[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: gaia.png (374 KB, 518x518)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
Are you better off playing rom hacks compared to modern pokemon?
>>
*compared to any Pokemon
Even if you don't like difficulty hacks or fanmade regions, hacks with smaller tweaks like bug fixes, decapitalisation or trade evolution removal make vanilla obsolete.
>>
>>56099327
Probably
Even if there's shitty cringe plot you can just hold down the turbo button and mash through anything you don't want to read. Can't do that with Lillie.
>>
>>56099327
The truth is that most rom hacks don’t try to be a legitimate competitor to real pokemon bc theyre all either:
>difficultyhack slop for YouTubers to make videos on
>Edgy and retarded
>not finished
Or they do succeed in substituting with Pokemon but end up being just as bland but people don’t notice bc it uses nostalgic sprites, see op pic.
>>
>>56099327
>hms
>random encounters
>even shittier difficulty
>even shittier graphics
>no PvP
no
>>
>>56099327
>hms
>random encounters
>no PVP
yes
>>
>>56099327
yes
>>56099343
>vanilla obsolete
wrong
>>
>>56099474
based
>>
>>56099482
>no argument
lol
>>
>>56099327
Bugfix hacks, sure. Anything more than that is just full of self-insert trannyshit, I gave up on them.
>>
>>56099720
>self-insert trannyshit

Which ones have that?
>>
>>56099720
Sometimes they'll also brownwash the NPCs, like Crystal Clear
>>
>>56099759
W for Shockslayer diversity king.
>>
>>56099372
What's your ball rank yawn?
>>
>>56099759
johto was already brown doebeit
>>
>>56099343
this, there's no reason to play the vanilla games at all anymore. even just minor QoL patches are a big improvement that you're gimping yourself without using. you wouldn't play morrowind in 2024 without downloading at least a couple of mods. but for some reason to play Pokemon people force themselves to play legit on the cart or they feel some sense of shame? I don't get that
>>
>>56099759
who cares its just videogames
>>
>>56099361
so you don't want difficulty hacks and you don't want vanilla-like hacks, then what do you want? if it strays too far from what Pokemon is, at some point they may as well just be making their own original fangame and not have to worry about the drawbacks of making a fangame. I don't really like difficulty/expansion hacks either, but I understand why they're popular. they offer a new experience while still being Pokemon at its core, and they're reasonably simple to make.
I would guess that you want every romhack to be like Unbound, but the reality is that's just going to happen. that level of polish and amount of mechanics is a fuck ton of work and requires a team of people to make an unprofitable product on their own free time. it's very difficult to achieve, that's just the nature of it.
>>
>>56099829
t. jamal rodriguez
>>
>>56099720
>>56099740
Still waiting
>>
>>56099949
im not some redditor i just think shitting your pants over usually easy to overlook trite is childish and dumb
>>
>>56099327
I play both (except SWSH and LGPE). Can't look at vanilla games the same after playing my first romhack desu.
>>
I thought uranium was good
>>
>>56099327
Yes, there's genuinely no reason to play modern pokemon games.
>>
>>56099805
They're cultists whose religion is pokemon, of course they feel shame if they don't subject themselves to the vanilla experience.
>>
>>56099327
No, there’s genuinely no reason to play ROM hacks.
>>
>>56099327
Yes
>>
>>56099327
The target audience of official pokemon is basically 6-year-old kids. I don't know much about rom hacks, and I'm sure it varies per rom hack, but I imagine they're generally geared more toward adults.
>>
File: UmxHNyY.jpg (350 KB, 2059x1697)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>56099720
I see the tranny stuff in fangames but not often (or at all yet) in romhacks. I think it's due to there being more clout that comes from making a fan game over a romhack. Romhacks are usually just obscure passion projects where you get nothing back in return except a D&C so it's an awful thing to pursue for attention starved trannys.
>>
>>56102612
>Romhacks are usually just obscure passion projects where you get nothing back in return except a D&C
what do you get from making a fangame?
>>
bump for gigas
>>
Only if you're autistic.
>>
>>56103138
>get to make your own website with less chance of a D&C
>can just replace the pokemon with fakemon if you do get the D&C or just rebrand it as an indie game

Romhacks you get little to no attention and are just doing it for the pure love of it.
>>
>>56104468
basado

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.