[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The meme is alive
>>
File: IMG_0092.jpg (35 KB, 600x484)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>people are still pretending this criticism is wrong for some reason
>>
I just use repels because I'm not a retard.
>>
But is it nice water?
>>
>>56107139
>G-game incentivizes me to use le heckin items!!!!!
Filtered
>>
File: screenshot_1719860830.png (131 KB, 1920x1080)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>56107126
It's absolutely valid criticism and Hoenn really has too much water. I'm playing through it on PokeMMO with a 1080p screen. Imagine navigating through this on a tiny GBA screen. And there is just no fun to be had here.
>>
>>56107357
>emulatorfag thinks people have to imagine playing the games on the console they released on
>>
>>56107351
>game incentivizes me to turn it into a boring as fuck walking sim with no gameplay
this is a good thing...how again?
>>
>>56107126
>Twatter
Go back
>>
>>56107126
I love this becuase it proves without a shadow of a doubt that Game Freak is 100% if all the criticisms of their games, meaning when they don’t fix them it’s due to spite or intentional sabotage
>>
>>56107373
That's retarded logic. There are so many more reasons than just those.
>>
>>56107139
Because as shit as ORAS was, "too much water" wasn't a valid criticism. ORAS greatly reduced the amount of water in the game compared to RSE. The base wild encounter rate was lower than RSE, and with a Sharpedo it was even lower in addition to Sharpedo swimming at double speed. They basically gave you Repel + a water bicycle and reduced the number of mandatory water routes. Unless "too much water" means "I had to use Surf once" it's not a good excuse. The reviewers didn't actually play the game and just parroted the meme.
>>
>>56107139
People on the internet have seemingly forgotten that 'too much water' was always one of the biggest complaints about Hoenn
>>
>>56107569
>"too much water" wasn't a valid criticism.
yes it was
I shouldn’t have to use repels for 1/3 of the game
>>
Reminder that "too much water" wasn't in reference to just the oceanic half of Hoenn, it was also referring to just how overabundant water in general was. As a type, move distribution, rain bias, meanwhile other types like Fire and Ice had dogshit distribution and representation.
>>
>>56108062
works on my machine
>>
>>56108045
That's not even the biggest issue with Hoenn's water routes.

The biggest issue is having to encounter fucking Wingull and Tentacool for 1/3 of the game.
>>
>>56107357
Don't need to imagine. I played Emerald on GBA when it came out. I used the maps on the guidebook to navigate. I don't normally use repel as I prefer to save the money for other items that have battle or prep use. However I used repel for the ocean and the bike mach bike stuff. You are very likely to fall through the floor if you get an encounter before you get to the weak floor tiles as it messes up your muscle memory and/or planning.
>>
>>56107357
but you can dive!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.