[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I like spooky spectres. Intangibility and shadowmancy are cool as fuck superpowers. Post your favorite ghosts, and share your ideas/wishes for new Ghost Types. I want a Psychic/Ghost sphinx Pokemon really badly.
>>
If you're confused why btw it's cuz I'm imagining the sphinx would be a mixture of the Greek and Egyptians ones. And Egyptian cats are somewhat associated with death since cat iconography often decorated tombs, and cats themselves were sometimes mummified and entombed. And Ghost Type just have a lot of mysterious supernatural abilities and a shadowy nature which are fitting for a sphinx since sphinxes symbolize forbidden knowledge and secrets.
>>
I always wished there was a goth Ghost regional Gardevoir that had a gaping hole in her chest where her heart plate should be.
>>
>>55795915
umbreon is already the egyptian archtype plus the dark, espeon already covers the psychic, and tera can let you make a ghost eevee type, and THEY ALL KNOW SHADOWBALL

you ghost eevee schizos really are pathetic
>>
>>55796986
>umbreon is already the egyptian archtype

????????????????

It's the black version of maneki neko, the thing meowth is based on. The black versions often have gold rings, black cats are considered lucky in Japan. That's why its Japanese name Blacky sounds like lucky

Male Meowstic having dark fur and rings in its design is based on the same thing
>>
>>
>>55796869
Could be an interesting idea, maybe a 0 friendship kirlia evolution
>>
File: 1162860386736555.png (38 KB, 715x255)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
Are all "ghost" pokemon the spirits of once-living pokemon?

Or is this like a Danny Phantom situation?
>>
File: Totem_Trevenant_present.png (1012 KB, 1280x720)
1012 KB
1012 KB PNG
>>55797729
While I dig the concept of 0 friendship 'mon evos, Gamefreak would probably never ever do it solely because Pokemon is all about friendship (except for the irredeemable villains)
>>55798151
It seems to vary. Some are actual dead Pokemon, some are dead humans (or at least rumored to be) and some of them have actual lifespans, up to actually dying of old age.
>>
>>55798162
Then it's more like Ghostbusters where sometimes ghosts are dead people and sometimes they're like, weird glowing puppets.
>>
>>55798151
I think it depends on the pokemon. Otherwise ghosts would just outnumber everything. And your pokemon would never really die, just evolve again?Or devolve.
I guess the closest thing would be digivolution, when your Digimon dies it sometimes turns into an egg of a new digimon. That, but gastly.

Also some ghost pokemon can be ghosts. See ghost mimikyu from the anime.
I feel like some just swap bodies. Like Trevenent probably gets to big and possesses a new tree. Pumpkaboo die and posess a new pumpkin every pumpkin season I guess? This is just head canon.
>>
>>55795915
I love drifblim and Mimikyu. I'd like that new skeleton dog but I hate it's crimson chin jaw.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.