[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: leafeon.jpg (140 KB, 854x1000)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
I'm working on a fanmade Type chart. I'm super interested in the idea of certain Types interacting in ways OTHER than weaknesses/resistances. Easy examples:

>Using a Water Type attack on a Grass Type will raise its stats, as if it had used the move Growth
>Using a Flying Type attack on a Fire Type gives them a Flash Fire effect of making their next Fire attack stronger
>Using a Poison attack on a Water Type pollutes their water supply, so their Water attacks do less damage and they take chip damage for 3 turns.

I'm just having trouble actually thinking of appropriate buff/debuff Type interactions. I can't think of a lot of cool or intuitive ones. :/
>>
File: Glaceon.png (652 KB, 1000x1000)
652 KB
652 KB PNG
>>55790177
Glaceon should get Snow Warning
>>
Steel-types hitting other Steel-types with a physical Steel-type move increases the Attack of both the user and the target
Steel sharpening steel and such

Similarly, Rock-types using Rock-type attacks on other Rock-types becoming super or not very effective based on weight difference, bigger rock crushes smaller rock
>>
>>55790231
>Steel sharpening steel and such
I thought you were talking about when two metal surfaces hit each other and go bOwOwOwOnG.
>>
>>55790244
That happens if a NON-Steel-type uses a physical Steel-type move on another Steel-type, the attack bounces off and they go all wobbly and fall off a cliff
Also the target's Defense goes up
>>
>>55790177
>>55790231
These would work better as abilities or moves.
>>
>>55790177
Make thunderbolt have a chance of inflicting burn on grass types, since trees catch on fire when they get struck
>>
>>55790899
Electric-type moves that burn would be nice
>>
>>55790177
>Ghost no longer resists Bug
>Psychic is both weak to and strong against Ghost
>Ice resists Water and maybe Flying
>Maybe Steel should resist Fire but is weak to Electric
>Ground resists Fire and maybe Rock no longer does

>>55790231
I had the exact same idea-what. Fricking cool.

>>55790899
There should be a move that's called "dry zap" that burns the opponent if it's a non water type since a dry electric shock can cause burns. If the opponent is a water type or is affected by Rain, it can paralyze instead
>>
>>55791392
>rock shouldn't resist fire
Have you ever tried to burn rock before?
>>
>>55790177
the one thing that always bothered me as a kid was why fighting and normal physical attacks dont hurt the user when used against a Rock or Steel type. the rock/steel type takes SE damage so maybe it balances out? imagine physically striking a rock.
>>
>>55791469
Not me literally but I have seen it. They break. Afaik, steel irl has a higher melting point that rocks.

Also I said "maybe". Rock and Steel could both resist Fire tho that would hurt the Fire type a lot
>>
Not a type interaction change but change the typings of fossil Pokemon.
>>
>>55791521
Steel and rock SEEM like super tough material, and I guess they are, but that's relative. The force required to damage rock and steel are very high, but if you CAN produce enough physical force then these materials shatter/bend/dent quite easily.
>>
>>55790177
Make leafeon a leaf/ leaf type.
That way it can gain a weakness to fire but an advantage over water.
>>
Psychic type attacks against Psychic type Pokemon deal 1/8 HP damage back to the user

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.