[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Fishing hasn't been in the games for 5 years...
>>
Remember when Unova removed all but one fishing rod, then locked it to postgame for no reason, and people called it the peak of the series?

Remember when Kalos added back the different fishing rods, then gave the mechanic more depth by adding fishing shiny chaining, and then people called it rushed and unfinished?
>>
File: 1480704943049.jpg (70 KB, 1024x576)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>56112193
>>56112193
>thread about SM
>Unvoa fishing rods
>Reddit spacing
Imagine being this obsessed pretty sure most people dont even fish unless its for completing the dex
>>
>>56112193
hi yawnfag
>>
>>56112193
Please stop noticing things
>>
>>56112232
>no bump
samefag
>>
>>56112215
>thread about SM
the thread is about fishing, dumbfuck.
>>
>>56112174
Fishing in Pokemon sucked anyway.
>>
File: Fb0OILtUUAEyr-Q.jpg (379 KB, 1460x1200)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
What changes, if any, would you like to see to fishing if it returns? Things like adding types of bait to make certain encounters more likely, or revamping the entire system to be a minigame rather than just waiting to press A.
>>
>>56112174
Good
>>
>>56112215
I think yawnie is mad about the fishing rod being post-game only because it takes him almost 50 hours to beat the league in gen V
>>
>>56112193
unovasisters…
>>
>>56112289
honestly? make more encounters like feebas. fishing is more interesting when different tiles do different things
>>
File: 1648240658954.png (169 KB, 1000x750)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>56112193
>>
>>56112174
It started with SM.
Like many other features, they limited them considerably, carried over the chame restrictive new fishing method to SwSh, and then removed it completely.
>>
EITHER LET OLD ROD CATCH SHIT OTHER THAN MAGIKARP OR GIVE US THE GOOD ROD EARLIER
IF I HAVE THE SURF HM BEFORE I'M ABLE TO FISH SHIT UP THEN I AM N O T USING YOUR DEX FILLER WATER TYPES. besides Lanturn, I like Lanturn
>>
>>56113339
It clearly started with Unova, one fishing rod and postgame exclusive. Alola might have limited where you could fish but you still could use during the story. But the truth is that fishing always sucked, you can't tell what you're fishing and you need to react because rare encounters will run away fast so it's a big slog too.
>>
>>56112215
>>56112385
>thread about fishing in Pokemon
>mention the fishing mechanics in one of the Pokemon games
>R-RENT FREE! OBSESSED!!
kys
>>
Fishing is unnecessary in a game with no random encounters.
>>
>>56113401
that doesn't make any sense. fishing is a special type of encounter and doesn't have to follow the rules that every other encounter does.
>>
>>56113387
Wrong, yawnfaggot.
In Unova you got it later, but you could still fish anywhere. It wasn’t until the shit Alola games that it got extremely restrictive.
>>
>Old Rod
>can fish in water, can get a wide variety of fish instead of exclusively Magikarp and Tentacool
>Good Rod
>can fish in sand and toxic waste and sheer cliff edges along with the above
>Super Rod
>can fish in lava and wormholes/spacial rifts along with the above
I made fishing interesting. You're welcome.
>>
All of pokemon's flaws stem from the fact that they designed it by stealing RPG features without adding the reason those games had those features.
>>
>>56113417
Unova removed the multiple rods retardbro. They also made the unholy combination of combining fishing with rustling spots - combining two of the worst mechanics together - so that you would spend 20 hours fishing for a Politoed. Funny calling me Yawnfag because if I was really wanting to hate Unova, I would be mindlessly praising fishing and Gen 6 for having the most fishing mechanics out all generations but the truth is that fishing fucking sucks and I don't care that Unova fucked it up but you are delusional to think it wasn't the start point of the dumbed down fishing.
>>
>>56113440
Shaking spots were kino, first of all.
Secondly, yawnfag defends the shit Alola game, that’s why he rarely mentions them unless called out.
Fishing was good in Unova, the several rods were gone, yea, but that was a good change. There was no point in having a rod that only caught low leveled pokemon once you made it to the late game.
>>
>>56113440
>>56113394
You know unova is good when the best criticism is fishing lol
>>
>>56112193
I remember!
>>56112174
Fishing in only certain spots is so dumb
wtf alola
>>
>>56113449
>Shaking spots were kino, first of all.

No, they weren't. If it was just Audino so that you could get one billion levels at once it would be fine, but they started putting rare mons under low % encounters so you would have to spend minutes walking around to trigger a rustling spot, battle it and repeat until the rare mon appears. It's the worst kind of random encounters, they could just had added it as 1% encounter if they wanted you to lose that much time walking around. Rustling is just there to waste your time really hard, much like fishing.
>>
>>56113491
I never saw shaking grass without audino in bw
Maybe in the sequels
in oras, you have to walk slowly, or they disappear
that was boring
>>
>>56112174
>2020+4
>there's still no Pokemon fishing spinoff game
I'm not seething, your seething.
>>
>>56113553
Women love me
Karp fear me
>>
>>56113339
see >>56112193
>>
>>56113553
Hey you, Pikachu had fishing. Surely you don't need any more than that.
>>
>>56112193
>unova
>peak of the series
Schizo

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.