[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1975.jpg (128 KB, 1440x810)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
I know this game has introduced a lot more stuff to make it playable, but nothing beats when it first dropped back in 2016. There was a period where everyone was outside playing it. If you saw someone walking outside looking at their phone, there was a 90% likelihood they were playing Pokémon go. I actually think this was probably the closest to world peace we came to as a society. Everyone was friendly and you can just ask people what pokemon they were catching, you could go walk around with them and catch pokemon together, it was pretty surreal how it brought so many people together. I remember walking around with my friends at night just going to popular locations, we’d meet some strangers and we’d go explore together, eventually go to a bar and meet more people telling others how we were just outside catching pokemon. We actually got a crowd of like 20 people to go walk around with us to play this game. I even ended up dating a girl who I met that night for about a year.

What are your guy’s best memories?
>>
basically the same. my family went on a 1,000 mile road trip to visit my dad's side just a few days after it came out, so my sister and I were playing it the entire time. it was great fun seeing what pokemon would spawn in the different areas. and yeah, I remember running into random people and them saying "oh you should go over here, there's an x"
I was super disappointed when I got home and found that it was basically unplayable in my small town, plus the change to how pokemon spawned made it way less fun. oh well, it was a great week
>>
>>56108150
The most fun the game ever was for me was when the maps for high/perfect IV Pokemon were still working. Me and my friends would drive around to many different places hunting them down, meeting lots of other people doing the same along the way. I still remember that improvised party like 40 of us had when we all hunted down a 91% IV Chansey outside a local park at around 9 PM. One of the best moments I've had playing the game.
The thing with the perfect IV hunting was that their locations were always dynamic, taking us to many different places we never would have went otherwise. Gyms are stagnant and always in the same location, and in half the town I live in they are always the same colors. Raids have the same problem; always the same locations, except those actually consume passes to take part in. Static locations, always the same place, usually in sponsored locations so corpos can shill on us further.

I stopped playing after the maps died. The sense of adventure was gone, and my friends agreed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.