[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What went so FUCKING right
>>
>>56063511
Soul
>>
>>56063511
Can I please have a good explanation on why people think this game was good? Besides the catching mechanics and volo fight which I agree were fun.
It's an empty world where the main plot is catching a Pikachu 5 times, watching Pikachu use thundershock 10 times, feed a Pikachu 20 times, what a Pikachu jerk off 3 times.

Like am I missing the fun?
>>
File: sa.jpg (109 KB, 850x1236)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
this
>>
>>56063519
In for explanation too
Dropped it after the rock scyther boss
>>
>>56063519
>catching a Pikachu 5 times, watching Pikachu use thundershock 10 times, feed a Pikachu 20 times, what a Pikachu jerk off 3 times.
this is pretty much exactly what makes it fun to me honestly. it's the first game in the series where catching Pokemon and filling the pokedex is actually fun to me because you have to engage with the Pokemon like this. it's fun to fill your party up with new Pokemon and go out completing their dex entries while also completing entries for wild pokemon at the same time. but I think you have to be the sort of person who gets satisfaction out of completing checklist tasks and grinding. I get the dopamine hit out of actually watching the entries fill out, all the little progress trackers, and figuring out the optimal way to fill them, it's not so much the tasks themselves that are fun but the process of completing them all. it's an autism game. sounds like it just isn't for you.
>>
Soundtrack
Mons
Chadnoh
Banger
>>
Only Pokemon game where I actually caught them all.
>>
>>56063519
Actually requiring to put effort to complete the pokedex gives it a unique experience
>>
>>56063511
>right
LMAO
>>
>>56064323
Compelling counter argument
>>
>>56063519
I liked how easy it was to train pokemon, when the update came out with the path for each pokemon, I started raising every pokemon to 100% it and it was actually a lot of fun. It has a sort of pokemon stadium-esque feel of being able to pick it up at any time and do something.
>>
File: IMG_3152.png (132 KB, 375x363)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>56063511
Zor
>>
File: 1694885240305361.webm (2.63 MB, 610x664)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB WEBM
>>56063511
akari
kinnoh
>>
File: Nako-ss.png (3.69 MB, 2000x3217)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB PNG
>>56064349
>Akari is based on Ainu fashion
Peak pokegirl
>>
>>56063511
Nothing, it's garbage.
>>
>>56063692
I hate grinding and repetitive tasks but PLA is one of my favourite Pokémon games. I think it's because exploring and interacting with the world is so intrisincally rewarding to me that I just want to do it, regardless of if there's a reward for it or not. That's how I also feel about the world design of Gens 1-5, and that's what made me like PLA. It feels like a real adventure
>>
>>56065152
>-5
damn you were so close to making a post without blatant genwar bait yet you couldn’t help yourself.
>>
>>56065200
It's not genwar bait it's my genuine opinion kek. I don't hate Gen 6, 8 and 9. 9s probably my favourite of all 3, excluding PLA of course
>>
>>56063527
My gf is build like this (a little bit less fat tho)
>>
>>56065200
Gen 5 were the last 2D games schizoid
>>
>>56065699
How is that remotely relevant to anything jn the thread?
>>
File: ironic.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>56065699
>>
>shaymin and darkrai are locked under paywall for two games
>DLC no longer in use despite being lackluster.
>>
>>56063519
>fresh take on the format that moves away from battles and more towards open exploration, which fans had wanted for a while
>fresh take on the story which moves away from a typical "you get badges and then go and beat an evil team" and instead is about you building up a village and researching things that builds on existing lore in a cool way
>long term grind content is generally comfy and appealing (dex completion and shiny hunting)
>gameplay changes appeal to people who want a fresh take on them without being completely seperate from the standard mechanics and ultimately simplify the core gameplay to only the stuff that matters for a casual playthrough meaning far less "why do I want this" moments from people who don't have a working knowledge of the main series' mechanics
Legends is as good a game as any other Pokemon game (that is to say, pretty good, there are few truly bad Pokemon games), but what makes it stand out is that it's a fresh spin on a typically formulaic franchise that also knew where to cut the fat to make the core experience better. Those factors resulted in a game that appealed to people who haven't played in years because it tries something new, and was a fresh new idea for dedicated fans too.

I wouldn't want mainline Pokemon to be Legends permanently, but I'm all for the occasional Legends style game as PLA was immensely fun and unique as a Pokemon experience.
>>
>>56063519
you boot it, go into wild, roll, catch, battle, gather materials, return to the village and buy more materials or craft more, this game is fun to do the same things over and over, controls are good, battles are dynamic, catching pokemon is dynamic, they get it right, but I agree there's not much to do

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.