[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: contest.png (4 KB, 240x160)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
Here's a new feature that nobody likes or cares about. We will put it in every city in the game. We will also bring it to the next generation.
>>
>>56098901
I like contests and doesn’t Emerald swap some with Battle Tents?
>We will also bring it to the next generation.
and that’s a good thing
>>
>>56098907
>I like contests
Holy tranny. YNBAW, also 41%.
>>
File: 1705191693157332.png (114 KB, 299x224)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>OP stood up and clapped when contests got replaced by this
>>
>>56098907
>and that's a good thing
Gen 4 contests were trash though. And yeah Emerald has the Battle Tent in Verdanturf, Fallarbor, and Slateport.

>>56098921
Tell me you're a faggot with no friends without telling me you're a faggot with no friends. Gen 3 contests were peak kino.
>>
>pokemon are friends and partners in life! we don't just use them for battling
>except the games just let you experience the world of pokemon by battling oops

contests are a great area for lesser known/battle focused pokemon to shine, and it's a shame it's not focused on more. middle evo's, shitmon, etc would thrive
>>
>>56098942
>Gen 4 contests were trash though.
contests were always trash
>>
File: 0344Claydol.png (203 KB, 516x516)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>56098901
Lol just use a Claydol
>>
>>56098946
>contests are a great area for lesser known/battle focused pokemon to shine, and it's a shame it's not focused on more. middle evo's, shitmon, etc would thrive
Imagine Pokémon having Base Stats for Pokémon Contests.

If only there was a Pokémon Contest focussed side series in which Pokémon Contests are as in-depth as Pokémon Battles. A contest metagame sounds fun.
>>
Feels like a concept the anime staff came up with to give the girls something to do, and Game Freak decided to put it in the game too
>>
>>56098901
>We will put it in every city in the game
They were supposed to be the equivalent of gyms and so they appeared in towns/cities that didn't have a gym

By Emerald they realised this was unnecessary and replaced most of them with Battle facilities, although I feel it was a mistake to not have Contests available before Lilycove
>>
They shouldve had an elite 4 contest as a secondary optional endgoal to get while becoming a pokemon champion
>>
Is there any reward that isn't a ribbon or aesthesic related for doing contests/musicals? I know ORAS gives you cosplay Pikachu after the first contest and you need to beat Lisia for Lucarionite.
>>
>>56099255
RSE had unlimited Luxury Balls for winning Master Rank with a Pokemon that already has the ribbon.
>>
>>56098907
emerald replaced all of then with battle tents except the one in lilycove and shoved all the contests in that building
>>
>>56098901
It was aimed at girls. We liked it. It was cute.
>>
I wish people would stop saying contests are for girls. I blame gen 4 and the anime.
>>
>>56098946
It's an RPG
Battling and exploring is the point
>>
>>56098942
You are [ ]-ly confused
>>
>>56101915
>esl logic
>>
Why are contest haters always obsessed with trannies?
>>
>>56098932
i love when gameplay is replaced by cutscenes
>>
>>56098932
>knight oshowatt, king zoroark, princess angel victini
soul
>>
>>56101915
That's fine. Contests don't need to be too big of a deal in the main games. But what that anon said is right.

Pokémon are used for more than just Pokémon Battles and Pokémon Contests are a good example of that. Which is one good reason why to have more for us to do with our Pokémon in the main games besides battles. That can still be the case while still having battles be the main thing. It would be good to get more side games not focussed on battles and instead on other stuff for us to do with our Pokémon.
>>
>>56098901
They literally said it was a way for Pokémon that aren't good at battling to have something they can do well. If nothing else it was a fun side mode.
>>
File: Delcatto.png (77 KB, 250x188)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>56098901
Ahem

Let's see your Master Ribbons and paintings
Some pokemon were designed to dominate contests, like Delcatty.
Not all pokemon should be battle-focused
>>
>>56100807
>girls
Japan has a huge pet contest scene. It was aimed at that crowd.
>>
>>56098921
get a load of this retard
>>
>>56098901
Ribbonlet detected, St Peter will never let you in at the pearly gates of the Resort Area Ribbon Syndicate. I bet you couldn't even afford the Gorgeous Royal Ribbon for your favourite mons. Have fun getting bullied out of the pokemon center with your mere effort ribbon and regional champion ribbons.
>>
>>56101915
I thought the point of a RPG was the RP.
>>
>>56098901
lmao dis nigga doesn't even have an art exhibit
>>
>>56103003
This is why I miss it... Mightyena sucks ass in battle bro I just wanna use it in other things...
>>
>>56104190
That's not how JRPGs work, despite the name.
>>
>pokemon fans are now complaining that features are being kept across generations
>>
>>56098901
contests were missed potential. I like that they give you a reason to use pokemon that aren't necessarily great for battling. they just needed slightly deeper mechanics and better rewards. it could have been fleshed out to be an alternative path to the gym quest.
>>
>>56105498
The idea of making it an alternate path is a good one. Gen 9 sort of has multiple paths but not really.
>>
>>56098921
>tranny tranny tranny tranny
And retards still will tell 4chan isn't mindbroken
>>
>>56099050
How would smogon ruin contests?
>>
contests are trans-coded gameplay
>>
>>56106793
gen 9 has multiple paths, but you're required to do all of them so there are no alternatives
>>
File: 8ff.jpg (55 KB, 680x544)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>56098901
Weak bait, you should complain about too much water while you're at it
>>
>>56100807
Only the dress up shit in gen 4. Gen 3 contests are high T
>>
>>56107211
Exactly.

I think it would be good to be able to choose to go through a game doing the usual Gym challenge or Pokémon Contests or so on. But I don't think they want to do that since that would mean they are putting in more work for people to experience less of what they made. Which is why I'm guessing they ultimately make you do all the paths in gen 9.
>>
>>56106839
Depends on what kind of contests you mean. If you mean with contests as they are now then one thing is for sure. Smeargle is getting banned.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.