[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2102.jpg (153 KB, 1440x1080)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
Pokémon plays best on handhelds. When you have and play it on a home console it kind of defeats the purpose.
Also Nintendo systems sell better on handhelds. And Pokémon was that reason why.
>>
Yep. Which is why the Switch games are good and the Gamecube/Wii games are trash.
>>
>>56107013
You're a massive nerd and loser if you use the switch as a handheld.
>>
>>56107153
And yet, they didn't actually launch a proper pokémon game on the unit until Nintendo released a dedicated handheld, keyed at young children and poor third worlders.
>>
>>56107153
Retard
>>
>>56106998
yup, that's why I have a homebrewed 3ds. I can play every worthwhile Pokemon game on one console!
>>
>>56107415
My homebrew 3ds sucks at running GBA games for some reason.
>>
>>56107464
This is expected if you're running them with mGBA, even on the New variants
Best performance is obtained with virtual console injectors
Man, I wish the 3ds wasn't so weak
>>
so we agree home consoles are the best for spinoffs and the next orre game should be on the Swotch 2
>>
>>56106998
I agree, but would say either GBA SP or New 3DS are the peak form factor. GBA SP because it's small and light, folds shut to protect the screen, and I can comfortably play it and reach all the relevant buttons one-handed for casual egg hatching, berry watering or whatever. New 3DS for similar reasons, but it can play far more Pokemon games, and at least on gen 1-2 and 6-7 I can remap buttons for reasonably comfortable one-handed play using rehid. New 3DS because the extra stick and buttons are great for remaps, and non XL because it's lighter and comfier to hold either one or two handed.
>Nintendo systems sell better on handhelds
Switch outsold 3DS, and the Switch Pokemon games are the best selling since Pokemania. I mostly prefer gen 3-7 myself, but those are still the facts.
>>
>>56107464
>>56107898
NSUI VC injects, or open_agb_firm. Either of those will run the games identically to an actual GBA, because they put the 3DS into a hardware GBA mode, like what a DS Lite does when you select the GBA cartridge from the menu.
>>
Bunp
>>
>>56107153
why?
>>
>>56108146
Seconding open_agb_firm. A lot of people still don't know you can run almost all 3DS/DS/GBA games native on baremetal on any 3DS with no flashcard. New 3DS can run every handheld game pre-switch and even the N64 games. You only really need a 3DS and a Wii to play almost everything.
>>
>>56108146
He cooked
>>
>>56106998
It is in fact series that was build with handheld gaming in mind. Pokemon is kinda is both good for small burst of time gaming when you can spend few minutes searching new mons in grass, hitting level or two on your mons or doing whatever minigame is available AND for longer sessions when you do actual progress.
In fact GSC and HGSS were build around it with Day/Night cycle and daily and weekly events. Sadly nowadays everyone has a smartphone to fill up these minutes of free time with TikToks and Xitter so this style of gaming is kinda dead.
>>
I would never disgrace my family by using a switch to play anything I could play on a GBA GC
>>
>>56107343
>worst remake
pic not related?
>>
>>56111601
>Red not the protag
>Red didn't beat Giovanni, like in Canon
>Red didn't become the Champion, like in Canon
>Red not 10 years old when game starts, directly contradicting core Gen 7 Canon
A remake actually, you know, remakes the original. Not completely changes the cast, mechanics and scenario entirely, like what LGPE actually did.
Game Freak are FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR more autistic than you third worlders are. That's why they never once described LGPE as a remake, but touted it as a re-imaginging of Yellow. You should have realised that too, when the game started with the Partner Pika/Eevee dragging the viewer into the telly screen to enter the game world too, but the truth could dress up in kitten heels and a fuck me microskirt and you blind bastards would still miss it.
>>
>>56111688
same shit
actual point is about it not being a proper game

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.