[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why did XY outsell ORAS by almost 40k?
Weren’t people more hyped for gen3 remakes?
>>
>>55788747
Remakes and rereleases in general sell less.
>>
ORAS was not a new generation
>>
>>55788747
Holy fuck ORAS was within 40k? How was it that close???
>>
>>55788937
ORAS had a lot of hype behind it, especially since the previous remakes were HGSS. Some people thought XY were "mid" because Game Freak was "prepping" ORAS
It also explains why BDSP was divisive before it even came out, because the remakes prior to it were LGPE.
>>
>>55788747
im about to play this later today
what am I in for?
>>
>>55788747
XY is still the first 3D mainline game. That mattered a lot at the time
>>
>>55789095
>It also explains why BDSP was divisive before it even came out, because the remakes prior to it were LGPE.
That and the fact that when BDSP were first revealed, you could immediately tell it was a scam to con you out of 60 bucks.
>>
>>55788776
Yup
>>55789104
XY? Meh, Game Freaks first trip into full 3D, not perfect but pretty bog standard. Lumiose City still impresses me how large it feels. If you want a semblance of a challenge I recommend you either turn off EXP. Share, or play Eternal X/Wiltimg Y instead.
>>
File: IMG_2979.jpg (731 KB, 2560x1593)
731 KB
731 KB JPG
>>55788747
Yo-Kai Watch’s biggest news headline about outselling Pokemon was during OR/AS’s run. They were the most recent games at the time Level-5 mopped the floor with Gamefreak.

Kids in Japan were ready for something different
>>
>>55788747
XY were good. ORAS were shit. Hope this helps.
>>
>>55789135
cope you fuckin FAG thats not true
>>
>>55789104
me too , got X at a garage sale and about to play in a few hours
Who should I start with bros?
>>
File: IMG_3198.png (2 KB, 755x421)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>55788747
It was wildly close for a remake. Usually, order is clear and defined: New Gen > Remake > 3rd Game, but Gen 6 is the only anomaly where the remakes actually stood a chance to be the top selling game.
>>
ORAS were pretty good and no amount of frontier bitching will change that.
>>
>>55789135
>muh sales = quality
go back to eating mcdonalds because you think its quality food, you walking tub of lard fat fuck

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.