[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Welcome to /wfg/! your thread to communicate with other trainers.

This is the thread for all your Trading, Battling, Raiding and Camping needs!
Missing a version exclusive?
Want try that team you are building?
Maybe need a Pokemon or two to fill your Pokedex?
Wanna do a Giveaway?
Need a carry for a difficult Raid?
Feel like doing a BBQ with other trainers?
Say no more!

Please try to not offer clones or modified Pokémon, or at least warn about them and no "hacked/injected" Pokemon please!
Have fun Anon, and be excellent to each other!

>NEWS
>Prepare to Search for Pikachu and friends
Includes Mighty Pikachu along with an Outbreak for Pikachu and it's other forms
https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/events/summer-events-part-1/

>Ranked Battles Season 20Is Under Way!
Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Ranked Battles Season 20 has begun!
Running until Wednesday, July 31, 2024, at 4:59 p.m. PDT, Ranked Battles Season 20 will follow Regulation Set G. Also, Pokémon are allowed to Terastallize during battle.
https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/events/ranked-battles-season-20/

>Current Mystery Gifts
>Mythical Pecha Berry Gift
(No code - Receive via the Internet)
>Neo-Kitakami Case for Rotom Phone
NE0R0T0MC0VER
>Quaxly
D0T1STPARTNER. (November 30 2024 - 23:59UTC)
>Cetitan
L1KEAFLUTE (31st Aug 2024 - 06:59 PT)
>1x Sweet Herba Mystica / 1x Spicy Herba Mystica
SWEET0RSP1CY (30th Sep 2024 - 06:59 PT)
>Sprigatito with Partner Ribbon
L1K0W1TH906 (30th Sep 2024 - 06:59 PT)
>Revavroom
TEAMSTAR (31st Oct, 2024 - 06:59 PT)
>Chest-Form Gimmighoul
SEEY0U1NPALDEA (30th Nov, 2024 - 06:59 PT)
>Terastal Cap
WEARTERASTALCAP (30th Nov, 2024 - 06:59 PT)
>Expert Belt
SUPEREFFECT1VE (28th Feb 2025 - 06:59 PT)
>30 Quick Balls
G0TCHAP0KEM0N (28th Feb 2025 - 06:59 PT)
>YAOSABI'S Pawmot
Y0AS0B1B1R1B1R1 (28th Feb 2025 - 06:59 PT)

>Previously on /wfg/
>>56137564
>>
Lol
>>
WHO LET IT DIE AGAIN?!
>>
>>56165844
Me sorta I went to bed and woke up to the thread dead.The threads are moving faster than normal due to the spam.
>>
>>56165874
What if this is just slow because nobody cares?
>>
>>56165882
Last three threads before the last one made it to bump limit. Eh it happens.
>>
can i use pretendo and kaeru wfc at the same time on my 3ds or will the kaeru wfc dns setup mess up with pretendo?
>>
>>56165982
what are you talking about man
>>
>>56166089
>pretendo
3ds network to play 3ds games like mk7 online
>kaeru wfc
ds network to play gen 4 and 5 pokemon games online
>>
File: item_0851.png (30 KB, 160x160)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
Hey all, I'm pretty much done my Beast Ball Living Dex. Just waiting on Wynnona to get back so he can trade over the Vivillon he caught for me. I just caught my own Koraidon and Miraidon in Beast Balls, however I forgot to set my clock back to normal after getting the Beast Balls for Miraidon before I caught it, so now it says it was caught on September 24th, 2023. Not a big deal, and kind of appropriate considering it's a Paradox Pokemon from the future, but it still kind of bugs me a little

I got a new Enamorus off the GTS so I could have two in Hisuian Ultra Balls. Not only is it nice to have them both match, but I could now get rid of my second one which I'm pretty sure was hacked, so that's nice

I'm also looking for a World Cap Pikachu, since I realized I have one of each of the other caps but not World Cap. If anyone has one of those and is willing to trade, let me know.

>>56165844
I'll take partial blame for that, I got distracted because of the current goings on in the world. I mean, when something like that happens you can't not focus in on it
>>
>>56165982
I didn't even know pretendo was even working for the 3ds Pokemon games already.
>>
Does the DLC ever go on sale for S&V?
>>
>>56167940
Nope, very rare for Nintendo first/second parties's DLCs to have discounts. Even if they do those are mostly full game+DLC bundles
>>
>>56167252
it's not, but i use it for mario kart
>>
>>56168073
>Nope, very rare for Nintendo first/second parties's DLCs to have discounts. Even if they do those are mostly full game+DLC bundles
Damn it, I guess I have no choice then.
>>
bump
>>
Bump 2: The Sequel
>>
>>56168085
>it's not, but i use it for mario kart
Darn well I hope it works for gen 6&7 soon. I really missed out on a lot by starting so late.
>>
Hum. I’ve got a shiny Beldum for anyone who has a raging bolt/shiny valiant they’re not interested in keeping
I was holding out to hunt for a large one, but getting piggybacking off violet players to hunt something so tedious is a hard sell
>>
>>56170679
I got an extra shiny Valiant
>>
>>56170753
Still around? I can get online in about 20 mins
>>
>>56171465
yeah still here
>>
>>56171478
Alright, Im on.
Link code is 00011037
>>
>>56171574
just a sec
>>
Rad, thamks
>>
What's the meta for pikachu? just bring a ground type?
>>
>>56172229
Ogerpon.
>>
File: IMG_7608.jpg (177 KB, 1284x225)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>56172229
Jesus fucking christ the one single noteworthy thing about this raid is the fact that this pikachu isnt weak to ground and has a an se stab to use on ground types
It’s ALWAYS mouthbreathers like you
>>
>>56172229
it was Arboliva iirc? something about setting up with Sun + Growth
>>
>>56172430
Take it easy it's just a question anon.

>>56172734
>>56172287
>it was Arboliva iirc? something about setting up with Sun + Growth
Thank you anon.
>>
>>56173448
What about Gastrodon support?
>>
>>56174196
I didn't even think of that honestly. Hell I could probably bring one in from PLA and save myself the effort to train it. Thanks anon.
>>
bump
>>
>>56165526
Does anyone have any breedject Gligar? Want to fill my dex and breed for shiny.

Also if anyone has any breedjects from the Emopleon and Scorbunny laying around
>>
I wish Alolan Raichu got more love merch wise, probably gonna make a return to Shiny Hunt it soon
>>
>>56176132
same
>>
File: 5464564.jpg (8 KB, 234x215)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Be me, clueless, buy lets go pikachu last week

Gaming, not wanting to insta transfer all the pokedex at once, enjoy the slow pacing.

Last steps to finish my pokedex in , just around 15 more to go.

Cant wait to transfer everything I'm missing now that I beated the game so I can get the shiny charm and shiny hunt mewtwo and the birds.

Turns out, you fucking cant.

Fucking, Kill me I bet I can get the version exclusives and the trade evolve mons by gts no problem, but fuck MEEEEEEE I was really looking forward shiny hunt the birds.
>>
>>56177173
You can transfer from Go, but I don't know if it counts as dex progress
>>
>>56177173
You definitely can, I GTS'd my way to a living LGPE dex (sans Mew) with LGPE's origin marks for collection purposes and I don't even have LGPE games myself
>>
>>56177370
>I GTS'd my way to a living LGPE dex
That sounds painful why would you do that to yourself anon?
>>
Rise.
>>
>>56178784
Are you begging?
What game is this even for?
If you are the Let'sGo guy, that's somewhat vital info.
>>
>>56178796
yeah Im the lets go idiot, but happens that I found a buddy on steam that haves the game so sorry to bother lol
>>
>>56175406
Do you still need one? I could make one.
>>
>>56178914
Yes I still need one, you around? I’ve been trying for a while haha.
>>
>>56179028
Gimme a sec, gonna make one batch.
>>
>>56179038
Sick, I appreciate it
>>
>>56179056
Any rare items you got little of? Like Johto Balls or caps or something like that?
>>
>>56179064
Caps? Like bottle caps? I’m looking if I have gold but I know I have regular, I don’t have any balls left but I have all the mints, some Milcery sweets, ability patches, evo items etc
>>
>>56179072
Bottle cap and balls it is.
Code is this post and you will need 3 fodder mons. 3 or no trade.
>>
>>56179081
Yeah 3 is fine, I’m just clarifying you saw I don’t have johto balls left, but can and will happily give 3 bottle caps. Or whatever else you might want
>>
>>56179093
No, you got it wrong. You get balls and cap.
>>
>>56179097
Bro I’m confused now :(
>>
>>56179103
I got three breedjects with three items waiting for you. All you gotta do is search for >>56179081 and give me 3 fodder mons.
>>
>>56179105
Ohh dude thanks so much!! Damn you just made my morning
>>
>>56179105
>>56179117
Damn I’m looking at them now and seeing the items, and they’re all good nature with IVs, thank you thank you thank you!
>>
>>56179117
My dumb ass forgot that to look their abilities. If you search for this posts ID I can hook up you on three patches.
>>
>>56179122
Aww thanks dude but I do have patches, you’ve already helped me out a lot I really appreciate it :)
>>
>asking for caps
Just, like, buy them in stores
>>
>>56179126
Okey-Dokey
>>
>>56179130
Although if you also have an extra Rampardos? :)
>>
>>56179135
Not as a breed reject. I can get a crappy one in a jiffy. What else do you need?
>>
>>56179145
Are there any other scarlet exclusives in the DLC?
>>
>>56179149
Idk. You look it up, I’m gonna eat something in the mean time.
>>
>>56179155
Just the rampardos is cool :) ultra or premier ball if you can please!
>>
>>56179180
Im a dunce this time. I play Violet myself…
>>
>>56179249
No worries! I appreciate your help regardless :) thanks again
>>
>>56179254
I mean, I got one in my HOME living dex. It won’t be the right ball or anything else nice…
>>
>>56179261
Coincidentally I am looking now and found I also have only one in my bank, apparently I mistyped it earlier when I searched it lol :D
>>
>>56178127
Personal challenge, exclusively used loads and loads of spare Vivillon patterns from GO (Scatterbugs that I later evolved in SV) and Roaming Gimmighouls caught from GO for those trades. People ate up my trade requests fairly quickly and in a couple of weeks I got them all, even got their Alola variants with LGPE origin mark whenever applicable
>>
>>56179285
Oh, I should’ve checked back sooner. Got a decent lil dino in a PokeBall but I guess you won’t need it. Oh well.
>>
>>56179353
Wish I had the dedication to do something like that but I don't but still that's seriously a cool project to do.
>>
I haven't been here for a long while, anyone know if the Pretendo network has made any progress for Pokemon recently? I was working on a living dex for each gen when wifi was cut and realized that I now will have to buy Ultra Moon for Stakataka when I already have Ultra Sun and got burned out.
>>
>>56179922
No friends to touch trade with local trades? Sorry I'm not up to date with Pretendo's progress
>>
>>56180111
Nope. None of my friends play Pokemon, and they all moved away to different parts of the country anyway. I'll have to keep waiting then, I'd prefer to keep this dex as legitimate as possible.
>>
Is there.a way to get DLC paradoxes without giving up half of my soul? Regis and horses weren't this sought after iirc
>>
File: 43634357326.jpg (345 KB, 1800x2727)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
>>56180208
Yeah. Play the game.
>>
>>56180208
Yeah, make a second Switch profile and speedrun the game again to get to Blueberry. Pokemon Home will detect and support multiple Switch profiles, so you can transfer a living dex between one profile to another to instantly complete Perrin's Kitakami quest requirements, and then Blueberry's to spawn the DLC paradoxes in Area Zero.
>>
>>56180208
Yes, but it's still gonna cost you
>One copy of Scarlet & Violet plus the DLC, which comes out to well over $100-150 total
>A HOME account, which you probably already have. Technically you don't need to pay for it but I doubt you'll want to transfer Pokemon one box at a time
>At least 3 Pokemon on-hand. Neither of them need to be your starter, but your main one needs to have your OT so they'll obey you at level 100. The other two don't really matter, but having other strong teammates helps. You need 3 because Team Star Hideouts require it and some mandatory fights are Double Battles, which require two Pokemon minimum
>Play through and complete the main game, which involves completing the Champion, Titan and Team Star campaigns, as well as The Way Home. You should be able to blaze through the campaigns in ~10 hours per game with your level 100 Pokemon. This is required since the DLC Paradoxes are in Area Zero, which you can't access until you reach The Way Home. But even if you get up to the point, you still won't be able to get to most of them since you need Koraidon/Miraidon to reach them, and they're inaccessible in Area Zero until you finished The Way Home
>Play through The Teal Mask until you reach the point where you can begin Perrin's quest. Thankfully you can reach this very early on in your playthrough, however you'll need 150 Pokemon from the Kitakami Pokedex so Perrin will let you go on this quest at all. If you have the Pokemon you can just transfer them in using HOME to quickly fill up your Pokedex, but if you don't... well, it's gonna take a while
>Once you've completed the Bloodmoon Ursaluna quest, you'll need to register 200 from the Blueberry Academy Pokedex so Perrin will give you the DLC Paradox locations. They won't show up without getting the locations from Perrin first, so you absolutely need to do this
>>
Bump
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (93 KB, 1280x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Anyone remember is we ever got raid Spotlights for Scream Tail, Iron Valiant and not-Mega Salamence? I have the rest and while I skipped some events due IRL shit I cant remember any news about them.
Also since I missed the last Ghimighoul raid, what was the strat people used to Solo the fucker?
>>
>>56182128
No, no and no: https://serebii.net/scarletviolet/teraraidbattles/event-mightypikachureturns.shtml

You can check the picker on link related for all Tera raid events we had. We are missing several Paradoxes and Gen 10 is not yet on the horizon so they will eventually arrive.

Regarding Gimmighoul, anything super effective depending on its Tera will punch through. Its attacks and stats are shit in Chest Form plus it doesn't have any bullshit turn zero nor gimmicks
>>
Does anyone have a female alpha for any member of the oshawott line to trade?
>>
>>56182413
I probably do, I'll check.
>>
>>56182413
No luck, only males.
>>
>>56182247
I guess a Tera Blast Stellar Arceus will suffice right? or a Xerneas... is Xerneas even in the game? gonna try moving one from home later just for keks
>>
>>56182413
I don't have my switch with me BUT I think I have some spare oshawotts on GO I can trade you via HOME app
>>
File: 1707154850869440.jpg (260 KB, 1640x1113)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>56183192
They specified Alpha so I'm guessing that won't cut it as they get maximum size + two marks.
>>
File: 1711325036938140.webm (641 KB, 640x360)
641 KB
641 KB WEBM
Alright, took about a week but I think I got a decent haul of mark shines.
>>
>>56165526
hey
>>
>>56183772
Wish that was me. Quick question can I join a friends game if they have the DLC and I don't so I can hunt mimikyu
>>
>>56184656
just like in pokeBritain with the IoA and CT, you can't go to Kitakimi or Unova without paying your pokeVisa.
>>
Man, I just want a shiny cockroach…
>>
I need someone to touch trade with me a Mewtwo in pokemon lets go pikachu/eevee
PLEASE
>>
>>56186319
Why? Can’t you catch your own?
>>
>>56186348
the thing is I want the shiny charm before catching it, I intent to do the coma inducing shiny hunt by resetting with the best chances possible.
Having someone to touch trade it saves me having to beat the game twice.
>>
>>56186319
I have a shitton of them you can keep, but I'm kinda busy atm, can you wait an hour or so?
>>
>>56186375
just to be clear, can those they go to pokemon Lets'go.
I also have 3 Mewtwo's myself in pokemon Home but they are not backward compatible.
Also yeah I'm here for the next couple of hours time aint a problem.
>>
>>56186387
yeah, I restarted Let's GO Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee a shitton of times for fun or dumb challenges so no issue here
>>
>>56186406
excellent, if you want some type of payback for your troubles I have some shiny alolan Raichu I got this afternoon
We can talk about it when you are free, I'll lurk the thread till then.
>>
>>56186417
nahh, I'm fine, I like to find homes for all my spare legends, just have fun
>>
>>56183192
>>56183198
>>56183084
Geh, a series of coincidences and misspelled password attempts has left my switch without wifi for a week anyways. All good.

Ill be back when it’s up with shinies of maushold(three), espathra, Toxicroak, gible, mimikyu, and maybe a dewott to offer if anyone has that alpha.
>>
>>56186417
hi there anon, I'm back, are you still on?
>>
>>56186950
here I am o/
>>
>>56186955
neat, pass is Pikachu/Eevee/Charmander
>>
>>56186957
fucking legend, thank you so much anon, you saved me so much time.
>>
>>56186972
don't worry anon, have fun, happy shiny hunt
>>56166231
hey there bro, I have your bugs if you still want them, and I'm going to post another postcard later today if you want to join me catching some vivs or if you want the other pattern too
>>
>>56186977
Hey, Wynn. Yes, I absolutely do. Let me know when you're ready
>and I'm going to post another postcard later today if you want to join me catching some vivs or if you want the other pattern too
That sounds cool, but I don't think it'd work for me. Not only do I not have any Beast Balls in my main Scarlet file right now (at least I don't think I do), but I wouldn't be able to SR to keep each ball when they fail, so that'd be a bit inconvenient for the both of us. Also, what you mean by the "other pattern"? You mean the Scatterbug and Spewpa?
>>
Out of curiosity, has any of the Vivillon patterns retained the value from back in the day? Couple were pretty sought after on XY days, and I haven't bothered to check after getting all 20.
>>
>>56187252
Yes. All Scatterbug and Spewpa are internally considered separate forms, which is determined on capture based on the region of your 3DS/whichever postcard from GO you have active in SV when you caught it. This has been carried over to every game since X & Y so, for example, if your copy of X has Scatterbug and Spewpa that evolve to Vivillon that have the Meadow Pattern and you send them up to SV, they'll still evolve into Vivillon with the Meadow Pattern
>>
>>56187252
Only Poke Ball pattern remains to retain value as "rare" because we haven't had another distro since Gen 6, however I expect a new SV distro when PLZA releases
>>
>>56187409
>I expect a new SV distro when PLZA releases
I have a feeling they might make Pokeball Pattern Vivillon native to PL:ZA like they did with Fancy Pattern being native to SV. I mean, if the game is entirely based in Lumiouse City, a place where people and Pokemon live together, it'd be fitting to have its default form be the same one that people had to work together to obtain by getting 100,000,000 total combined trades on the GTS
>>
>>56186977
Alright, catch you tomorrow then
>>
>>56187117
sorry bro, we had a blackout until like 10 mins ago, let me compensate you these damn inconveniences with more Best Balls.
by the way, nothing put you in perspective more that having to sleep + false swipe down to 1 a route1 shitmon only to fail to fcatch it for 17 times in a row, you my friend are a real trooper for choosing Beast Balls, my 1x rate Luxury balls and me tip our hat to you.
>>56187252
it's a bit harder and at the same time easier to get everything now except for Poke Ball pattern.
you see,the Spewpa line are actually 20something different species internally. back in gen6 and 7, the region of your 3DS determined which specie you were able to get, so you had to trade to get every pattern, now SV are hardcoded to ONLY spawn Fancy pattern no matter your region so now your only way to get the other forms is via GO in two different ways:
>>
>>56187934
>sorry bro, we had a blackout until like 10 mins ago
Ah, no worries. I'm still up for the next hour-ish so I'm down to trade if you still want to. Let me know
>by the way, nothing put you in perspective more that having to sleep + false swipe down to 1 a route1 shitmon only to fail to fcatch it for 17 times in a row
Ah, that's nothing. Try catching multiple Legendary Pokemon in Beast Balls without sandwich boosts. I had to catch 3 Kubfu just to finish that family
>you my friend are a real trooper for choosing Beast Balls
Don't I know it. At least with these Vivillon I'll be absolutely done with it all until the next game
>my 1x rate Luxury balls and me tip our hat to you.
Huh, didn't know your Luxury Balls wear hats. Kinda cool, but it must be pretty expensive
>>
>>56187934
cont:
the GO methods are:
>in-game GO - once you get a certain number of postcards of a specific region you get an encounter with a vivillion of a pattern assigned to that region, you can catch it there (but your ball options are just Poke, Great, Ultra and Master Balls) then send it to HOME
>you send a postcard from GO to SV, this turns every new WILD spewpa, scatterbug and vivillion spawn in your SV game into whatever patter is tied to that postcard's region until the next rollback (12pm). friends can join you and get said vivillions too!

right now I have River Pattern Vivilllion spawning so if anyone want to join me to get it for their collections feel free to reply to this post, pic rel is the one spawning

>>56187957
I'm online right now so I can get you your bugs right now
>>
>>56187981
Sure thing. Search my post number
>>
Link Code: 1316
and yes, my Luxury balls wear tiny little top hats and tiny monocles
>>
>>56187999
Searching now...
>>
>>56187994
got you 3 bugs of each pattern, just evolve one spewpa of each line.
by the way, how many Beast Balls you need tonight?
>>
>>56188010
Ah shit, I thought you only got me the Vivillon. I might not have enough mons to trade you for them
>by the way, how many Beast Balls you need tonight?
Not many. Not only have I already caught everything else I need for my Living Dex aside from the Vivillon patterns, I can always get more pretty easily with the Item Printer. You really don't need to give me any in SV
>>
give me a sec please
>>
>>56188025
Sure, take your time
>>
>>56188025
Yeah, on second thought, it's really late for me so I really gotta hit they hay
Tomorrow, for sure
>>
>>56186373
The shiny charm is in LGPE?
>>
>>56185018
Damn it, all my attempts to save money are once again foiled.
>>
>>56188025
Alright, I'm back. I'll be here all day more or less so let me know when you're ready
>>
>>56188189
yes, you need full Kanto Dex except Mew (and Meltan line?)
>>
Do you need to beat the main game to access the DLC in S&V?
>>
>>56190372
No and mostly Yes
>>
>>56190372
Technically. You gain access to Teal Mask as soon as you leave the Academy near the beginning of the game, and you can complete the entirety of the Teal Mask story from that point as all the wild Pokemon and Trainers will be at a lower level than if you beat the main game

You can access Blueberry Academy as soon as you've defeated Kieren and Carmine, however you won't be able to make much progress since, not only are the Pokemon at Blueberry Academy are all in the 60s-70s range, but taking on the Blueberry Academy Elite Four requires you to finish the Teal Mask first. You also won't be able to access the Area Zero Underdepths and Terapagos unless you've finished both the main game's campaigns (Including The Way Home), the Teal Mask and defeated the Blueberry Academy Elite Four
>>
>>56190431
>>56190404
DAMN IT, I can't catch a break here. Well I'll get another chance some other day then.
>>
>>56190431
>You can access Blueberry Academy as soon as you've defeated Kieren and Carmine, however you won't be able to make much progress since, not only are the Pokemon at Blueberry Academy are all in the 60s-70s range, but taking on the Blueberry Academy Elite Four requires you to finish the Teal Mask first.
You can't make progress at all in BB until after finishing the main game.
You literally can't progress past the first "class" where you have to catch an Alolan something.
>>
File: r4e4tyw234ty24wt.jpg (141 KB, 1920x1080)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>56186977
this is thanks to you buddy, I didnt count the exact number but it was less than 50 resets for sure-
>>56188189
>>56189692
yeah you need the original 150 pokemon (not mew nor meltan)
and go to the gamefreak office in Celadon City talk to the guy, you get a "diploma" and the shinycharm
>>
File: Beserk inner malice.jpg (37 KB, 540x522)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>Trying to be a premier ball autist
>Trying to catch Mewtwo
>Keeps breaking out in no shakes
HOW DO YOU GUYS DO THIS?! I SHOULD HAVE BECOME A TIME BALL AUTIST INSTEAD AAAIIIEEE!!!!
>>
>>56191077
It's an acquired autism
>>
>>56191077
>Struggling to catch a Mewtwo in a Premier Ball
Are you throwing them at full health without putting it to sleep or something? There's no way you should be struggling like this outside of just having the shittest of luck. Then again, maybe my building a Beast Ball Living Dex has irreparably changed my outlook on catch rates and what's considered reasonable
>HOW DO YOU GUYS DO THIS?!
An unhealthy mix of sheer, stubborn determination and pure, distilled autism
>>
File: Gato cornered.jpg (68 KB, 1024x768)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
FINALLY I CAUGHT THE THING. Now I dread having to hunt and catch a shiny one in sun and moon.

>>56191204
>Are you throwing them at full health without putting it to sleep or something? There's no way you should be struggling like this outside of just having the shittest of luck. Then again, maybe my building a Beast Ball Living Dex has irreparably changed my outlook on catch rates and what's considered reasonable
I am actually.

>An unhealthy mix of sheer, stubborn determination and pure, distilled autism
I don't think I'm built for this.
>>
>>56191417
>FINALLY I CAUGHT THE THING.
Good job, anon
>Now I dread having to hunt and catch a shiny one in sun and moon.
Make sure you're stocked up on whatever Pokeball you need, at least 200 or so. Also make sure you use X Items, they're damn-near essential for certain Legendaries, as well as the Ultra Beasts and their absurd stats
>I am actually.
Well there's your problem. If it's Sun & Moon, you should catch yourself a Parasect. It can learn False Swipe and Spore, the former is perfect for whittling down a Pokemon's HP without ko'ing it and the latter puts 'em to sleep, which doubles your chance of capture, and has perfect accuracy to boot. Parasect is also unique in that it can have Damp as its Hidden Ability, which prevents moves like Self Destruct and Explosion from working, which can save you some grief in the long run for those types of Pokemon

When it comes to False Swipe mons though, Gallade is pretty good simply because it's usually always available in every game on account of being one of the more popular Pokemon families. Hypnosis has shit accuracy, but that's nothing an X Accuracy can't fix

>I don't think I'm built for this.
Trust me, it's a lot easier when you're not retarded. Just be prepared, have an appropriate False Swipe mon, stock up on items, make absolutely sure their health is 1 and they're asleep, and above all else be patient
>>
>>56191417
You need to find an optimal strategy to make it a bit less painless when shiny hunting:

>If you have balltism, check your options beforehand. If you are rolling with Apriballs/Dream Ball/Beast Ball make the most of your limited shots by throwing balls to crippled opponents (Status + 1 HP)
>Prepare a Leppa Berry/Harvest/Recycle mon if able, if your target game doesn't allow it, find it's best nearest cousin: Spore, Paralysis, Hypnosis plus False Swipe
>Take into account types: Ghost types (immune to False Swipe) or Grass types (immune to Spore for example). Take into account their attacks: if your target has Self-Destruct, Explosion, Memento, Ghosts with Curse, etc. Soak, Magic Powder, Worry Seed, Damp, Disable, look up your counters for the necessary combinations.
>Get your Shiny Charm if possible, it applies to many situations but do your research in case a specific case doesn't apply
>Gen 6 and onwards it doubly helps to have a complete Dex in order to increase the chances of critical captures for each ball thrown
>Lastly, if playing on Gen 6 or 7 don't forget to use your O-Powers or Roto Powers
>>
>>56191452
>Also make sure you use X Items, they're damn-near essential for certain Legendaries, as well as the Ultra Beasts and their absurd stats
You made me realize that I've never used X items before, Holy crap would that make things easier thank you for the info.

>>56191452
>Parasect is also unique in that it can have Damp as its Hidden Ability, which prevents moves like Self Destruct and Explosion from working, which can save you some grief in the long run for those types of Pokemon.
I also forgot all about damp as an ability. But thank you once more anon. I searched it up and got a 'catching smergle' but like you said because of reliability, I'll raise a Gallade to false swipe as well.

>Trust me, it's a lot easier when you're not retarded. Just be prepared,
I will anon, But I'm still saying that I don't have it in me to be like you guys.

>>56191526
>Prepare a Leppa Berry/Harvest/Recycle mon if able,
This is next for me, I was afraid that the mewtwo would kill itself but I'm thankful that it didn't.

>Get your Shiny Charm if possible
Want to do so but I just can't be bothered but I'm willing to give it a try in S&V.

>Lastly, if playing on Gen 6 or 7 don't forget to use your O-Powers or Roto Powers
I FORGOT ABOUT THIS THANK YOU BOTH ANONS FOR REMINDING ME!
>>
>>56192260
>You made me realize that I've never used X items before, Holy crap would that make things easier thank you for the info.
No problem. And yeah, they can be very useful. Even at level 100 my Gallade struggles to deal or take damage well from something powerful like Calyrex, so X Defense/X Sp. Def is a must. By the way, I've found that using an X Attack and a Dire Hit actually works out pretty well at quickly whittling down a Pokemon's HP when it's particularly hardy
>I also forgot all about damp as an ability. But thank you once more anon.
No problem. It'll definitely help with shit like Minior
>I searched it up and got a 'catching smergle' but like you said because of reliability
Smeargle is also pretty good simply due to its sheer versatility
>I'll raise a Gallade to false swipe as well.
You absolutely should. Also, if you're hunting stuff in SV you should consider Breloom. It has high attack, access to False Swipe and Spore, and its Hidden Ability Poison Heal allows it some incredibly longevity whilst also protecting it from other status moves. You can even poison it before your Legendary hunt using Toxic Orb, then give it something else to hold
>>
Late night bump
>>
Looking for either a shiny Arrokuda and/or Gothita if anyone can offer? Got quite a few shinies to swap for
>>
>>56192314
>By the way, I've found that using an X Attack and a Dire Hit actually works out pretty well at quickly whittling down a Pokemon's HP when it's particularly hardy
That's more good advice because I didn't even know you could stack the x items so thank you.

>>56192314
>You absolutely should. Also, if you're hunting stuff in SV you should consider Breloom.
Will also look into this anon, Smeargle is nice but it's kinda squishy attack and defense wise so I will look into getting a good breloom to use.

>No problem. It'll definitely help with shit like Minior
Thanks for the warning because I didn't even know Minior was that annoying to hunt.
>>
>>56193687
>That's more good advice because I didn't even know you could stack the x items so thank you.
Yeah, of course. Each X Item, as of Gen VII, raises their respective stat by 2 stages
>Thanks for the warning because I didn't even know Minior was that annoying to hunt.
I should also mention, since you'll eventually encounter them as you fill out your Living Dex, Sinistea and Poltchageist are particularly annoying to catch. Both are Ghost type, and the latter is immune to Spore due to being part Grass type and it knows Memento, which causes it to KO itself. Inteleon is a good Pokemon to lead with since it has access to both Soak to turn them pure Water type for False Swipe, and Taunt to prevent them from using Memento. Gallade can also learn Taunt, so be sure to teach it that to ensure safe capture

All in all, you should always have a general idea of what a Pokemon is capable of before you go to capture it
>>
>>56193802
>Yeah, of course. Each X Item, as of Gen VII, raises their respective stat by 2 stages
Damn now I know why they keep making these items, that's really amazing actually.

>I should also mention, since you'll eventually encounter them as you fill out your Living Dex, Sinistea and Poltchageist are particularly annoying to catch. Both are Ghost type, and the latter is immune to Spore due to being part Grass type and it knows Memento, which causes it to KO itself. Inteleon is a good Pokemon to lead with since it has access to both Soak to turn them pure Water type for False Swipe, and Taunt to prevent them from using Memento. Gallade can also learn Taunt, so be sure to teach it that to ensure safe capture
Thank you once more anon. These tips will be greatly appreciated and will keep me from wanting to bash my head in.
>>
That's it, I'm switching over to ORAs.
>>
I wanted to build a retard-proof support raider after seeing a few too many people bring electric types into the pikachu raids after I lock in or 2-3 allies boosting into unaware pokemon, but polteageist’s helpfulness drops off a lot after you’ve already skill swapped and the shields go up…
>>
Has anyone had any luck finding shiny pikachu's without any sandwiches ?
>>
>>56196081
You probably get 3 just by clearing the outbreak
>>
Bumpo
>>
>>56196081
got 6 alolan raichus in less than 10 minutes just by clearing the outbreak up to the 3rd message

sandwich's are not neccesary at all, I would go gor the blue academy dish that gives you lvl1 sparkling power if you are specially inpatient, but waste 2 herba mysticas is overkill
>>
>>56196417
>>56197399
Thank you both for the confidence I'm going to see if I can get one before they go away.
>>
I wish that herba wasn't so annoying to get.
>>
>>56198561
Pikachu raid drops good herba get to farming
>>
>>56198571
I'm not good enough to farm pikachu by myself.
>>
>>56199126
Bro your Ogerpon?
>>
>>56199133
>Bro your Ogerpon?
Don't have one... The current 'bank' crash keeps me from being able to buy the DLC.
>>
>>56199126
get an arboliva with sunny day, solar bean, growth + shell bell
you literally cant die.
>>
>>56199126
I solo it with Arboliva

Arboliva @ Covert Cloak
Tera Grass, Modest, EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD

Sunny Day
Growth
Energy Ball
Synthesis

Turn 1 set Sunny Day
Turn 2 Synthesis
Turn 3 to 5 you build up Tera charges with Energy Ball
Turn 6 Terastallize and heal again with Synthesis
Turn 7 Sunny Day
Turn 8 to 10 set up with Growth
Turn 11 to ending: spam Energy Ball until it dies

If you roll NPCs with Intimadate then Pikachu will try to spam Thunder which will get cucked when Sunny Day is up
>>
wfg has never been more alive
>>
>>56199363
>>56199379
>Arboliva
Can I use another grass type like a liligant or Venusaur instead? I'm asking because I don't have a arboliva so I will need to train one and I don't think I can do that in time.
>>
>>56199379
>>56199363
Wait I think I get it now thank you anons. I'll try my best to catch this pikachu before it leaves.
>>
>>56200418
You still have until July 25th
>>
>>56200446
>You still have until July 25th
I haven't beaten the game as of yet so I can't access the raid by myself. I might just join a random host or something.
>>
>>56200643
oh well, godspeed and good luck
>>
What’s so special about these Pikachu anyway?
>>
>>56201206
Mightiest Mark guaranteed and potential for an additional Jumbo Mark if lucky
>>
>>56201228
Eh, miss me with that.
Have fun tho.
>>
>>56201228
what?
arent sizes locked
I know for a fact the Hisui Typlosion with the Mightiest Mark will always be available to get mini mark.
That and the previous pikachu one that was bugged, it will always be average on the re run
>>
>>56202085
Oh they did fix the size in Pikachu's rerun, welp
>>
>>56202724
>effort
>>
>>56199375
I sure hope so.
>>
>doing a casual replay through of Lets Go Pikachu
>there’s no actual good ghost Pokemon for a playthrough besides the Gengar line cause Alolan Marowak’s moveset was nerfed
Truly this game captures the Gen 1 experience.
>>
>>56204454
Wasn't there like only like 3 ghost pokemon in gen 1? Makes me wonder why they made it a type at all honestly.
>>
>>56205122
Yeah, it was a while before Ghost was a truly good type and not just “Gengar is good,” Generally I think LGPE is over hated, but they should have just got rid of the physical/special split too if they were gonna restrict the move pool the way they did.
>>
Badumbo
>>
>>56205390
>but they should have just got rid of the physical/special split too if they were gonna restrict the move pool the way they did.
Agreed honestly.
>>
>>56204454
>Truly this game captures the Gen 1 experience.
There's not even the badge boost glitch
>>
I wish the kalos pokedex didn't take 8 years to open.
>>
I need to man up and actually fight that pikachu already.
>>
>>56208644
It’s just a rodent, how hard can it be?
>>
>>56198561
twitch

thats all im saying
>>
>>56209786
it just does what comes naturally
>>
Hunting the legendary birds in Kalos is cancer.
>>
>>56210736
I don't think I ever did that, but I'm also pretty sure I have like 3 spares of each in my Bank from across the games
>>
>>56210736
What birds?
The locked ones?
>>
>>56210830
>What birds?
>The locked ones?
Yeah I know they are shiny locked but I wanted to catch them for dex completion. But the sad thing is, to even have a chance to catch it you have to chase it around Kalos and encounter it 10-12 times and when you have to constantly pull up the dex (Which takes 30 years) and the damn thing keeps running off to the other part of the region by the time you get there it gets very annoying. I plan to actually hunt them in sun and moon later.

>>56210822
>I don't think I ever did that, but I'm also pretty sure I have like 3 spares of each in my Bank from across the games
Yeah I might just get them from Pokemon Yellow instead. I needed to make a new save file anyway.
>>
You guys were right about the outbreaks. Found 3 shiny pichu but the last one spawned in a wall and the only reason I noticed was because it was sleeping and the "sleep animation effects" alerted me to the pichu. Now I'm wondering how many shinies I may have missed over the course of my play through. I got so paranoid that I would run against the wall and see if any more would react. And when they poped out I used the let's go feature to confirm that they were shiny because I no longer trusted my eyes.
>>
>>56211565
Yeah, it’s horrible in the base game but it rarely ever happens in the DLC areas, especially at BBA.
>>
>>56212052
>rarely ever happens in the DLC areas, especially at BBA.
That's genuinely good to know because I'm going to get the DLC in a week or two and I would be devastated to find out that it still happened there as well.
>>
Shplort
>>
hey >>56193802 bro I found a second shiny Fo3 Inside a den, i just need one for my livingdex so... do you want it? also I got a Beast Ball Hissuian Voltorb this morning, dunno if you have it already
>>
>>56214361
Oh hey Wynn, let me know if you're ready to trade over the rest of those Vivillon
>hey bro I found a second shiny Fo3 Inside a den, i just need one for my livingdex so... do you want it?
Oh shit, yeah, I'll definitely take that of you're offering. Let me know what you'd want for it
>also I got a Beast Ball Hissuian Voltorb this morning, dunno if you have it already
I have a shiny Hisuian Voltorb I caught during the outbreak, and my Living Dex already has a Hisuian Voltorb and Electrode in Beast Ball, so no, I don't need it. Thanks anyways
>>
>>56214361
Right, some other time then. Let me know what time you're available to trade. Also, try sticking around longer than a minute after making your posts, I typically don't take too long to reply
>>
Just remember Dodonzo raid starts today.
>>
>>56215601
I'll get right on them, just have to do the Sceptile one frst
>>
>>56215601
Do these also have higher chance for herbs?
>>
>>56215808
Hopefully, but in the meantime until we get confirmation, keep farming Pikachu
>>
>>56216129
Brother I’m resetting crystal on VC for a shiny Smoochum from an odd egg.
>>
>>56216591
Funny, I actually did that too a while back because I wanted to use Jynx in my team and figured what the hell, why not, even if Jynx has pretty so-so shiny. I had like couple of hours a day to spare, but it still took me like week or so
>>
wait, did they reverted how obedience work in SV? no more cheesing with a Raidmon?
>>
>>56217792
I think it's still possible because my walking wake still listens to me even though I only have 3 badges.
>>
>>56217792
Obedience works similarly to how it does in most games, however it's now based on the level that the Pokemon was caught at, rather than its current level. If its caught level is below whatever your badges allow, it will obey you without question. Any Pokemon traded from other players that don't have your OT will instead use the level in which they were traded to you in place of the caught level. For example, a level 60 Haxorus that was caught at level 5 as an Axew will, when traded, act as though it was caught at level 60
>>
>>56217839
>other players that don't have your OT
Opposed to other players that have my OT?
>>
>>56218101
Hey, it can happen
>>
Just beat Dondozo with randoms. I used a Poliwrath with Water Absorb, and the other 3 all used Miraidons.

My contributions ended up being primarily support, using cheers and spamming Mud Slap. The Miraidons all took heavy damage, did a lot less damage than you'd think, and they all died at least once, though they also started dying a lot slower once I had time to stack up the Mud Slaps. We only barely made it.

I think this one would probably be pretty easy to do solo if you keep resetting until you get a partner with Intimidate. I also think a Cloyster with Chilling Water would make a good support if you decide to play online, 'cause Dondozo will have a had time getting through your defense stat and doesn't have a way to hit you for SE damage.
>>
Did the pokemon company ever revealed how to do the Meloetta encounter in SV?
I always thought the were just waiting for the Miku collaboration to "teach" the steps you need to follow or something.
I was delaying that catch because it felt kinda lame having to follow adatamining lead, maybe I'm just retarded.

On that topic, best ball for Meloetta? I was thinking Friend Ball since it has both green and orange colors as her forms, but not sure.
>>
>>56218558
Dream or Love.
>>
>>56218618
explain
>>
File: god is gay.jpg (37 KB, 750x404)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>56218664
No.
>>
>>56218666
pls
>>
>>56218528
I went online with Mew. I had Miraidon, Clodsire, and Umbreon.
I Reflected turn 1, Sunny Day turn 2, and from there I Solarbeam for some chip. Clodsire was using Acid Spray and all of the damage came from Miraidon. Umbreon Heal and Attack Cheered a few times. Pretty easy clear.
>>
I managed to beat Dondozo with Slowbro, though I didn't really do much but play support. Basic Stored Power strategy, though it didn't work that well since Dondozo only clears stats at 70% time, which took forever to get to and with the Miraidon fucking things up it started to get into its more troublesome moves. One of the other guys had the same idea as me, so while we didn't do much damage at least we lived long enough. Some fucking retard brought in Bellibolt against it, even though it has fucking Earthquake

>>56218618
Caught it in a Beast Ball, which is actually different for me. Usually I catch the 7* Raid Pokemon in other special balls, mainly for their color, but the Beast Ball just fits Dondozo so well I just had to
>>
>>56217171
Actual lol. Chances of us meeting are lower than regular shiny odds.
I shiny hunted several gift Pokémon like Poipole and Type:Null. I'm fine with this
>>
Does BDSP allow you to transfer from outside the Sinnoh dex from the get-go? I kinda want to finally give it a proper try, but all the Sinnoh Pokémon I truly want to use Glaceon, Tangrowth, Yanmega were only in Platinum dex.
>>
>>56219225
Yeah it should.
>>
>>56218558
Yes, well kinda. 15 years ago actually.
The encounter is based on a piece of dialog from a minor npc on BW(or was BW2?) in a kinda recluded area so its easy to miss even when back then it was just random bullshit
>>
>>56219885
NTA but I really liked that dialogue, His story about the song being from his mother who is no longer with them and then he goes on to say something like it used to be a song belonging to royalty. And then meloetta starts to instinctively dance and sing to the song as it unearths her memories and the guy is happy that they enjoyed his song. It's things like that, that I appreciate in NPC stories. And it's also one of the reasons why meloetta is one of my favorite mythicals.
>>
I'm so glad they added hyper training. I'm too attached to my XD mon to not carry them with me.
>>
>>56218558
>>56219885
There was a hint from a student in Blueberry about spinning in the wind.
>>
Bompo
>>
What's a really annoying pokemon to get in PLA that's not Spiritomb?
>>
>>56222183
Porygon I guess?
>>
>>56222183
Weavile, you need to wait for a storm and luck out a Jhoto Sneasel
>>
>>56222221
I mean I found it farely easily because of a time storm or whatever it's called but thanks.

>>56222237
>Weavile
I didn't even know weavile was in this game damn I should hurry and get one. Unless I could always trade one in from one of my other games?
>>
>>56223008
Yeah you can trade in things and they will count for the dex. I traded in a spiritomb and weavile from SV to make getting them easier. The razor claw can be purchased with merit points so it isn't too tricky to get weavile assuming you find one
>>
Bampo
>>
>>56222183
Cleffa.
Only spawns during that little ritual they do every full moon and they ran away and despawn as soon as they spot you and to make it more fucked, that area is kinda far from any resting spot so if you miss them during that night you need to spam on the camp until you hit another full moon then and only then you have to fly there again to try again.
>>
>>56223170
>Yeah you can trade in things and they will count for the dex. I traded in a spiritomb and weavile from SV to make getting them easier.
Thank God because I was not looking forward to spiritomb honestly.

>>56223988
>Cleffa.
I didn't even know full moons were a thing thanks anon. I'm just trying to get the shiny charm and this will be very good to know anon.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.