[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Got it.
Now how to level it up quickly to make Whitney's Miltank eat shit?
>>
>>56194872
that’s cheating :/
>>
>>56194872
Drowzee on the route above and below goldenrod are solid exp. Give it the rock smash HM when it hits level 10 and it can start clearing the underground and gym trainers with ease
>>
File: a_59.png (12 KB, 258x437)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>56194872
>Now how to level it up quickly to make Whitney's Miltank eat shit?
you could've just done that with your starter instead of wasting an assload of time for no reason
>>
>>56194872
tu peux faire sans, gros nul
>>
>>56194872
Just catch Dunsparce and 2HKO it with rollout instead.
>>
>>56194931
Thank you
>>56194941
Why would I need to level up to lv 30 to beat a lv 19 lmao?
>>
>>56194941
>willingly using fat and retarded bayleef when awesome heracross is right there
yuck
>>
File: IMG_6966.jpg (147 KB, 1284x797)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
I got my ass curbstomped by almost every gym leader in Johto when I was 10 and still beat Whitney on my first try without even knowing about the in-game trade to cheese her.
It wasn’t until years later that I found out she was a meme and never really understood why.

Granted, I picked Chikorita. I loved dinosaurs
>>
>>56194941
never did post the fights past Morty did you
>>
>>56194872
>SCARHINO
Why do so many French mon names go so fucking hard? Goddamn, I love it.
>>
>>56194872
By beating wild Pokemon
According to my calculations it makes more exp than making a thread on /vp/
>>
>>56194941
>using an overleveled starter
soulless retard
>>56195501
>no nickame
>grinded to level 19 even though you have a broken pokemon
soulless faggot
>>
>>56197363
Dreepy's french name mogs the english one
>Fantyrm
>>
>>56197472
Heracross can't learn fighting type move until level 19 anon.
>>
>>56195224
French spotted
>>
>>56194941
tpbp
>>
>>56194872
Hell yeah. Shame you got a female since the horn doesn't look as cool but still a really great pokemon.
>>56194941
Getting one of the coolest mons in the game isn't a waste of time at all, faggot.
>>
>>56197472
There, happy now?
>>
>>56198010
Perfect, you can keep playing
>>
>>56195571
In GSC, this trade NPC wanted an Abra for their Machop, and the Abra was a 1% encounter rate pokemon in the same fields as the Drowzee. Also if you hit the gym with the Machop at level 15 or so, it would be level 19 when facing the Miltank and if the AI didn't screw up the fight, the Miltank would spam "Stomp" and "milk drink" and you were still screwed because "Karate Chop" was a 4hko, but "stomp" was a 2 or 3hko.

Most people would grind their way to victory in GSC, but I tend to use status effects like confusion and paralysis to deal with her rollouts instead, because I don't fight wild pokemon except for to catch them, and only battle trainers if at all possible, which means I'm like 3 levels below Whitney when I get there.
>>
>>56194872
that langunage dont be spoken by white people
>>
>>56199370
>In GSC, this trade NPC wanted
Immediate contradiction since it's different between GS and Crystal.
>>
>>56197738
>one of the coolest mons in the game
We're talking about Heracross though
>>
>>56198010
reddit tier
>>
Once you get past Whitney there are only two good grinding spots in all of Gold/Silver/Crystal, and you have to beat the E4 and Kanto to get to the better of the two spots.

Route 42 has Goldeens and Seakings in the level 30-35~ range, they are pitifully easy to 1shot and give decent XP for some reason. The Goldeens primarily give Attack, Defense and Speed EVs. The Seakings HP, Attack, and Sp Attack EVs. If I'm understanding Gen 2 EVs right, I was always iffy on that.

Once you beat Kanto though, you should only grind at Mt. Silver. Inside the cave for Pokemon that are good against Rock types, and outside the cave for everyone else. Be glad you aren't playing the original release, Gen 2 has the most tedious grinding in the entire series, getting 6 pokemon to level 50+ is an accomplishment.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.