[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Referring to anyone who isn't a competive player as a casual is retarded when Pokémon Showdown is the most casual way you can play Pokémon with a friend.
>>
I don't have a problem with casuals

I have a problem with casuals who pretend they know what they're talking about by staring at fanfic tier lists while making utterly retarded claims like "psychic and ice are bad types"
>>
>>56102947
I don't have a problem with competitive players. I have a problem with competitive players actively rooting for the games to get worse so hardcore players will have nothing to do but competive and enforcing a competitive/casual binary in a genre it doesn't apply.

The casual/Competitive binary makes sense for fighting games and TCGs when the versus mode is pretty much the end all be all if not the entire game. Applying that logic to a game like Pokémon with needlessly complex single side content is fundamentally misguided.
>>
>>56103035
>muh binary
Lmao stfu sagetroon
>>
Casual is about method, not genre. You can be a casual fan of a TV show for example, which isn't a competitive activity.
>>
>>56102943
Nice headcanon
>>
>>56103261
So because of troons I can't use a word properly? Faggot ass logic
Replace the word with "categorization model" or whatever the fuck you arbitrarily decide is okay. The point is competive play isn't the what the game is all about like with Street Fighter or Magic so importing their classification system is fucking retarded.
>>
>>56103308
Timmy plays card games even if his goal is to do cool things instead of win consistently.
>>
>>56103271
Competive Pokémon is only a small slice of what Pokémon is. Getting a gen 3 national dex is less casual than 1500 ELO showdown match.
>>56103280
> implying appying fighting game lingo isn't headcanoning the children's RPG as a super serious esport.

Reminder very skilled VGC players are too casual to use their genning software
>>
>>56103322
So he's a casual player because card games are inately competitive.
>>
>>56103333
And Pokémon is a game built around battles. Therefore Pokémon is inherently competitive.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.