[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: th-3332785298.jpg (32 KB, 474x312)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>
>>55791975
No.
>>
>>55791980
I play FireRed, that's it.
>>
>>55791975
>Worth it
It's free, the only cost to consider is time investment and if you're asking 9gag to think for you, your time isn't worth much either
>>
>>55791988
Ok.
>>
>>55791975
Shinies are 1/500 chance iirc which is kinda neat, it only feels worth if you have pokestops nearby though. My last job I could spin 2 stops in the mall while on break and farm items, including on my bus commute. Now I live in the edgr of the city and have to actually move around more lol. If you're rural then GG
>>
>>55791975
You had to be there in 2016/17.
>>
>>55791988
Emerald mogs
>>
>>55792104
Felt like the second coming of Pokemania honestly with how obsessed people were.
>>
>>55792104
>>55792212
I remember my friends and I walking downtown, then some ripped bro in a muscle shirt ran up on us "DID YOU GUYS FIND THE DRAGONITE?!" there were people everywhere playing it.
I wish my phone could handle it at the time, alas.
>>
>>55791988
Play Sapphire or Ruby, then Emerald, and finally play either Crystal or HGSS. Platinum is MANDATORY, because is way better than Diamond and Pearl.
>>
>>55791975
nope!
Never was
>>
>>55792246
not enough kantomons...
>>
>>55792311
Didn't you played FRLG? You had enough KANTO. If you want more, play Crystal instead of HGSS. Gen 2 Johto is still VERY cemented into Kanto 2.0. Gen 4 Johto started to shine on it's own.
>>
>>55791975
What are you doing spending that much time on your phone in the first place?
>>
>>55792329
ignoring life
>>
>>55791988
Oh, so do you like Kanto? Thats great because we have a Kanto themed event running AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN EVERY SINGLE FUCKING YEAR AND THE NEXT YEAR AND EVERY SINGLE YEARS AFTER THAT BECAUSE THE GAME IS DYING AND THE NORMIES ONLY CARE ABOUT KANTO SO THEY ARE BRINGING KANTO AGAIN YEAH KANTO FUCK YOU GALAR FUCK YOUR CUTE AVATARS FUCK YOUR DAILY FREE REMOTE DAY PASS FUCK YOUR FREE MYTHICALS FUCK FEMALE SALANDIT WE ONLY FUCKING WANT KANTO ALL FUCKING HAIL KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>55792539
But no gameplay
sad...
>>
>>55792539
daddy chill...
>>
>>55792539
>>
>Read terms of service
>"We permanently store all the videos you record through our app, all your location data while using the app, and openly sell this data to third parties."
If you have to ask if its worth it, you're firmly in the ngmi camp.
>>
>>55791975
It’s only worth it if you want a little dex boost to benefit your main games. Go can hell you complete your base dex for a quicker way into the shiny charm, as well as fill out your Home dex with the random spawn rotations as well as legendary raid rotations. The easy shinies from community days and other events get the most use out of being transferred out of Go before it shuts down in 5 or 20 years from now. Shiny legendaries and mythicals can especially be valuable, since they’re a 1/20 chance to get and the main games nowadays have shiny locked legendaries left and right.
I myself have used Go to fill out my Home dex, complete my sword and scarlet dexes for the shiny charm, grabbed rare legendaries while they were in raid rotations to trade for rare legendaries I couldn’t get in the main games (the other box legendary, the DLC legendary that you didn’t choose, the postgame paradoxes that were only in the other game) via Home’s GTS. It’a also the only way to get Meltan/Roaming Gimmighoul and an easier way to get the furfrou trims and vivillon forms.
>>
>>55792787
Recently re-downloaded it and they won't stop asking me to turn on Adventure Sync, which means I need to let them have my location 24/7... shit's so wack
>>
>>55791975
Game stopped being fun back when all the Pokeradars got shut down. Hunting down perfect IV Pokemon took me and my friends to so many unique places compared to visiting the exact same places multiple times repeatedly for gyms.
I remember there was a near perfect IV Chansey over at a nearby cemetery one night. Me and my two buddies drove over there and got caught in a traffic jam leading into it, all players trying to catch it. We got out of the car and started talking and chilling with like 30 or so people for a while. Met some cool people that night, and this happened frequently.
Game is dead in my area now. Nothing but a handful of asocial carfags/trannies and gyms out the open heavily contested by Mystic spoofers.

To answer OP's question, it depends on what you want out of it, and heavily dependent on where you live. It's free to play, so give it a try. And if you like it, maybe look into local communities if you're into that. My local areas used to have Facebook raid groups where dozens of people would carpool with others to spend all day raiding and sometimes going out to restaurants and shit. It's a good time, but again, really depends on where you live.
>>
File: IMG_4378.jpg (652 KB, 1179x779)
652 KB
652 KB JPG
>>55791975
i completed the pokedex 100%
>was it "worth it"
i have an affinity towards complete pokedex and living form dex
having ALL the available forms within home +hundreds of shiny
it was worth it to me
the memories of each of the games came back as i collected them in go, used them for pvp
walked thousands of KM for eggspawns etc

it is a money pit\time sink that never ends
it is the most hardcore entry in the franchise
it has the largest available pokedex of ANY game

cons:
niantic fucking sucks
dripfeed \ fomo
paywalls

decide for yourself instead of making shitposts on this underwater basket-weaving mongolian webforum
>>
>>55794243
fucking LEGEND

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.