[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: this.png (7 KB, 762x230)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
Why?
>>
File: 1280px-0975Cetitan.png (443 KB, 1280x1280)
443 KB
443 KB PNG
Cetitan is a fat fuck, that's why.
>>
>>55792886
is that AAAAAAAAAAAAAA?
>>
Because they wanted a decently alright mono-Ice Type having the option of sweeping in its respective weather but also a Whalemon that wasn't dead weight on your team

One of gen9's good enough additions, not too OP & not another Trick Room shitter
>>
File: .png (71 KB, 850x890)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
I did not know this exists until just now. Jesus christ how horrifying
>>
>>55792960
Built for Chilly Reception
>>
>>55792944
>High HP
>Horrible defenses
>Uses belly drum in the first turn thanks to slush rush
>reduces its hp to 51%
>Now you have bad defenses and bad hp
>Gets killed in the same turn unless you invest some evs in the defenses which means it will not be as fast and/or as strong
>Almost requires aurora veil or the opponent not attacking him at all

I love this mon, it happens to have my favorite shiny of all time, but was poorly designed. Ironically, my cetitan didnt eat the berry I gave him because the way HP is rounded when halved, and i forgot how much EVs or IVs he needs to have so the HP bar becomes yellow after belly drum, but even with high hp, its no use without screens
>>
>whale pokemon with high HP stat
>can't learn water spout
>>
>>55792886
Wynaut
>>
>>55793204
Lol just make sure it's hp is an even number (4hp EVs at lv100) to proc the Sitrus Berry, also

>Almost requires aurora veil or the opponent not attacking him at all
That's exactly the point as it was built with the Snow buff in mind, whereas if you can have screens up &\or find an opening via status like all BD sweepers it's much easier.
>>
>>55793204
>This pokemon has strong points and weak points, this makes it poorly designed.
Zoomers are the reason for power creep existing.
>>
>>55793816
what power creep? dragonite is gen 1 and still used
>>
>>55793912
ok and? dragonite isn't gen 1
>>
>>55793685
Thx, i'll edit its stats later.
And the problem with the snow buff is that its defenses are not good enough to benefit from that alone. Not to mention its special defense is even worse and not protected by snow. I use it on doubles and is good to attack one opponent, being vulnerable to the other guy and priority attacks. Too much effort and set up to do what other mons do naturally. I don't mind losing as long as I have fun with it, but it sures takes more effort than usual

>>55793816
>Oversimplifying an scenario
>"I am so hecking clever!!1!"
You can be better than this anon. This mon is (unfortunately) not viable and you know it
>>
>>55793204
>Ice-type is shit without assloads of buffs
Color me surprised
>>
>>55793912
dragonite is only good because priority is busted in every generation it appears
it's what made dumb grass ape strong
it's what made gen 6 fire bird strong
and it'll be gone when it can't get free boosts next generation when tera is gone.
>>
>>55794221
Is it even surprising?
>>
>>55794221
>Ice type is shit when used by a campaignshitter who’s bad at the game
Color me surprised
>>
Those aren't even bad stats and it's got a good movepool and abilities, mono ice is just hard to make work. Also if you think it's "frail" you need to learn how to invest EVs properly into Pokemon with inflated HP.
>>
>>55792886
You know, a lot of Ice types have massive strengths with massive weaknesses. Don’t you think it’s a bit polariz…
>>
>>55794458
xDDDDDDDd
>>
>>55792960
This would be terrifying if was released in gen 7 or 8
>>
>>55793912
just like tauros, snorlax, exeggutor, slowbro, rhydon and jolteon, right?
>>
>>55794566
you mean just like Oinkologne, Spidops and Grafaiai?
>>
>>55794713
>Grafaiai
>On the level of Oinkolonge/Spidops

Actual retard, utility mons with an actual offensive stat are usable in most tiers via Encore alone
>>
>>55792886
like Cetitan but its said that it has the same hp and just better stat distribution and a an actually pertinent ability unlike Wailord
>>
File: 1489261020480.jpg (41 KB, 680x680)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>55793912
>>
>>55792932
Nah, 55 isn't a prime number and AAAAAAAAAAAAAA has like 223 HP or something absurd like that
>>
>>55795954
>oblivious
isnt that super g-
wait, no, i was thinking of unaware, the fuck is oblivious?
>prevents infatuation and taunt
why
>>
>>55796049
and thats after the recent buffs, oblivious certainly isn't bad but Wailord has no support moves.. or moves in general the best its got are scuffed whirlpool/block and pressure stall sets that rarely works in the lowest tiers

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.