[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1693525710986660.png (481 KB, 721x402)
481 KB
481 KB PNG
what the fuck happened to pokemon
>>
gen 4 came along and turned a bunch of pokemon into ugly jobmons
>>
>>56104959
My gf has the strapon waiting for me in the bedroom.....
>>
>>56104963
>he wants more unemployed Pokémon
Miss me with that cringe shit.
>>
>>56104963
I hope they make that word an autoban
>>
>>56104959
What's the problem?
>>
I think sometimes people forget Pokemon has always been a Nintendo series and for the most part, their handheld line of that. Nintendo have not tried to compete performance wise since the Gamcube days. Game Freak has never really had hardware available to it to develop more complex and in-depth games. If they were to develop for other consoles and PC as well, i imagine they probably would have come a lot further as a series than they have.

But they sell 20 million games with minimal effort, probably millions buying Pokemon home and getting royalties from Niantic. Pokemon just prints money for nothing and why would you change that? honestly. We're probably very lucky to have the Legends series now where Pokemon put in at least half an effort.
>>
>>56105065
pretty much this. even in the handheld days, Pokemon games always lagged behind graphically relative to the hardware. it's just back then the gap wasn't as wide as it is now. the better hardware gets, the more you can see gamefreak's flaws. they were already struggling on the 3ds judging by the performance issues in those games, and then they had to make the leap to full scale HD console games. all they really have to do is hire new people or outsource part of the work to another studio, but the thing is...people keep buying it anyway. if there was any impact on the sales that they believed was because of the graphics, they would probay just hire some more experienced devs to help them. but why would they bother if it's gonna sell like hotcakes anyway? with Swsh, you could maybe write it off because people were excited for the first console Pokemon game and still willing to give gamefreak the benefit of the doubt while they transitioned onto console. but then SV looked like shit too and didn't show any improvement, and it STILL sold like hotcakes. so I doubt they will be motivated to change anytime soon. not until it starts affecting sales.
>>
File: IMG_3946.jpg (1.18 MB, 1125x1165)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>56105065
>We're probably very lucky to have the Legends series now where Pokemon put in at least half an effort
>>
>>56104963
Jobmons started with gen 1
>>
>>56105280
Did I say where Pokemon create absolute masterpieces? Or did I say puts in half an effort?
>>
>>56105280
>Top: shit game
>Bottom: good game
>>
>>56105314
Good day for fishing innit?
>>
>>56104959
America
>>
>>56104963
? Hitmonchan, Mr. Mime and Hypno were all Gen 1 though. And Mewtwo and Porygon are as literal a jobmon as it gets, made for an extremely specific job by mankind.
>>
What are you complaining about, retard? There are so many autists here that I can never tell if this is about:
>pokémon that have existed for 20 years
>;_; shota erotic
>tree meme
>suddendly having stantards for the graphics
>not having HYPER ULTRA FAST fps
>>
>>56105065
Meanwhile any other nintendo games manage to look at the very minimum fine on their respective consoles. Or every other studios working on pokemon spin offs without gamefreak influence. They could have worked with 3d since the ds, they had opportunities to make games for the ps4, pc, now the switch for more than 7 years. But we cant expect them to do their jobs as game devs, that would be too much to ask.
>>
>>56106040
Why is it always either looking like behind their time or ultra realistic graphics at 120fps. Cant even ask for the same shitty visuals running at least at 30 fps.
>>
>>56105065
>If they were to develop for other consoles and PC as well, i imagine they probably would have come a lot further as a series than they have.
You mean like Tembo the Badass Elephant or Little Town Hero? GameFreak is just a bad developer. They're lazy and are coasting on one good idea one autist had 40 years ago.
>>
>>56107562
that's besides the point anon. Gamefreak hasn't been developing full scale console games for decades like Nintendo proper has. they have been struggling ever since they transitioned to 3d on the 3ds, but PEOPLE KEEP BUYING IT ANYWAY. why on earth would they ever invest more into graphics if it's going to sell gangbusters regardless? that's what it ultimately comes down to. they have been making poorly performing and shitty looking games since XY over a decade ago. that's plenty of time for the consumers to react and vote with their wallets. and you know what people votes? they don't care, they'll buy it anyway. you get what you pay for.
>>
>>56104959
I don't get it
>>
>>56107639
>they have been struggling ever since they transitioned to 3d on the 3ds,
retard detected
>>
>>56104959
You keep buying it.
>>
File: infernape rage.png (157 KB, 445x604)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>56104963
>>56105304
>>56105752
>jobmon
I think the real problem with jobmons today that aren't as pronounced as Machamp and Mr. Mime is that they're less goofy and try to be taken more seriously, resulting in that offputting vibe. Like, Mr. Mime looking like A Human Man is part of the joke, and Machamp with its intimidating physique is still ridiculous with its beak like mouth and the fact that it walks around in what looks like underwear. I really only have a problem with jobmons when they are starters, because the more humanoid they become, the less comfortable I am with the idea of them being the Day 1 reliable animal buddy. Fucking Inteleon still gives me the creeps knowing that it comes from Sobble.
>>
>>56108692
>arent as pronounced with
fuck

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.