[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download (6) (16).jpg (12 KB, 299x168)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
Well aside from Mewtwo anyway.
Sceptile took like 30+ attempts with me trying multiple Pokémon like Annihilape, Clefable, Skeledirge, Sylveon, Azumarill and Corviknight.

After getting critted to death, I considered using Cloyster with Shell Armor, but didn't quite have enough damage.
>>
it's hard but it's also really easy to stop,Clear Smog or Skill Swap + Contrary pretty much gives you a 90% chance to win
>>
>>56099502
Clefable @ Metronome
Tera: Fairy
252 Defenss/Special Attack. 4 HP
Moves: Draining Kiss (PP max) Calm Mind, Protect, Reflect
Clefable works if you use the following moves
T1-3: Draining Kiss
T4: Tera Reflect
T5: Protect after stat reset
T6-8: Calm Mind
T9+: Draining Kiss
Should work barring Sceptile critting you
>>
>>56099687
That's the thing, it won't stop critting
>>
The hardest I found were Fairy Delphox and Flying Decidueye, needed to get a hellfrog partner to go with my hellfrog for Delphox and randos to beat Decidueye after a LOT of cunting around trying to do it solo and several online attempts with randos.
This one was easy, but I used OG Magearna solo strat. I've found you CAN solo with the plebmons, but they always work out best when you use the more unique or rare 'mons instead of the com 'mons.
>>
>>56099502
>Clefairy has a piddling 73 defense base stat
Of course it dies if you tried to tank serious physical hits with it
Anyway use taunt to stop it from boosting it's own stats. Annihilape does a good job at this

Personally I just wait a day or two for the content creators to milk this raid and steal their strategy instead. It took 4 videos in two days for this guy to figure out that Annihilape was the most optimal solo strategy for this fight
God bless these losers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VelXi2hSgQw
>>
>>56100062
I already tried Taunt with Annihilape. It sucks when Annihilape can't use Taunt a second time because the barrier goes up.
>>
I used an oblivious clefable with shell bell and draining kiss. Took 3 attempts.
>>
>>56100069
>Taunting at turn one
whoops that guy made a mistake. You should never taunt turn one because the mon won't start buffing itself right away
You need to taunt at the turn right before the shield goes up, which is like turn 4 or something. That should give you enough time to break the shield and apply taunt again
>So it should be like: Bulk up -> Rage fist x 2 -> Taunt
Then proceed to bulk up and tera and kill after all that jazz. Apply taunt once more once the shield is broken
>>
>>56099749
It works reliably enough. I only struggled once because it critted two times in a row.
>>
Anyone still around to carry? I'm trying to keep teams alive with Umbreon, but they keep dying so fast. Even with light screen and properly applied taunts.
>>
>>56100362
The only special move it ever uses is Leaf Storm and that is only used once before anyone can attack, why are you bothering with Light Screen support?
>>
>>56100428
I meant Reflect.
>>
>>56100183
Your strat doesn’t work. You have to taunt turn 1.
>>
>>56100062
T1: Taunt
T2: Bulk Up
T3: Rage Fist
T4: Focus Energy
T5: Taunt
T6: Bulk Up
T7-9: Rage Fist
t10+: Tera Rage Fist
>>
Umbreon anon here, I'm going to cave and finally make an Annihilape build and try this. >>56100693
>>
>>56100705
Update, >>56100693 worked first try.
Really helped that my com partners were Tauros, Drifblim and Arboliva too.
>>
>>56100753
Yeah you want an Intimidate user or Sylveon to help you out.
>>
>>56100770
Drifblim also burned Sceptile and did chip damage with Aftermath.
And Arbolive's grass terrain, while boosting Sceptile grass attacks, get immediately cancelled out by the passive healing.
>>
>>56100808
I don’t like the idea of Arboliva because then Sceptile is more likely to use Leaf Blade over Breaking Swipe.
My preferred partners are Drifblim, an Intimidate user, and Sylveon.
Also if you somehow roll Haxorus, Sylveon, and Gardevoir reset the raid as you won’t be able to Taunt before the shield goes up.
>>
>>56101081
If you use bulk up, the boost in damage Sceptile gets for Leaf Blade is negligible and you get extra healing outside of the shell bell too.
>>
>>56099502
rape ape rapes
>>
>>56099626
I built a Skill Swap Contrary Malamar just to test it out against this guy, ended up carrying a full team of Dragon-using retards just barely. They kept dying despite all his status drops, even after I put up Reflect. Just slapped Nasty Plot and Stored Power on it as well and ran Shell Bell.
>>
Magearna is really good for this. She can set up Reflect, is bulky enough and her ability boosts her Draining Kiss to an absurd level. Use Fleur Cannon if you are +3
>>
>>56099749
skill issue
>>
>>56099502
Skill issue, my Monke took out 99% of it's HP before the shields went up thanks to my team of randos setting up without any communication.
>>
>>56101769
Didn't need it, Draining Kiss+Metronome did the job. Did also have an intimidator and arboliva but avoided getting pinged with crits when it did use LB.
>>
>>56101081
>Sylveon
Gardevoir is better because it can provide you life dews

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.