I just remember already watching a few episodes and having a couple toys by time my parents were looking at having a house built, meeting the neighbor kids several times before we moved in, then starting kindergarten in 1999. I was real young so idk how long all that actually took.
>yes
I used to refer to any animal I saw as the closest pokemon, not just sometimes as a little playground game but nearly all the time in daily life, and continued to do so well into high school. Played the tcg in the league until gen 4. I collected everything pokemon, to the point of saving tcg pack wrappers and magazine clippings. While my whole room was basically a pokemon shrine growing up, the coolest part was my "research lab" under my bed: it was high enough to crawl around under and prop myself up on my elbows comfortably so I pulled in a lamp for light, I'd read over pokedex entries and take notes as I played, draw my own interpretations of new pokemon based on the shitty sprites/screenshots in magazines, invent a few fakemon of my own, test the overwhelmingly false rumors of how to get rare pokemon like the pokegods, I even drew the unown and later the braille chart on the wall for easy reference since my parents were never gonna crawl down there to know. I even sent some of my "findings" to Nintendo a few times and even though the replies were always that generic "thank you for your input, but we can't do anything with this" corporate speak you'd expect, I kept at it and on a few occasions got a little bonus like a common card or a sticker included with the letter. Also pretending my pokemon were really with me like imaginary friends, which I still do just not out loud.
>>
>30
>gen 1
When I was a child pretending to be a Pokemon Trainer, I would only walk in straight lines and only make 90 degree turns. That's about as autistic as I got.
>>
>>55783735
>25
>Emerald
>my first fap was to May
>>
>>55783735
>31
>1999 when a girl in 1st grade told me about it and drew some of the pokemon to show me
>later when gen 2 came out I named my starter Feraligatr "Friendgatr" after a while because I liked it so much and thought it was like my friend. RIP...battery died before gen 3 even came out because I played it so much I guess. Also, later in gen 4 when I was doing wifi battles on gamebattles I remember having a crobat that always saved my ass so I named it Clutch and I always get a Crobat called Clutch when I play any of the games now if I have the chance.
>>
>>55783735
I don't know about that, but Erika has been my waifu since 1999
>>
>>55783735
Age of 4 with Gold
My gaming tag is the name I gave my Zangoose as a kid
>>
>>55783735
>23
>4 or 5, Leafgreen
>Have you ever loved Pokemon as much as [...] the "proud of it's power" Lucario guy?
Yeah, I don't get why he's considered autistic. Making up characters for your pokemon based on actual traits is fun
>as much as this guy
No
>>
>>55783735
pic related is actually an occultic technique. it’s what actors do too
>>
>>55783735
Fuck off glowie
>>
>>55785238
>24
>emerald (2006)
I’m not sure those guys “love pokemon” more than everyone else, they’re just really fucking autistic about the personalities of their mons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.