[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Wait, why does it take more time to go to the 3rd gym of DP on the gen 8 engine than on the gen 4 engine? I thought the gen 4 engine was slow?
>>
>>56096938
Idk but gen 7 damn
>>
>>56096952
Yes that's why the OP is specifically about DP and BDSP which are the exact same game story wise
>>
>>56096952
>the time it will take you to get to this arbitrary point changes greatly depending on your playstyle, knowledge about the game and tools (Pokemon, moves) you use.
anon that's why experiments use a controlled variable. in this case you would have a single player play each game with the same Pokemon, presumably using speed run strats or something similar to maximize efficiency. I mean, I haven't looked at the data, but I really doubt they just pulled random data from disparate playthroughs.
>>
>>56096952
also it's not testing for an average play time that applies to all players, it's to compare the literal engine speed and length of dialog/cutscenes etc.
>>
>>56096938
All official pokemon games are unplayable without emulator speed-up.
>>
>>56097024
Are you seriously just making a assertion that the old games are faster because if you ignore all combat animation speed etc you can mash through text boxes faster than the new games will play the animations in between text boxes?
>>
>>56097909
Rent free.
>>
>>56097909
Please stop discussing off-topic characters.
>>
>>56096952
>waifufag lacks reading comprehension
everytime
>>
>>56096938
Any 3D engine is still slower than the slowest 2D engine because way more cuhrazy camera movements and animations need to happen.
>>
>>56098142
>esl logic
>>
>>56098146
>esl reply
>>
>>56096938
Why does Emerald take 10 minutes longer than RS? And I do not at all believe HGSS is anywhere close to original GS in speed
>>
>>56098713
>It added story events and stuff
Which ones?
>And yet...
...the data is wrong.
>>
>>56096938
According to this it happened with the 2 previous remakes too.
Probably the more elaborate cutscenes and battle animations(if used).
>>
>>56096944
In addition to the cutscene-fest the games are, you need to watch Hau do the potty dance to punctuate every sentence for the first 30 or so minutes.
>>
>>56098776
>it's by far the biggest 3rd version upgrade.
no this is still platinum
>>
>>56098882
you can have better base versions and still make more changes for the third versions
emerald mashed the stories of RS together, added a new area and event for team magma, made a bunch of small changes, and added a battle frontier.
platinum overhauled DP's story, changed the gym order, expanded the regional dex, added new characters and events, made a few small changes, and added a battle frontier.
>>
>>56098882
Platinum's problem is being a fucking slow gen. Battles take forever.
>>
>>56096952
>four archetypes
What about the people simply playing the game again? That should - idealistically - be the control group in this regard.
>has played the game before. Knows which way to go
>already has a team composition in mind
>will likely spend as little time overleveling
>not obsessed with speed runs
>>
>>56098983
Gens VI+ are bloated with story shit and cutscenes but that doesn't ruin the game. It just makes getting through the story a bit of a slog. Gen IV is fundamentally flawed in that the battles themselves take way too fucking long. You can't do anything about that and battling is the meat of Pokemon games. Gen IV is by far the slowest in the worst way.
>>
>>56099023
You're actually retarded. DP is slow as fuck at all times. I don't give a shit about how long it takes to reach a gym. That's story shit. Gen IV is permanently scarred by having extremely slow battles. Clearly I've offended you by pointing out a flaw in your favorite gen so I'm just going to accept your concession here.
>>
>>56099053
>retard lacks reading comprehension
Okay, allow me to spell this out for you as simply as I can because you're clearly a fucking moron.
Do you see this post? This post that I wrote and you replied to? This one here? >>56099009
Notice how when I mentioned the story shit I was referring specifically to Gens VI+. That's when the games started to become bloated with story shit. That's why their times are so much higher than previous gens.

That doesn't matter though. Story shit is something you get through once then spend the next hundred hours doing whatever the fuck it is you want to do. In terms of gameplay - the thing that actually matters - Gen IV is cancer. It's painfully slow. The worst part is you can never escape it. Even after you get through the story you're still stuck with the slowest battles in the series. That's why Gen IV is forever shit. It's slow in a way you can't avoid. You can never progress beyond the shit phase because it's all shit.

Was that simple enough for you? Concession remains accepted.
>>
>>56099009
>Gen IV is fundamentally flawed in that the battles themselves take way too fucking long. You can't do anything about that
I just turned animations off for non-major fights in my current Platinum run. It's fine then
>>
>>56099079
Animations do nothing to change the fact that health bars take a year to move in Gen IV. The battles are slow no matter what.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhmDmIt8AHY
>>
>>56099086
It still cuts down the time spent in battles a ton though.
>>
>>56099085
Okay so you're actually retarded. Thanks for confirming that. Gen IV is shit, I accept your concession.
>>
>the retard is still foaming at the mouth
Gen IV is shit. Concession remains accepted. You are dismissed.
>>
>>56097056
Yeah this is pretty accurate.
>>
>>56096938
Because Platinum changed Fantina's Gym from the 5th to the 3rd, you dumbass.
>>
>>56100515
BDSP is longer than DP which was the point
>>
>>56100536
The premise of the OP is retarded and everyone already explained it to him; BDSP doesn't let you mash through text boxes as fast since the characters animate more. It doesn't really matter though, because the actual gameplay in DP is painfully slow
>>
>>56100548
They pivot to to talk to each other instead of instant turning to the correct direction (since there's just 4 in the original games), they time of them walking to each other is also longer. I'm not gonna make some autistic comparison webm for you tard
>>
>>56100576
>DP's engine was never slow
>>56099086
You are wrong. DP is slow as fuck.
>>
>>56100586
>retard being retarded
Yes, the whole game is slow because of this retarded decision. HP isn't reduced/added based on a percentage like every other gen. It's at a fixed rate of HP/s. The effects of this are felt as early as levels 20-30 and it only gets significantly worse the more you level.

This is a colossal fuckup for an RPG where you've got teams of up to 6vs6 and you're smacking each other in one on one matchups. Stop being a fucking moron.
>>
>>56100604
And Gen 4 is the slowest by far. Your attempt at a gotcha has failed.
>>
>>56100625
No amount of struggling is going to change reality. Gen 4 is notorious for how slow it is.
>>
>>56100642
Thank you for conceding. I accept.
>>
>>56100664
Anon you've already conceded. No need to drag this out.
>>
>>56100625
>video admits Platinum is slow
>video notes DP is worse
So we agree DP is slower because of this, got it.
>>
1 minute = 1 content
>>
>>56097056
I genuinely feel pity and disgust for people who play JRPGs without a speed-up hotkey ready at all times.
>>
>>56100689
The video commentary is wrong, DP and Platinum have the same HP bar speed.
What matters is the data.
>Janny deleting the only non retarded posts ITT
Sasuga /vp/
>>
>>56097056
You have no attention span.
>>
>>56096938
Gen 7 and 8's engines are notoriously slow, they just don't get as much flack because there isn't much else going on in the games anyway.
In other words, Gen 8's slowness is a "feature" while DP's is a bug.
>>
>>56102277
Literally no gen 6+ game is slow
>>
>>56102325
This, BDSP is slower than DP but DP wasn't slow in the first place
>>
>>56102349
No it isn’t. BDSP doesn’t have
>saving a lot of data…
And doesn’t have the infamous 20 second long HP bar drain
>>
>>56102399
And yet >>56096938
>>
>>56102404
Bro your posts were deleted for a reason and everyone already explained it to you
>>
>>56102422
Where? Not a single valid point has been made for gen 4 being slow ITT and anyone with a brain can see that
>>
>>56102424
Characters in 3d games spend time pivoting to talk to each other and walking between text boxes meaning the story takes longer to play out if you’re just mashing through it
>>
>>56102431
>>56100576
>>
File: 1672842171069220.png (9 KB, 454x288)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
What's with all the deleted posts?
>>
>>56096938
>Wait, why does it take more time to go to the 3rd gym of DP on the gen 8 engine than on the gen 4 engine?
Doesn't your pic show it takes about tge same time?
>>
>>56102489
You're right, but BDSP is a bit slower in that particular instance. But yeah it's pretty much the same time.
So same engine speed.
>>
>>56102207
If your cartridges aren't selling, try lowering the price.
>>
>>56099072
>the story shit I was referring specifically to Gens VI+. That's when the games started to become bloated with story shit.
Unovafags lmao
>>
>>56102524
I'd normally say the cost of games are to high to do that, but GameFreak could probably sell games for 5 dollars and make a profit

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.