[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2410.jpg (186 KB, 682x739)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
Smogon tier changes for July
>>
>>56106363
Wasn't Serperior hyped up lately? I only have a passing knowledge of compfagging.
>>
>fanfic garbage
>>
>>56106363
>Moltres in OU
>Rhyperior in UU
why?
>>
Moltresbros we so won
>>
>>56106390
>sub 1200 ELO shitter and sub great ball rank compains about competitive
Why are Zoom Zooms like this?
>>
>>56106363
seeing Deo-D this low is unbelievably weird, no way this isn't current gen blindness in some way
anyway, it's gen9, so it's by definition irrelevant
>>
>Deoxys-Defense in NU
>Breloom in NU
>Raikou in PU
I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be surprised but I am anyways
>>
Something doesn't feel right seeing legendaries and mythicals in PU besides garbage like Phione
>>
>>56106414
>Breloom in NU
Because Sleep moves are now banned
>>
This is the garbage of the garbage, the trash of the trash, the unusable Sub Zero Use.
>The unofficial metagame of Subzero Used (SU), a tier below ZU, here are our shifts for this month using the same criteria as last month:
>Drops from ZU --> SU
>Abomasnow, Arboliva, Articuno, Basculin, Braviary, Carbink, Clawitzer, Combusken, Cramorant, Cryogonal, Dipplin, Dodrio, Eelektross, Exeggutor-Alola, Farigiraf, Floatzel, Gurdurr, Hitmonchan, Honchkrow, Houndoom, Komala, Lanturn, Lurantis, Magmortar, Magneton, Malamar, Medicham, Morpeko, Muk, Orthworm, Palossand, Passimian, Perrserker, Persian-Alola, Piloswine, Poliwrath, Porygon2, Quaxwell, Raichu-Alola, Rampardos, Rhydon, Rotom, Sableye, Samurott, Shaymin, Smeargle, Sneasel, Sneasel-Hisui, Spiritomb, Toedscruel, Toxicroak, Venomoth, Vikavolt, Weezing, Whiscash
>SUBL is also being freed, including the following:
>Bellossom, Crabominable, Lilligant, Oricorio-Pa'u, Pyroar, Raichu, Rotom-Frost, Tauros, Tauros-Paldea-Combat, Ursaring, Veluza, Wyrdeer, Zangoose
>>
>>56106768
>Rhydon
Honestly, who's surprised by this?
>>
>Raikou in PU
Not even scald can fill the hole that hidden power ice left on most mono electric types
>>
>>56106754
>Remove sleep from the funny spore man
>He immediately goes to the shitter

Haha.... it's just like if Breloom always sucked and was carried because Smogon allowed him to abuse a broken move....
>>
>>56106797
CB Breloom was good in gen 5
>>
>>56106797
>>Break Michael Phelps arms and legs
>>He immediately sinks
whoaa....
>>
What does solid suggester do in UU?
>>
>>56106401
Flame Body to counter Zamazenta, Kingambit, and Great Tusk.
>>
>>56106805
Stealth Rock + Dragon Tail or Swords Dance for wallbreaking by the look of his Smogon pages for SV, pretty boring. I don't see any Rock Polish Weakness Policy shenanigans there.
>>
The pool of pokemon is so large that you could probably take a team of RU and NU pokes and make it work in UU.
>>
>>56106877
>Stealth Rock + Dragon Tail
Why is this effective again? Every fucking pokemon in UU is a boots pivot
>>
>>56106412
Deo-D is shit man its just a worse version of something else for every set it can run
>>
>>56106902
You're supposed to do that with Knock Off support. Also, it's UU so somebody has to tank Lokix I suppose.
>>
Sneed
>>
>>56106363
>Make up a bunch of retarded rules
>Separate Pokemon into tiers based on said rules
>Adjust said tiers and focus them only on some 4 popular pokemon
>"It helps to create decentralized environment, guys!"
>Majority of the playerbase uses the same copy-pasted teams

Wow, yeah, that's clearly a fair, rational and DECENTRALIZED environment.
>>
>>56106412
Deoxys defence was comically shit even in the gen it came out in, let alone now with the obscene power creep. It just doesn’t do anything except set spikes and get set up on, it’s not even good in fucking random battles.
>>
>>56106812
so it’s only OU because volcarona got banned?
>>
>>56106373
Serperior gained a broken ability to abuse (Contrary) but it has worse coverage options than its competitor En*morus which can run a mixed set. Serperior is mostly forced into abusing Glare and Substitute alongside Leaf Storm (boosts SpAtk by +2 each time due to Contrary reversing stat changes) and either Tera Blast or Dragon Pulse. It does, however, have slightly better defensive stats.
>>
>>56107854
Enamorus did nothing wrong.
>>
>>56106363
>moltres cucked out of walling UU
this is bullshit
>>
>>56106363
Ribombee has finally fallen
>>
>>56106988
I mean, it is significantly more ""decentralized"" than any official slop format, but I guess that isn't saying much. Randbats is the only truly ""decentralized"" format.
>>
>>56106996
holy kek
>>
File: Weavile.png (185 KB, 516x516)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>56106363
Do you think he will ever fall to UU?
>>
>>56109153
As long as Chien Pao stays banned, most likely not
>>
>>56109153
>>he
nice

my thought exactly when it's a boy during a random encounter
>>
>Iron Treads still OU
Why is OU like this?
>>
>>56106996
Not him, but I experienced Deo-D getting banned twice and Deo-S even getting banned three times. It's crazy to even imagine a meta where either form is legal.
>>
>>56109153
He's just not needed in OU. Not even banning Darkrai would save him.
>>
What happened for my nigga Moltres to rise like this?
>>
>>56109588
Volcarona being banned meant OU no longer had a bulky Flame Body mon to keep the physical attackers in check, and other Flame Body-havers currently in OU much prefer using Flash Fire instead.
>>
>>56109588
Moltres barges into an OU tier of a random generation every couple of years. I've come to accept that Moltres is always viable.
>>
>elo shitters finally stopped forcing galarian weezing in UU
Nice, that's the equivalent of mega banette dropping
>>
>>56109618
It kinda is viable though,bold Moltres actually walls a lot of shit like Rilaboon or non head smash tusk,stops u turn spam and forces valiant to run shit tbolt and gambit and golden reddit to tera to deal with it
>>
>>56109339
ever since gen 8 gave mew spikes, deo-d is for all intents and purposes mew but bad. it's slower, weaker, and only marginally bulkier thanks to its awful lopsided stat distribution, to say nothing of the ridiculous movepool difference.
deo-d will never be relevant again.
>>
File: IMG_7210.jpg (49 KB, 566x557)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>56106768
>there needs to be a tier below fucking ZU
Competitive Pokémon was a mistake
>>
>>56110007
We're going to reach a point where Gen 1 levels of meta layer absurdity become mandatory for current gen at the rate this clown world shit is going.
>>
>>56109645
Can't Gholdengo 2HKO physically defensive Moltres with some prior damage? I wouldn't want to take repeated, unresisted shadow balls all day.

The make it rain and WoW switch-ins should be exceptional, but shadow ball would probably be spammed more after the team preview revealed boots Moltres.
>>
>>56106363
Raikousisters, our response?
>>
>>56110007
*raising the tier cut-off to 4,52% was a mistake
>>
>>56106363
What's Iron Crown doing up there? What set is being used? I tried it when it first came out but it felt lacking. Is it the Natdex wannabe AV set?
>>
Gen 9 was a mistake.
>>
>>56111495
For me, was 3.4% updated every three months.
>>
GF has an extra year to think about making sweeping rebalancing changes, because this shit is just untenable
>but Smogon is..
Veggie Sea is even fucking worse, my point still stands, in fact my point has even more validation.
>>
>>56111670
Fixing VGC is simple. Just dexcut the genies and Urshifu, and if that format is too much, add a banlist.
>>
>>56106390
Hey Verlisify
>>
>>56109153
that’s a woman (male)
>>
>>56111808
Xhe’s a shitmon
>>
>>56111670
The problem with VGC is that GameFreak keeps making Pokemon that bypass/mitigate
>Protect
>Intimidate
>Fake Out
>Burns
Flutter Mane is Ghost and a Special Attacker and also has STAB Dazzling Gleam to lessen the effect of Protect, and turns out it’s incredibly overpowered. Urshifu bypasses protect and intimidate and look how broken it is.
Gen 9 needs to nerf the shit out of Unseen Fist + Wicked Blow/Rapid Strikes as well as make Special versions of Intimidate and Burn too.
>>
>>56111968
Flutter Mane hasn't been a top mon since Regulation G started and has consistently struggled to reach Top 8s.
>>
>>56112019
>Flutter Mane hasn't been a top mon since Regulation G
It's one of the most used mons in the format.
>>
>>56112030
When laddering sure, but it's tournament results (aka what actually matters) show a marked usage decrease from previous seasons and, once again, it consistently struggles to make appearances in top cut. It's not suddenly bad, but it hasn't been "broken" in months
>>
>>56112019
It’s like Number 7 in Usage in the format where Calyrex-S exists.
>>
>>56106363
Is Prankster banned? How else is Whimsicott so low?
>>
>>56106988
>Make up a bunch of retarded rules
Subjective, bans can be retarded but clauses are a necessary evil to prevent people abusing funbro and Sand Veil Fissures to climb.
>Separate Pokemon into tiers based on said rules
Never mind, you're retarded.
>>
>>56106797
Retard
>>
>>56106797
Hi, Grim Darkwood. How's Thanatos doing?
>>
>>56107888
Being a Fairy type is enough wrong. Death to all Fairy types and those who use them.
>>
>>56107807
Ayup.
>>
>>56106996
Deoxys-D is only even acceptable now because Recover got nerfed to 8pp and Toxic was stolen from it. All the Deoxys forms took some hits in the move pool department.
>>
>>56112451
Dark types block Prankster and every team has at least one Dark type cause they're both good and offer a key resistance to Ghost
>>
>>56110007
Even if you lowered the usage rate cutoff to 3.5% like it was before Gen 8, you'd still need a tier below SZU to be on par with the power level of Gen 7 NU. That's how bad things have gotten.
>>
>>56109645
>tfw the SHITgambit using faggot wants to 50/50 me to death with his bullshit Sucker Punch mind games and I just switch in Moltres and watch him RQ after he gets burned by Flame Body
>>
>>56112045
Mega Flutter Mane is legal, that's why. Calyrex-S outclasses Flutter Mane in practically every regard, but it takes up a Restricted slot so they both cannibalize eachothers usage rates.

That doesn't mean they aren't broken.
>>
>>56112451
Tailwind is dogshit in singles. You get one turn of doubled speed, so Prankster + Tailwind isn't great. Its stats are also mediocre for something so passive, and it doesn't have reliable healing. The most it can do is serve as a wincon with a Leftovers SubSeed set.
>>
File: 1496376454560.png (128 KB, 249x230)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>56106363
I don't play gen 9 what changed to suddenly make regular moltres useable?
>>
File: file.png (965 KB, 774x720)
965 KB
965 KB PNG
>>56112495
>>56112706
>NOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T SAY THE TRUTH ABOUT MY FUNGERINO THE WHOLESOME EARLY GRASS-TYPE WE NEED TO PRETEND ITS WORTH SHIT BECAUSE SMOGON AVOIDED TOUCHING THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM FOR 20 YEARS

Hoennbabies, really?
>>
File: Ka7K9[1].png (66 KB, 928x712)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>56112949
Moltres is the best user of Flame Body. Physical sweepers are out of control, and Smogon doesn't want to go on a banning spree or ban Tera, so the only viable answer is to run bulky Moltres.

It helps that HDB exist to make Moltres incredibly hard to kill unless you knock off its boots, but that runs the risk of getting burned.
>>
>>56106363
We did it Iron Crown KINGS.
what does he do?
>>
>>56106797
>60/80/60 bulk on a type with 6 weaknesses (way more fragile than Rampardos)
>70 Speed (only 12 more speed than Rampardos)
Frankly no one should be surprised by this. At least Virizion has a good speed tier and bulk. All Breloom had was Spore and Technician (which only works with incredibly low BP moves). It’s a shitmon without Spore.
>>
>>56113019
>SamuGOD used Razor Shell!
>>
GODganacl mogs.
>>
File: Ka82H[1].png (6 KB, 313x172)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>56113226
Uh oh
>>
>>56113237
*switches in for free, sets up Iron Defense, and spams Body Press until victory*

ggggggggggg
ggez

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.