[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GRaRZO7XsAAXURf.jpg (345 KB, 1082x1581)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
Why are Kingambit and Gholdengo still allowed to run rampant? They've been problems since the gen began, but they've dodged bans while everything around them gets banned instead
>>
>>56106532
Because they’re weak to CHARIZARD
>>
>don’t play fanfic garbage
>don’t have to worry about any of this
>>
>>56106543
Your meme will never catch on
>>
I dunno, climb the ladder and you might see why
>>
>>56106532
Because they hold the tier together (think of why Snorlax is still in GSC)
And also because the gen has ended so no more adjustments
>>
>went from nu shitmon to thé strongest of all starters
Chadsui regional forms are a gift from god.
>>
>>56106543
You sure worry to get the 1st reply every time verlitroon
>>
Raging Bolt suspect next?
>>
>>56106634
No. Darkgay is probably the most busted mon right now and top players don't care about it
>>
>>56106572
Whoever came up with Ceaseless Edge and its rock counterpart deserves a raise
>>
>>56106532
Alomomola just gets better and better every new generation
>>
Zamazenta is more toxic than either of them put together.
>>
>>56106532
>7 of the top 10 have <100 speed
I thought speed was the most important stat?
>>
>>56107363
Well 3 of those 7 are there because they abuse really strong priority moves.
>>
>>56106532
>>56106572
>Sacred Sword OKOs Gambit
>Ceaseless Edge and Knock Off OKOs offensive Ghold, 2KOs defensive Ghold, Sucker Punch is a 2KO for offensive Ghold and a 3KO for defensive Ghold, guarantees significant damage no matter what
OP, where are your problems?
>>
>>56107447
>Sacred Sword OKOs Gambit
Tera flying or fairy
>switching Gholdengo into a dark type
Ghold switches into spinners and defoggers. Even if it dies, it still did its job by denying hazard removal for a turn and gives your hyper offense mon like Valiant a free turn.
>>
File: kingambit.jpg (132 KB, 1915x1183)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
All I see, Is a bunch of sucker punch victims.
>>
>>56107804
All I see is a nigger getting bailed out by a broken generational gimmick.
>>
>>56106532
current gen blindness is the easiest answer, newbie shitters liking broken stuff and flinch himself not getting his ass whooped by these 2 is the probably correct answer thoughever
>>
>>56106543
Hey Verlisify
>>
>>56106980
This, although I've seen an end-game gambit beat a zama before by tera'ing ghost on the right turn lol. But honestly both Zama and Gambit are obvious ubers to me, I said this 6 months ago, I don't understand how they aren't banned yet. And I *like* using gambit in OU because it's fun (but I like using it in ubers too, and I wouldn't mind it being relegated there). But zama is is a fucking fugly box legend, and it feels morally wrong to allow that thing in OU. It's too fucking fast, strong, and bulky simultaneously, IronPress snowballs, and tera makes it even worse to deal with. But... it shits on offense, so therefore it probably won't be banned. I wish they would at least put a temporary ladder or host a tournament or something with both of them banned to get a feel for what the metagame would be like without them. For perspective, when Kyu-B was OU in gens 5-7 it was an underdog pick with 2-9% usage. Zama is just cancer. It's not like it can't just pick off volcarona/moltres with stone edge either. I'm going to have to write finch a fucking letter about this.
>>
>>56106532
Gholdengo is very potent team building glue and doesn't do anything particularly egregious in slot. It just has a lot of good utility and set variety that let it be strong on a lot of team styles. It's net effect on the meta is positive nowadays because Tusk/Treads are still the only good spinners and basically only Corv and Mandi get better. Corv now gets to defog entirely uncontested on Stall which makes the archetype a bit more annoying the face. I think DLC 1 and maybe even post home Ghold deserved to at least be tested but the council loved dragging their feet on the idea but right now it's the most balanced it's ever been.
Kingambit is there because (You) didn't vote it out.
>>
Just noticed that moltres can deal with those mons at top6 if they are not running some subpar sets(eg t bolt valian,head smash tusk,stone edge zama)
>>
>>56109668
I'd love to use Moltres but I hate to gamble Willo wisps or Hurricanes.
Accuracy is the worst it provides nothing of value, it's not even a good way to nerf things.
>>
>>56106543
spbp, wondering when these smogfaggots will stop shitting the board up every 1st of the month with their made-up meta results

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.