[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1662346234.jpg (48 KB, 516x595)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
I've been playing Pokemon for over 20 years but I don't recall ever going thru all of the generations on a marathon style replay. I have since been slowly chipping away at red version the last few weeks and beat the elite four and caught mewtwo (I am not bothering to catch every pokemon, just beating the main story/objectives).
I am 4 badges in to crystal and I am planning for my playthru for gen 3.
Do you guys prefer RSE over ORAS or vice versa? I'd likely choose either emerald or OR.
I did red version on an emulator but decided to do crystal on my DS via virtual console because I thought it would be cool to transfer my teams and special unique pokemon I will gather over each gen to pokemon home.
So with that said, what is better for a gen 3 playthru? What are the pros and cons they have over each other?
>>
>I am not bothering to catch every pokemon
MODS
>>
>>56104774
Emerald>ORAS>RS
>>
>>56104774
I forgot to mention that I likely would have played HGSS over crystal since I remember og gen 2 more than gen 4's remakes but I never actually played crystal version before, only silver, so I opted for the crystal run
>>
>>56104777
this
though I’d argue ORAS is slightly better if you don’t plan on playing postgame facilities. The bottom screen minimap makes the last 1/3 of the game way less annoying.
>>
>>56104774
Anyone who plays marathon-style should neck themselves. These are the kind of people who mash the A button, made up their own retarded headcanons and then shitposts in /vp/
>>
>>56104791
Even without the BF Emerald is better.
>>
>>56104796
when I say marathon I am not rushing thru to beat it as fast as I can. I still read every text and conversation and soak in the game. I just want to play them in order consecutively

>>56104791
>>56104777
so this is mainly because of emerald's battle tower post game?
>>
>>56104799
I used to think this until I actually replayed Emerald.
>>
>>56104807
I replayed Emerald and still actually think this.
>>
>>56104809
Congrats on being retarded.
>>
>>56104807
as someone who loves gen 3 a lot, what are your honest opinions on why it isn't better than ORAS? I am leaning towards emerald but am open to the remakes
>>
>>56104813
Didn’t need to include me while you pat yourself on the back for your mental illness but congrats.
>>
>>56104813
oras is shit
>>
>>56104804
Oras follows ruby and sapphire, so it mostly kept the ruby and sapphire gym teams. Emerald has better ones. Emerald also has you fighting both team magma and team aqua instead of one or the other like ruby and sapphire and oras. Team magma has its own base for example instead of just pallet swapping with aqua.
>>
>>56104804
No ORAS is just worse than Emerald in every way besides the multiplayer (which you’re not doing now).
>>
>>56104814
Lack of QoL. Also Mauville City has less content, i.e. the inverse battles and restaurant battles don’t exist.

Emerald has two dungeons that are better (Sky Pillar and New Mauville) and the battle facilities are better. That’s basically it. And even the battle facilities are somewhat ruined by how bad the QoL is.

>>56104825
So is Emerald, in many ways.
>>
File: 1423432.png (117 KB, 400x480)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>56104827
>>56104831
do you think missing out on all the legends and the flying mechanic of ORAS will be missed? Also I forget, can you catch both Kyogre and Groudon in emerald?
>>
>>56104776
literally impossible to do legitimately since red and green
>>
>>56104839
Only thing you’ll miss is the soaring legend which is fine but nothing to warrant picking up a game for. Yes you can get both of them in Emerald.
>>
>>56104774
play emerald, and if you want the QoL improvements just play an enhancement hack. there's a ton of them, even dexnav has been ported to emerald now which is one of the best features in oras. emerd just has more charming visuals and music imo and since you can hack it with modern mechanics if you want there's not much point to playing oras. it's not that oras is bad, they are solid games. but it's mostly because the games they're based on are so good. none of its original stuff or big changes are really anything special
>>
>>56104902
wow the first in-depth and informative answer in this thread
>>
>>56104902
>play emerald, and if you want the QoL improvements just play an enhancement hack
Or you can just play ORAS.
>>
>>56104910
Iike I said, I much prefer the visuals and music in emerald, among a few other things. so a QoL hack is the best of both worlds. of course, that's my personal preference, but I'm just offering up my opinion.
>>
>>56104902
>play emerald
This
>>
>>56104910
>play ORAS
This
>>
>>56104774
Are you looking to only complete the mandatory story and move on after you reach the credits or any post-game story quests while getting as much story as possible? Omega Ruby.
Do you want something more complete, combining the split versions for the main story, and are willing to check out all gameplay content, even briefly? Emerald.
Sticking to chronological order? Emerald.
Do you want to have less of a headache when catching legendaries or transferring Pokémon? Omega Ruby.
Would you rather give up Deoxys or Kyogre?
>>
>>56104774
i'd say it's up to how recently you previously played Emerald. if it's been a long time, go play it for continuity and a nostalgia hit. if you played it recently, go with ORAS.
>>
>>56104774
>Do you guys prefer RSE over ORAS or vice versa? I'd likely choose either emerald or OR.
I never played ORAS and don't want to. I say Emerald. But I am a hoennbaby.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.