[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1703112706219290.webm (2.92 MB, 1280x720)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
Is it supposed to be like that?
>>
>>55852820
No, they were not supposed to put CS1.6 floor textures onto the Switch
>>
>>55852820
you realize the video is criticizing the slow battle RPG layout that all pokemon games had for 57 years, little autist?
>>
>>55852871
nigger I played some slow pokemon games in my life and it aint never take 22 seconds for a crab to get some status debuffs, even if the floor was not taken from CS1.6
>>
>>55852871
lol
>>
>>55852820
Kek
>>
>>55852820
That'll be $60 + $35 dlc + $20 Nintendo online subscription + $17 Home subscription.
>>
People are talking about the ground texture and
>klawf's anger shell
>klawf's anger shell
>klawf's anger shell
>klawf's anger shell
>klawf's anger shell
While I want to point out how the landscape looks like shit and may as well be from a PS2 game with how ugly that rock wall is, and I'm not just talking about its texture.
>>
File: vpnfs6x005l81.png (1.82 MB, 5120x2880)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
>>55853076
Anon, look at shadow of the colossus. PS2 games look better than SV.
PS1 games like Spyro look better than SV simply out of composition.
>>
>>55853064
holy moly guacamoly! i am le hecckin buyin two two versions of this to own the frickin transphobic chuddies!
>>
>>55852820
>>
>>55853126
the fact you've somehow made this about trannies means they've already won anon
>>
>>55853076
That's an insult to PS2 games. SV's world looks like a literal N64 game except the trees can wiggle, so basically the same shit as SWSH's Wild Area.
>>
>>55853184
is thankfully not in this game.
>>
>>55853076
ps2 games unironically look better than this. the environment in OP looks like somebody made it in unity in 5 minutes. it's embarrassing.
>>
>>55852820
>>55852871
People like to ignore the big improvements to the battle system that came with SV, mainly the camera and the fact that everything happens in the world of the game where you are actually standing and not in a separate battle screen.
To me that was way more important than speeding things up. It's an enormous step in terms of immersion.

I guess the battle system itself will only gradually improve over many games but not drastically change in one Gen. They know they have a formula that sells as it is.
>>
>>55852871
>>55853374
PLA solved this and also gave players full movement during battles, retards
SV was a massive backpedal
>>
>>55853126
obsesssed
meds
bbc
now
>>
>>55853376
Being able to walk around during battle in PLA was super sovlful. It isn’t an important feature, but it is a level of polish that Pokemon games ought to have
>>
>>55852820
Say what you want but the game is overall still better than SwSh can't lie. But that's not saying much. I'm just so glad Gen 8 is over with. Crazy how we got 2 of the worst mainline games in that gen along with 1 of the best mainline games with PLA
>>
>>55853374
Buddy, this is a nearly 30 year old series. Other turn based RPGs with a fraction of the budget solved the issue of multiple stats being buffed/debuffed in a single turn years ago.
>>
>>55854276
The whole point of it was to show the formal rules of competitive battling hadn't been codified and widely accepted. Just like the whole point of the limited movelist was to highlight diversity of moves came about at a time after competitive battling was more widely practiced (like how Ash's pokémon suddenly learn new moves by adapting existing or outright replacing older ones). As the need for stronger moves to end battles sooner or deal greater damage grew, so did the evolution of moves - Earthquake adapted from Earth Power for example. Now it's fixed, because the formal rules of a battle denotes an area the trainer must stand in, as well as a set distance between both parties/teams (the great leap back the PC takes in SV to start the battle while the camera stays focused on the pokémon).
>>
>>55853374
>muh immersion
Ah yes, so I can see the ugly as fuck world and the old fat ugly as fuck tranny trainers. absolutely brain dead retard.
>>
>>55854285
PLA solved that issue in 2022 too lol
>>
>>55854285
Dude, other RPG's need to rely on repeat business to continue, Pokémon has targeted 7 year olds since it first released in '96. Meaning every game and Gen, it's a fresh set of 7 year olds that's their prime focus. They keep this shit around, because odds-are the player is a kid and not a 28 yo fat sweaty nerd thus needs to understand everything shown to them in-game.
>>
PLEASE STOP MAKING FUN OF MY FAVORITE GAME DEVELOPMENT COMPANY
>>
It's more "accept you're simping for a kiddyshit series that doesn't even give a fuck you exist aty this stage, after they cast you aside after wringing your parents dry with their bullshit when you were a kid". But why not project your childish mentality to others, because it's all you comprehend.
>>
>>55852820
>bite animation has Floragato scratching
you troons defend and play this shit?
>>
>>55854285
Pokemon Stadium 2 also solved that issue back in 2000. What excuse does SV and the other Switch games have?
>>
mentally ill tranny manchild hands typed these posts:
>>55853187
>>55854256
>>
File: 16550 - SoyBooru.png (370 KB, 2000x2000)
370 KB
370 KB PNG
>>55855197
shut up white boi
>>
these open worlds look stupid as fuck with like 20 wild animals meandering around right next to each other like that. It would be more believable if there were just large patches of tall grass for pokemon to hide in.
>>
>>55855599
yeah I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but that bothers me too. I know there's no going back to random encounters, but having Pokemon just mill about the overworld is so goofy. I just don't really think the sandbox world works for Pokemon. the world should be designed with the Pokemon in mind and have unique interactions between Pokemon and the environment. but that would require gamefreak to do real work instead of just spamming assets in a unity sandbox
>>
>>55852871
>>55853374
none of the "improvements" matter if they're going to take away the option to disable animations. Better fix that shit next time.
>>
>>55856927
>disable animations
Anyone who does this is terminally autistic and shouldn't be allowed free speech.
>>
>>55854276
>Can start running off while the battle is wrapping up
That was such a great small addition, I can only hope they continue to include this
>>
needs a bump
yep
>>
>>55853064
That's in the base game, you dont need the DLC nor Home subscription for it, plus the NSO subscription is like 5$ a year if you get a family plan with other 7 friends/family members
>>
>>55855599
>>55855737
I think the tall grass convention is stupid as well and translates poorly to open world 3d environments. I think the solution would be improving the current system by giving the wild Pokemon more things to do than just run around and by improving the quality of the animations in general. I think it's an execution failure, rather than concept
>>
>>55858535
>making up excuses for this shit
This is why your life keeps getting worse.
>>
>>55858535
still 60 bucks for that dogshit kekaroo
>>
>>55854312
and no one wants to sit twiddling their thumbs for slow battle text to scroll by so maybe masuda was right and kids these days only care about mobile games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.