[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: smogon.png (14 KB, 212x238)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
If you suddenly became the supreme and only authority on controlling everything related to Smogon, what changes would you implement?
>>
>>56104909
Make the only formats Gen 3 & VGC.
>>
Unban every unrestricted Pokemon from Ubers and let everything else drop to lower tiers
Unban sleep, evasion, and trapping mechanics
Ditch 6v6 and use 3v3 instead
>>
>>56104913
Trapping is banned now? When the fuck?
Anyway, I would like to focus on both 6v6 and 3v3 singles, let the players choose which format is more enjoyable organically. And I agree with bringing back sleep and even evasion, but I would still ban specifically the move Double Team because of its retarded availability. Let evasion become a playstyle unique to Minimize or Sand Veil/Snow Cloak users.
>>
>>56104909
Use points system to build teams.
Its very stupid I can't use 1 OU in my team of weaker mons if they make good combo.
>>
>>56104909
Shut down the entire game
>>
>>56104909
ban hazards
ban recovery moves
ban protect
>>
are there gonna be tier changes today?
>>
>>56104909
Smogon is not for me. I'd rather just make my own organization and rulesets.

Smogon was intended to cater to emotionally immature autistic boys who want to remove everything that annoys them about Pokemon but couched in pseudointellectual pretenses that present their intentions and perspective in the positive light.

I've come to realize there's no point taking that away because there's no saving that kind of player from being how they are.
>>
>>56105365
That'd be its own meta.
>>
>>56105426
Sound fun. If it allows something like one Uber per team it adds more variety without degenerating into legendary spam
>>
>>56104909
Unban sogeking and expose all pedos to the masses
>>
>>56105434
>If it allows something like one Uber per team
That's Regulation G, which is succeeding
>>
>>56105510
Never tried it, good to know
>>
Delete Charizard.
>>
File: lgiachdk.jpg (48 KB, 630x963)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
no more rules
>>
>>56104909
change gen 1 ou to be 6 revealed mons but you pick 3 for battle
wouldn't change anything else because i only give a fuck about gen 1
>>
>>56104909
Disband smogon
>>
Dox all the pedos they've hidden and buried under the rug. Remove all petmods. Remove all councils.
>>
>>56104909
Add a CO "Charizard only" format
>>
>>56104909
Add the item clause. It would greatly reduce power creep by preventing multiple Leftovers and LO on one team.
>>
>>56105424
>Smogon was intended to cater to emotionally immature autistic boys who want to remove everything that annoys them about Pokemon but couched in pseudointellectual pretenses that present their intentions and perspective in the positive light.
If this were true AG wouldn't exist retardbro
>>
>>56105355
If they don't ban trapping stall becomes too powerful and sub 1200 ELO shitters cry about it.
>>
>>56106436
Trapping also works against stall you know.
>>
>>56106496
The reason trapping has been banned is almost always because it makes stall too good hence why when trapping is allowed dugtrio becomes a staple on stall teams.
>>
>>56106512
Haven't read why but I can trust you on that.
>>
>>56106407
AG isn't even a real tier, more like Uber banlist but without actually giving a fuck and just making it play like cart.
>>
>>56104909
bring back the original logo
>>
>>56106808
Damn. Remember when internet was fun?
>>
Ban Zama.
Ban Darkrai.
Ban wellspring.
Ban Kyurem.

Make a test ladder with no tera to see what the game would be like.
>>
>>56105365
that's essentially the draft format anon, but one that doesn't limit pokemon based off of who got it first would be neat
>>
File: gigatrainer.jpg (4 KB, 207x243)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>56104909
randbats and natdex ladders for triples, rotations, inverses, sky battles, and battle royals
fanfic metagame carefully engineered so that my favorites are the most powerful
>>
>>56104909
Nothing, it's irrelevant anyways. Right VGCsisters?
>>
>>56104909
All
>ban ALL switch moves (u-turn, volt switch, baton pass, etc)
DPP OU
>ban outrage and draco meteor
>Latios and Salamence are unbanned
>ban stealth rock
BW OU
>ban drizzle and drought
>ban outrage and draco meteor
>ban magic guard
>Tornadus-T can come off the banlist with hurricane nerfed
>Reuniclus stays
>stealth rock stays
>suspect Keldeo if specs is still too much to handle even without rain
SS
>keep dynamax banned
>ban heavy duty boots
SV *sigh*
>ban terastilization
>BAN TERASTILIZATION
>Espathra, Regieleki, Urshifu-R, Ogerpon Hearthflame, and Volcarona are all unbanned with tera gone
>ban heavy duty boots
>ban Zamazenta-H
>ban Kyurem
>Kingambit is healthy for the game without the tera guessing game
>Roaring Moon becomes roaring mid without CB tera dark crunch spam and tera flying acrobat
>suspect Darkrai
>suspect unban Chien-Pao without tera dark crunch spam
>with the obvious bullshit that should have been addressed half a year ago gone, we can finally suspect Gholdengo and get to the bottom of the gen 9 hazards issue

At the very least, ban tera. Tera was fun for a year, but it's time to finally take this broken gimmick out back and put it down. If you want to play with tera, then go play doubles where it's much easier to play around.
>>
>>56107364
Oh, and ban regenerator in all formats
>>
singles format is banned doubles format only for whatever 3v3 6v6 doubles etc.
>>
>>56104909
lynch finch.
>>
>>56106407
They literally started banning things from Anything Goes. Please look in the mirror before calling others retards.
>>
>>56106570
It's a lie, they only use stall trapping as a scapegoat to ban it.

Trapping is definitely banned in gen 4 because Dugtrio kills golden boys Jirachi Heatran and Tyranitar, among some others.
>>
>>56107364
>ban baton pass
stopped reading
>>
>>56107555
No, all switch moves must die. Dry passers get the rope.
>>
>>56104909
I would shut it down
>>
>>56107555
trips dont lie
>>
>>56104913
>unban sleep
>3v3
ur mad
>>
>>56109393
Of course they can. We call them wasted GETs for a reason.
>>
>>56104909
ban tera pls
>>
All pokemon are banned except Smeargle.
All moves are banned except for Metronome.
>>
>>56106338
This was my first thought. Item clause makes just as much sense as species/dex number clause and the fact that its not a thing is really dumb.
>>
>>56104909
I would make it worse to the point where pokenormies stop giving a shit about smogon
>>
>>56106808
>Nazi forum turned pedo den
Maxim Gorky proven right again.
>>
>>56109497
then use spinda instead of smeargle

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.