[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

this series could unironically be huge if they gave it another chance
>>
Could it really? Turn-based strategy RPGs are pretty niche
>>
File: image (13).jpg (140 KB, 600x800)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>56108348
if it had a proper budget i see no reason why it couldnt have gone past fire emblem levels of success
>>
>>56108324
I have my hopes put in romhacking, with few tweaks the game can be improved a lot. The dream is a randomizer that can create new continents for each match, with different amount of customizable kingdoms.
>>
>>56108348
I feel like turned based combat could actually work in pokemon games
>>
>>56108348
I think so but not with the exact theme of the previous game. Nobody cares about the Samurai Warriors franchise anymore. They either need to make the story largely human trainer focused like Masters(and therefore go down the waifu route like nu-Fire Emblem) or make it entirely Pokemon focused like PMD.
>>
>>56108459
i like the warlords, they were designed quite well and felt like they meshed with the pokemon quite well honestly.

I don't need the Samurai Warriors character specifically to come back but characters that evoked that same style would be nice.
>>
>>56108459
>>56108491
It's Nobunaga's Ambition you retards.
>>
>>56108324
Maybe an spin off of that idea could work. Make it like Knight of Lodis. Turn based strategy RPG with different trainers (units) on the field.
As the game progress, you can evolve your Pokémon, and this makes your trainer be promoted.
Say, I have an squire with a ralts. He can be a knight with Kirlia, and a Lord with a Gallade. Or grab a mid game witch with a Missdreavus. She can be a summoner with a Missmagius.
Can work for other units. Take a monk with a Chardete. If he focus on INT, he can become a Warlock with an Armarouge. But if he focus on ATK, he can be a swordmaster with a Ceruledge.

Is about ideas and how to implement them.
>>
There was an attempted fan game based on the original game called Pokemon Conquest Shogun’s Path, but it doesn’t seem to continue in development.
>>
>>56108348
fire emblem does pretty well. the problem is gamefreak always chooses the wrong games to emulate. it should have been an FE clone, not a nobunaga's ambition clone. and their fighting bame should have been a smash brothers clone, not tekken.
>>
In general Pokémon spin-offs aren't much of a thing anymore outside of the shitty mobile projects. Probably cost too much to develop with no guarantee on returns.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.