[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2.jpg (31 KB, 400x240)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
While there are many who shit on Gen 6 and X and Y What would you say X and Y did right?
>>
I think Lysandre as a villain is pretty cool and interesting even if Team Flare as a whole sucks and the story wasn't well executed. He's the Pokémon villain I most agree with
>>
>>56204955
> What would you say X and Y did right?
everything
>>
>>56204955
PSS
>>
>>56204955
Super Training made EV training fun.
>>
>>56204955
the visuals actually look similar in quality to other games on the system. pokemon amie was also great even if you dislike affection boosts, finally being able to pet our bros was great
and despite being rather small the new dex is pretty consistently of at least decent quality
>>
>>56205166
>the visuals actually look similar in quality to other games on the system
This isn't true though, Gen 6 looks like ass. Gen 7 is the one that actually looks good for the system and release time.
>>
I like the fossil Pokemon.
>>
>>56204955
A smaller but more refined set of new pokemon was a good idea after gen 5. Most of XY is forgettable but I really like the Kalos pokemon
>>
>>56205170
>This isn't true though, Gen 6 looks like ass.
genuine question but where? there's empty battle backgrounds and gym_leader.pngs for battles but i remember everything else looking passable for a 3ds game, even if you don't like the chibi art style of the overworld
>>
Serena
>>
>>56205199
It just kind of does. The geometry is really simple, it's essentially still a grid based nendoroid game. Compared to other 3DS games it's noticeably less pleasing, except for the Pokémon models themselves.
"Passable" is a fine term but you could call previous games that too.
>>
It gave us mega evolutions
>>
>>56204955
Kalos is pretty comfy region overall.
The Pokemon selection is massive.
While completely underdeveloped, there are bits and pieces of the story that could be absolute kino is put together into actually coherent thing.
Some NPC interaction is cute. I really enjoyed the old man that asks you for level 5 or lower mon because he wanted to spend his last days with cute Pokemon. And after beating E4 in his home there was Pokeball with our mon and a letter informing us that he passed away but his last moments were happy because of your Pokemon.
Also really the best clothes selection in games with character customization.
>>
>>56204955
Nothing
>>
>>56204955
playing dress up and wonder trade.
>>
>>56204955
Passerby menu
Oh, god, I fucking miss it.
>>
>>56205145
Super Training is fun.
>>56205204
Extremely this.
>>
>>56204955
PSS. It was literal perfection.
>>
>>56204955
The online system is still the best they had.
The region is very pretty.
Super Training was fun.
>>
>>56206338
Oh, one more thing: great protag design. Shame that Calem had far less customization options, but they're both still really good, one of the best even. I really liked that they were a little older.
>>
>>56204955
Breeding
>>
>>56204955
It did social features right but seeing as online is dead now it does nothing right
>>
>>56205204
>>56206460
These in combination
>>
>>56204955
Fashion. Mega evos. EV training. Berry farming.
The cities and some areas like caves make me strangely nostalgic.
>>
>>56204955
Next to nothing. It resides at the bottom of the barrel of the series, together with LGPE, SwSh, and BDSP. In many ways it is worse than those for the active damage to the series we still feel.
>>
>>56206483
Predictable but still chuckled
>>
>>56205166
>the visuals actually look similar in quality to other games on the system.
Anon the 3DS had stuff like RE revelations, XY are serviceable but not impressive for the system.
>>
File: 1648524904160.jpg (53 KB, 1125x669)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>56204955
>Introduction of character customization
>Mega evolution
>Focus on a more off-road backpacking feel with routes and map design
>Horde battles
>Battle hazards
>Rollerskates
>Best online functionality ever in a pokémon game
>Best encounter rate distribution ever
>Best pokémon distribution in a single dex
>Safari zone
Arguably everything else about XY was either unfinished or completely shit due to the Gear Project siphoning resources, but the stuff it did well was straight up amazing.
>>
>>56207193
Also forgot to mention:
>Huge efforts in world-building >>56205920
>Lysandre could have been a fan favorite if he had been given the same amount of effort and spotlight as Lusamine >>56204966
>Pokémon amie >>56205166
>>
>>56207024
/thread
>>
File: 1721656385727817.webm (1.78 MB, 640x560)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB WEBM
>>56204955
Tried to push for 3D, sadly it lead to a downgrade instead of adopting MML's style
>>
File: billions must die.jpg (113 KB, 988x1356)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>56204966
>He's the Pokémon villain I most agree with
Because you're a chud
>>
>>56204955
It had a online that was peak
SUN AND MOON IM LOOKING AT YOU
>>
>>56207193
>>56207216
Good post.
In retrospect I dunno if Megas are actually a positive since it started a trend that got worse but Megas themselves were okay.
My biggest gripe is lack of a proper Elite 4 rematch. The fancy mansion isn't a good replacement. The real problem is Gen 6 should've been a stepping stone to greater things but instead it was a jump off point.
>>
>>56207353
XY was the moment Pokémon completely jumped the shark. Gen V being a second reboot for the series was already pretty ludicrous. Gen VI being set in France instead of returning to Japan only fully alienated the japanese base. When i say the 3DS era was the Dark Ages people hardly believe me, they only look at the sales margins and not the bigger picture.

Just look at the barest amount of respect the series got during that time, compared to now when they're at full speed and going incredibly strong.
>>
>>56207733
>fully alienated the japanese base
Japs love France though
>>
>>56204955
The pace of the first 2 or 3 gyms is fantastic.
It seems like they just stop giving a shit on everything after you get the forced shillcario but it’s brilliant before then.

I also recognize that to date it still has the best customization options (for females MCs) by far.

Megas are also absolutely brilliant and should have continued to this day.
>>
>>56207820
This. The game needed to have 50 routes.
>>
>>56207766
Doesn't matter. Japanese franchise with japanese design sensibilities, a main audience that is japanese and with japanese expectations. BW was already being called a Kusoge before even coming out because it was the first with a region based outside Japan. Yo-kai Watch took the japanese kiddy audience by storm while XY was launching.
>>
>>56207832
YWNBJ
>>
>>56207832
Yo-kai Watch being the quitessential japanese suburban kid game that it is killed Pokémon in Japan. While it would never be able to kill it worldwide for obvious reasons, that's just stupid to even think about, it's proof enough that XY was terrible for Pokémon's reputation. Remember how quick everyone was to jump back into the Hoenn remakes hype train because they were left so starved of content by Kalos.
>>
>>56207832
> Japanese franchise with japanese design sensibilities, a main audience that is japanese and with japanese expectations

Lol, Kalos is literally a big stereotype on how japanese see French.
The entire storyline about how "beauty is important" is a big part how japanese people dream of French
How this alienate the japanese fanbase?
>>
Surprised no one had mentioned the berry mutation galore

>>56207216
>Lysandre could have been a fan favorite if he had been given the same amount of effort and spotlight as Lusamine
heck. they could have mix diantha and lysandre in one character (villainess boss champion obsessed with beauty and inmaterial ideal) and you have a good plot/fanservice(?) and in-game reason to become champion
>inb4 gen 5 whiners
there's a diference between villain and antagonist
>>
File: Pain from behind.png (96 KB, 301x232)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>56204955
It laid the groundwork for some features that other games would take for themselves like easier EV training, trainer customization, wonder trade, fairies, expanded online features like the GTS, QoL breeding mechanics, horde battles, etc. But to be fair to it, there is no beating the PSS or its berry mutation system. Fuck. I miss PSS so much. Now it is kill.

I'd say that of all the modern games though, XY was the most "You had to be there" kind of game, and no pokemon games that aren't named Go or Red and Blue captured that same atmosphere. Everyone around the globe got to take the first step at the same time. The first couple of months after the launch of XY were kino. Coming back to it years after the honeymoon period was...unfulfilling, to say the least.
>>
>>56207919
Because that shit doesn't matter and is not the point lmao. Up until then all games were set in Japan. Then BW changed that and it wasn't well received. And then XY did it too, on top of being an unfinished game. This isn't about how new regions are designed with a "tourist sense", it's about how XY was part of Game Freak's process of changing the series into a global identity, while at the same time not being a well made game.
>>
>>56208097
XY wasn’t unfinished though.
>>
File: 1702434929341125.png (648 KB, 958x1230)
648 KB
648 KB PNG
>>56208103
lol
lmao
>>
>>56208115
Glad you agree.
>>
>>56208128
I, and most of the fans, disagree XY was very blatantly unfinished.
>>
>>56208219
>me and my reddit friends think it’s unfinished so that means it’s unfinished!
Not how it works, sagie.
>>
>>56208223
>people point out reasons it's unfinished and I parrot and deflect while denying what's right in front of me for over a decade, so that mean's it's finished
Not how it works, yawnie.
>>
>>56208229
“They didn’t sell me the game again with a different thing on the box” isn’t a reason the game is unfinished, sagie.
>>
>>56208255
Never even mentioned Z, yawnie. They could have just finished XY, but they didn't. Your denial means nothing.
>>
>>56208128
It isn't speculation, assumption, or even a guess, it's fact. Gear Project killed a lot of stuff they were thinking of bringing into the game:
>What's the deal with the Anistar dial?
>What's with the Terminus Cave?
>What about Diance and Magearna? And Volcanion?
>Why they didn't get their own events?
>Why Magearna got pushed to ORAS even though she's blatantly a Kalos mon?
>Why Zygarde's forms debut in Alola instead of Gen VI?

Diancie, Magearna, Hoopa, Zygarde... Gen VI is the only generation that has so much of the content that you THINK would appear on a re-release scattered all over the place so nonsensically, across MULTIPLE gens.
>>
>>56208468
>Gear Project
qrd?
>>
>>56208975
Some project Game Freak devised in order to shift attention from Pokémon development-wise: they wanted to be known for, and have other meaningful IPs, setting Pokémon aside.
It shifted their internal dev teams in such a way that it ended up damaging priorities in the forthcoming years. Z not releasing is generally attributed to it.
>>
File: Valerie and me.jpg (112 KB, 1125x1125)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>56204955
It made me find my wife
>>
>>56204955
hunting for mega stones or the pokemon after receiving a stone was incredibly fun and what basically kept me playing in that gen
was hoping they recapture that feeling with ultra beast but they turned out to just be at the end of a corridor
>>
>>56204955
1. Despite having a small dex, majority of the Pokémon in it actually looked good and some even were competitively viable.

2. Good looking locations. I personally didn't like the exploration much, a lot of the routes were simple with few side areas, however they still had catchy music and interesting Pokémon variety.

3. PSS and other bottom screen features. The PSS was easy to use and looked cool. Super Training was fun and Amie was an interesting concept.

4. Exp Share functioning like Exp All from Gen 1. While it did often lead to overlevelling, you could always turn it off. Sad that later gens removed the option to turn it of.

5. While the overall story was pretty mediocre, I still enjoyed a lot of the characters, like Lysandre, Sycamore and AZ.

6. Some of the coolest Legendaries.

7. Mega Evolution is an interesting gimmick even if it was done a little poorly, I mean there's only like 4 mandatory battles that use it, I would have made the last few Gym Leaders and the E4 use it.

8. Battle Maison, while being one of the easiest facilities, has one of the best asthetics of any battle facility in the series.

My only big complaint was the brainless difficulty.
>>
>>56204955
Nothing.
>>
>>56204966
Lysandre is literally just shitty Cyrus but with red hair
>>
>>56209992
>majority of the Pokémon in it actually looked good
Lmao.
>>
>>56210017
I think a good portionn of them are good looking, especially Fiarro.
>>
>>56210010
They are almost opposites; Cyrus thinks the world is completely shit and beyond saving in any way, so the only solution is to literally redesign reality from scratch, while Lysandre thinks the world is wonderful and bad actors are ruining it, and that removing those bad actors is desirable.
I specifically agree with him that human nature and life at large implies suffering and that we are inherently predisposed to causing misery, so efforts of altruism can only ever have temporary benefit. I also agree with him that the best way to proceed is to eliminate 99% of humanity and repopulate it with only the best stock, to make it more intelligent and conscientous, in hopes of eventually remedying these shortcomings of human nature.
Unfortunately XY is shit.
>>
>>56210000
>Nothing.
>0000
based nihilistic quads
>>
I think BW were better but XY were still cool.
>>
>>56210037
>Fiarro
It's called Talonflame, Bernd-kun.
>>
>>56208261
>They could have just finished XY,
They did.

>>56208468
>”It’s fact”
>proceeds to ask a bunch of irrelevant questions that are already answered in the game
You not paying attention != the game being unfinished
>>
>>56208468
I always assumed they were saving that for Z or whatever.
>>
>>56210267
It felt like RS and DP

Unfinished and in need of a third version. Too bad XY never got the Z it so deserved.
>>
>>56210306
>It felt
This tells me that you’re a braindead patternfag, not that the game is unfinished.
>>
>>56210310

I'm not a braindead patternfag.

I don't mean unfinished in the literal sense but more like there was other stuff that the game should have had but it never ended up getting.
>>
>>56210327
>but more like there was other stuff that the game should have had
Like what?
>>
>>56210327
>>56210310
Also fun fact: Xerneas and Yveltal have the exact same stat spread because life and death are equal.
>>
>>56210329
Just more answers to the many mysteries it left behind.

Like the Anistar Sundial for example. What even is it?

The power plant. I've heard many people state it felt incomplete, seeing as you only visit a small segment of it. I agree.

Should have also gotten an update that adds the new megas and primals and stuff in ORAS.
>>
>>56210354
>Like the Anistar Sundial for example. What even is it?
Have you tried playing the game while paying attention?

>The power plant. I've heard many people state it felt incomplete
Have you tried playing the game while paying attention?

>Should have also gotten an update that adds the new megas and primals and stuff in ORAS
Why? They’re different games.
>>
>>56204955
This is probably a shitty answer but I really liked the roller skates
>>
>>56208103
Yes it is, stop lying to yourself.
>>
>>56210895
No it isn’t, stop lying to yourself.
>>
File: Kalosperm.jpg (882 KB, 5002x951)
882 KB
882 KB JPG
>>56210055
>They are almost opposites
>>
>>56210466
So the sundial and inaccessible contributes nothing and leads no where. Got it.
>Why should XY not half ass their introduced feature? They're different games!
Thanks for admitting you're a retard.
>>56210898
Yes it is. You denying every instance doesn't mean it's not unfinished.
>>
>>56210898
Ok, feel free to live telling yourself a lie then, why should i care.
>>
File: 1704043601638867.png (223 KB, 1300x446)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>56210993
Don't mind me, just fixing Lysandre's team. I honestly don't know his character, I think he's a noble upperclass nazi that wants to kill all ugly people and digs fashion.

I figured Mega Banette would be better than Mega Houndoom because dolls=tailoring=fashion and there's the thematic thingy of a puppetmaster having a puppet as his Mega.
>>
>>56211016
> So the sundial and inaccessible contributes nothing and leads no where
Play the game again and actually pay attention to it this time.
>>
>>56204955
In total I don't like the game but it had some quality extraneous features like PSS, amie, wondertrading, and player customization, and megas are my favorite out of the battle gimmicks. Super training and the berry farming experiments were also interesting although not something I feel the loss of
On a personal level gen 6 was also the only time I was particularly into competitive, so I must say I'm nostalgic for the meta and smogon shitposting of the time. Many smogon swords, bravest birds, and mega moms.
>>
>>56210993
>discuss ideology
>inbred retard posts their teams and accuses me of being a "kalosperm" despite saying XY is shit in the post
You must think you made a really big discovery here
>>
>>56211466
I did. Now show me what they contribute to the XY story and if they lead to anywhere. I'm not accepting a "trust me bro, they're important".
>>
>>56204955
>What would you say X and Y did right?
I guess the pss? Granted it was just the cgear but online.
>>
>>56207855
Ironically, Yokai Watch did its own game set in burgerland (Half, anyway, you can still go to Japan), and it kind of did tank the franchise overseas.
People shit on Unovamons but the American Yokai in that game are almost all genuinely garbage. The game itself was pretty fun but let down by wasted potential in the plot
>>
>>56207855
>Yo-kai Watch being the quitessential japanese suburban kid game that it is killed Pokémon in Japan.
No, even at the height of its popularity it never knocked pokemon off the top spot in Japan.
>>
>>56204955
Transition to 3D instead of half-assed sprite tweening
>>
>>56212195
hi yawnfag
>>
>>56207832
>>56208097
ywnbj
>>
>>56212096
>but the American Yokai in that game are almost all genuinely garbage.
tell me they are at least based on american cryptide
>>
>>56212226
No, it's all stuff based on what Japan thinks american culture is like so it ends up being yokai like fast food and baseball related stuff. They don't even have mothman.
>>
>>56212096
Post them.
>>
File: vomit-cup.gif (2 MB, 356x400)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>>56212245
oh god these are fucking horrible
>>
>>56204955
>onlineshit
>amie
>the pokedex
>some sidequests
>the anime
>>
>>56211827
>I did
No you didn't.
>>
>>56212295
>>onlineshit
I mean, most of that came from gen 5.
>>
>>56212354
>I mean,
Still spreading your retarded delusions, huh chronotriggerfag?
>>
>>56212382
Where'd you even get chronotrigger from, bubsyfag?
>>
>>56212350
Yes I did. Now show me what they contribute to the XY story and if they lead to anywhere. I'm not accepting a "trust me bro, they're important". Until you do that, they are unfinished concepts with no actual justification.
>>
>>56212382
>chronotriggerfag
What?
>>
>>56212642
Some anon who said Gen 6 was shit was asked what JRPGs he liked. Chrono Trigger is bad and wrong to enjoy because uhhhhhh
>>
>>56204955
Serena.
And I really like the visuals of the game
>>
>>56204955
>What would you say X and Y did right?
Roller skates
Outfits
Shiny hunting
PSS
>>
>>56210295
Z didn't happen precisely because of gear project lmao, all the stuff got pushed into the next generation instead
>>
>>56212520
>Yes I did
No you didn’t.

>>56214467
There was never going to be a Z version.
>>
>>56210993
So ironic that Masuda's retardation is what cause the beginning of XY to be so good. Honestly it's one of the strongest introductions to a mainline game, it just gets so much shit out of the way. It's the best part of the game, sad the rest of the game is straight up unfinished.
>>
>>56214489
>if I keep saying it’s unfinished it will eventually be true
>>
>>56214495
see>>56208229
>>
>>56210339
>Also fun fact: Xerneas and Yveltal have the exact same stat spread because GF was extremely fucking lazy in Gen 6 and rushed the game severely
FTFY
>>
>>56215510
Johtobros? Typhlosionbros? How do we resbond?
>>
>>56215663
just had to bump this up for your retarded genwar shit huh
>>
>>56215667
bumb
>>
>>56204955
I thought Amie was a good idea because you can interact with your bros but they had to ruin it by tying it to ez mode bonuses.
Next time I will use PKHeX to disable them, imagine editing your save to make the game "harder" of all things.
>>
>>56215812
It’s a Pokemon game. It’s already easy mode by default.
>>
>>56204955
Kalos is super comfy. At the time, the routes felt small, but they were good enough and had variety.
The dex of 450 was brilliant and made for high replayability.
Megas are cool.
>>
>>56215818
Sure, but what if I don't want affection bonuses in battle making the experience worse for me? Should I just not touch Amie at all despite liking the feature otherwise?
>>
>>56215663
>games with two regions and abundance of content
>>
The berry fields. Having just one place to grow berries, being able to crossbreed berries and then crossbreed those berries to get rare berries, that was pretty great.
>>
>>56215510
>games with 700+ carefully animated pokemon and abundance of content
>>
>>56215930
>games where the devs outsources all model and animation creation for pokemon because of their laziness, and that OTHER company only had to work for the new roster, as all of the previous models were imported from the pokepark and pokedex 3D games from effort completed the previous generation and touched up
Yes, they're lazy in Gen 6.
>>
>>56204955
It managed to have all the pokemon despite completely changing styles.
Even if it did kill some models with skybattles.

The online was probably one of the best in the series, the variety in pokemon early on is fantastic. Character customisation was great.
And up to the 2nd gym is great fun. Then it felt kinda smashed together. Just sort of, gym gym gym, done.
>>
>>56215948
>the game is lazy because developers worked on it instead of developers
huh?
>>
>>56215954
The argument started with stats, which gamefreak makes. the argument is that GAMEFREAK specifically is lazy. Even then, that post explained how creatures was also lazy and doesn't deserve the credit you gave them in gen 6
>>
>>56215962
>the argument is that GAMEFREAK specifically is lazy
No, the argument is that the game is lazy. Why are you moving goalposts?
>>
>>56216004
>the argument is that the game is lazy
Which it is. Using effort from other games is lazy. Copy pasting stat spreads for cover legendaries is lazy. You still did not refute this.
>>
>>56216134
>Using effort from other games is lazy
No other game has XY's models and animations.

>Copy pasting stat spreads for cover legendaries is lazy
Copy pasting Charizard's entire stat spread is even lazier.
>>
>>56216142
>No other game has XY's models and animations.
They were mostly taken from Pokepark games and Pokedex 3D games and touched up. The credit you gave them here>>56215930 for making them does not apply in the same way as >>56215834
>even lazier
How?
>>
>>56216162
>They were mostly [FANFIC]
zzz
>>
>>56216162
>They were mostly taken from Pokepark games and Pokedex 3D games and touched up
[citation needed]
>How?
Xerneas and Yveltal have a thematic reason to share the same stats. Charizard and Typhlosion don't.
>>
>>56216172
>>56216178
Why would they make new models from scratch? A lot of the animatons are direct posts as well. You need a source they DIDN'T do this.
>thematic reason
doesn't change ethe laziness factor
Even then that thematic reason is forced by you and never stated anywhere
>>
>>56216190
>I-I don't need to post the source! YOU need to post the source!
ah yes classic sagefag tactic

>doesn't change ethe laziness factor
yes it does
>>
>>56216196
>tactic
Anon how would that even be proven? It's common sense. Just LOOKING at the model's, they're nearly the same with identical animations ported and some small tweaks. Until GF outright says they made new models, there is no proof for this, which you'll consider to say anyway while not having any logical proof on your side like I do
>yes it does
How does coming up with a laziness justification after being lazy change the fact that the devs were lazy?
>>
>>56205910
stay mad it ain't unova's fault that their region exclusive mons keep beating your poketeams git gud LOL
>>
>>56216211
>Anon how would that even be proven?
By providing a source for how they developed the game.

>How does coming up with a laziness justification after being lazy
Intentionally designing the legendaries to mirror eachother != laziness
>>
>>56216324
>By providing a source for how they developed the game.
The game has models. the previous game has models. The models are identical in all but small changes. Most animations are ported over because they're identical. There is nothing showing the models are new. That's my proof. You, in the meantime, are asserting they are new models from scratch and were the first one to give XY credit for the existence of the models and the animations with ZERO poof and ZERO logic.
>it's SUPPOSED to be lazy?
All cover legendaries are reflective of one another in different ways. None of them have lazy stats.
>>
>>56214474
>>56216162
>>56216190
>>56215510
>>56214474
>>56212350
>>56211016
>>56210354
>>56210000
ENOUGH!! we finally have pokemon Z in the form of legends ZA and I Will not allow you kalos slander tards ignore it once it comes out in the coming real not rushed late dev oven prepare to get BTFO'D hard :)
>>
>>56216397
>The game has models
Which you won’t provide a source for how they were developed.
> All cover legendaries are reflective of one another in different ways.
And the different way XY’s legendaries are reflective of each other are their stats.
>>
Kalos' 400+ regional dex (which was more than half of all the Pokémon at that time!) gives the game a ton of replay value. You can have two playthroughs with entirely different teams, and imo that's very fun.
I also think that the games are very pretty, at least subjectively. Kalos does feel like a very beautiful region. It's such a shame that the change to HD made Gen 8 and 9 ugly as hell, because Pokémon games can look quite nice. Even on an emulator, the graphics still hold up.
Hell, the region design was pretty solid, too. Gen 6 level design has more in common with Gen 5 level design than with Gen 7 level design, because it's still tile-based. The routes are fun to traverse, and all the places you go through are very memorable. It all feels so comfy.
It's a shame that Kalos never got its Z version, unlike Sinnoh and Platinum, because it could've been peak kino.
Also, it introduced my favorite Pokémon. Really, all Kalos Pokémon are quite well designed. There isn't one that isn't at least decent.
>>
>>56204955
Introducing character customization, having a large roster to use, being able to interact with Pokemon with Amie, PSS, Super Training, and Exp Share for being able to train up low level mons faster.
>>
>>56216510
>source
The game has models. the previous game has models. The models are identical in all but small changes. Most animations are ported over because they're identical. There is nothing showing the models are new. That's my proof. You, in the meantime, are asserting they are new models from scratch and were the first one to give XY credit for the existence of the models and the animations with ZERO poof and ZERO logic.
>And the different way XY’s legendaries are reflective of each other are their stats.
Which is lazy, yes. Making one stat spread is objectively less effort than making two.
>>
>>56216875
>The game has models
Which you won’t provide a source for how they were developed.
>Which is lazy, yes
Doing something which makes sense isn't laziness. If you want to see actual laziness go look at the Unova genies.
>>
>>56216893
>source
Again I don't need to. You do.
The game has models. the previous game has models. The models are identical in all but small changes. Most animations are ported over because they're identical. There is nothing showing the models are new. That's my proof. You, in the meantime, are asserting they are new models from scratch and were the first one to give XY credit for the existence of the models and the animations with ZERO poof and ZERO logic. Try actually engaging with the argument instead of dodging.
>IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LAZY
okay then several Kamis looking like several Kamis isn't lazy. Even they have unique stat spreads, along with every box duo, which still have dichotomy but not stat spread copy-paste laziness like Xerneas/Yveltal do.
>>
>>56216911
>I-I don't need to backup my arguments
Then I have no reason to take you seriously.
>IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LAZY
Doing something that makes sense != laziness.
>>
>>56216913
>I don't need to backup my arguments
I already backed up my argument, which was a refutation of you giving credit to XY for the models when YOU have no proof it deserves that credit.
The game has models. the previous game has models. The models are identical in all but small changes. Most animations are ported over because they're identical. There is nothing showing the models are new. That's my proof. You, in the meantime, are asserting they are new models from scratch and were the first one to give XY credit for the existence of the models and the animations with ZERO poof and ZERO logic. Try actually engaging with the argument instead of dodging.
>makes sense
This doesn't change the laziness factor. Making one stat spread is objectively less effort than making two. Therefore, they were lazy.
>>
>>56216934
>I already backed up my argument,
Nope, because you’re making fanfics about how the models were made.

>This doesn't change the laziness factor
Yes it does.
>>
>>56216940
>you’re making fanfics
How are they fanfics? It's step by step, observation by observation, and you refuse to engage with it. again, how do you know they created new models from scratch? I'll post the logic again so you can respond:
>yes it does
How? Making one stat spread is objectively less effort than making two. Therefore, they were lazy.
>>
>>56216951
>How are they fanfics?
Because you don’t know how the games were developed.
>How?
Because they consciously did something that makes sense.
>>
>>56216955
>Because you don’t know
Neither are you when you praise them for creating something that you don't know they created from scratch for that game or not. Burden of proof is on you because you made the initial claim.
>they consciously did something that makes sense
How does making sense take away from the laziness factor? Making one stat spread is objectively less effort than making two. Therefore, they were lazy. They could have just made BSTs equal like every other box pair, but they chose laziness.
>>
>>56216963
>Neither are you
My stance isn’t dependent on the development details of the game. Yours are.
> How does making sense take away from the laziness factor?
Because they had to put thought into making it make sense.
>>
>>56216968
>My stance isn’t dependent on the development details of the game
Yes it is. You're giving the game credit for things that might not have even been created for it.
>they put though into it
How does putting in thought take away from the laziness factor? Making one stat spread is objectively less effort than making two. Therefore, they were lazy. They could have just made BSTs equal like every other box pair and drive the same point home, but they chose laziness.
>>
It definitely made online actually fun and easy to use. If we're talking things it does uniquely or still works, there isn't much that ORAS or later games don't do equally well or better. It's in that same weird state as DP or Platinum where it was really innovative at the time but every other game stole it's lunch money leaving just the campaign. At least XY's campaign is just mediocre at worst, DP is just fucking awful.
>>
>>56204955
The online and character customization options were top notch and still the best out of any Pokémon game.
>>
Unpopular opinion: customization is THE most overrated feature in the series. Most of EVERY other feature in the series are all more meaningful than customization and playing dress up in a game that's about Pokemon, yet required relatively large amount of work for modeling where they could include these others. Would you be in favor of more features that are purely aesthetic, take a lot of resources, and have nothing to do with the pokemon and the rest of the game similar to customization? Would you want a human daycare simulator? Baby simulator? You'd probably call these "muh objective improvements" in a vacuum but they just take away from the game completely while eating up any precious resources of dev time and effort to relatively meaningless crap. On top of that, it really ruined MC design.
>>
>>56217384
yes
>>
>>56217397
Yes as in i agree or yes as in I support random irrelevancies in the game leeching dev time?
>>
>>56217400
yes as in I care more about how I can customize my character in a general, well made Pokémon game, over whatever pointless new gimmick Game Freak fancies to add to the already well designed gameplay.
>>
>>56217406
>I play for the wrong reasons and demand people who like the games for the right reasons get less relevant features
so you're a retard. got it
>>
>>56217384
The games are about your relationship with your Pokemon where as you train and battle with them, you grow stronger connections.
If customization allows for a better personalization of your character and can you make better self-insert as the player, then I think it was a good use of development time. I personally don't think things like the PSS would have as good of a reception if it only had two icons or used generic trainer sprites.
The examples of the daycare and baby simulators are more strawmen as they have no real connection to the ethos of Pokemon.
>>
>>56217384
I guarantee the only reason you’re saying this is because the DS games don’t have it. If Gen 5 had trainer customization you would just be using it as another example of how it’s le heckin peak of the series.
>>
>>56217384
I agree. They should stop developing all the other features I don't use too, such as the battle frontier. They should also replace the pokemon with ascii symbols so they don't have to spend time designing and animating them.
>>
>>56217421
NTA but I can't self-insert when the character is 12 though. I'm fucking 33. I can only LARP either way.
>>
>>56217421
I am that anon and I see your point. I just tend to have a ranking of features that tends to make a feature better when they immerse me in the world and what's different about it. I don't like sandwiches, for example. yes it interacts with Pokemon, but most of it just feels like an unrelated game. As opposed to something like Pokestar, which is a minigame but it uses the battle system in a clever way that doesn't just tell you win win win. Maybe I'm articulating this the wrong way but it's okay.
>>
>>56217431
That's fair. PBR was smart to have different body types, and I hope in the future that Game Freak can make narratives that can be viable with different age groups.
>>
>>56217425
customization goes hand in hand with the 3D transition. So yes, if Gen 5 was literally just Gen 6, I would hate Gen 5.
>>56217426
Again, some features are less relevant than others. I'm not saying put less total effort you schizo. I'm saying redirect to relevant features.
>>
>>56217443
It would already help a lot if the MC was 16-18. It's especially weird cause in SV, all the rivals/friends were definitely older than the MC. Why are they hanging out with a 12-13 year old kid? Weird choice.
>>
>>56217420
Who are you to decide what are the wrong or right reasons to like a game? I feel the more I can personalize my trainer, the more fun I can have when playing and building my team to express myself through my playthrough, making the game more fun. The core gameplay is already well designed enough as it is, what more do you ask for?
>>
Its roster of catchable pokemon is massive. Its a plus atleast.
>>
>>56217446
> customization goes hand in hand with the 3D transition
Gen 4 and 5 didn’t have customization despite being 3D because they were rushed, so clearly not.
>>
>>56217482
>Who are you to decide what are the wrong or right reasons to like a game?
Some features are more relevant than others. I think Pokemon game features should be related to pokemon.
>>
>>56217493
>despite being 3D
I was reffering to the 3D transtion that heppened with MCs because I was discussing customization, retard. This was XY.
>because they were rushed
Projecting much?
>>
>>56217435
It's fine to prefer different features or believe that Game Freak should prioritize things over others. For example, I would personally trade everything related to customization if it meant for enhanced difficulty and dungeon crawling gameplay, but in reality it doesn't really work that way. Pokemon has an extremely wide fanbase who all want different things out of it and has to consider these things

>>56217446
I think the idea that if Game Freak were to stop customization, then it would mean everything else got better is inaccurate. The 3D modeler who is responsible for sculpting all the dresses and hats isn't going to be the person you go to make a battle facility. They're paid their salary to do the job they were hired for, and it's up to the game design team to create the content you're after. And reasonably speaking, in spite of having customization, they're still making the effort to try and reinvent the normal Pokemon formula with games like PLA and SV for better or for worse.
>>
>>56217502
I agree. Trainer customization is a good feature because it relates to customizing my Pokemon trainer, who catches and trains Pokemon. PokeStar Studios is a shit feature because it relates to making movies, which is utterly unrelated to Pokemon.
>>
>>56205138
Third post best post. Every online system GameFreak has made after this has been vastly inferior and still angers me to this day that they got rid of it.
>>
>>56210055
Except that Lysandre is an idiot who didn't quality control his people. Team Flare would have made a much shittier Earth if they were the only surviving humans. And his plan called for killing all Pokémon, which is retarded in a lot of ways. Mainly because he believes that the planet doesn't have the resources to support both humans and Pokémon, something which he never elaborates on or provides anything to substantiate his claim. And with how much his world benefits and thrives off of the powers of Pokémon, eliminating them all would no doubt cause more resource deficits than benefits.
>>
File: 1454362606702.png (431 KB, 640x478)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
>>56210476
Nah, you're absolutely right. I adore the way the rollerblades feel. The way you flick the thumbpad to get that burst of speed, spinning in circles until you do a trick, backflipping off of ledges. It was peak movement.
>>
>>56210476
Was looking for this comment. I love the speed it gives you, I wish they came back somehow
>>
>>56204955
Those objects in the background of wild battles that you can get items from with specific moves. Like using a wind move will knock berries from a tree, or Rock Smash will break a boulder, etc. Loved that stuff and it gave me reason to use moves like Twister.
Also tall grass being flower bushes in certain routes. Added some much appreciated variety.
>>
>>56217923
I doubt Lysandre is entirely responsible for Team Flare being shit, we're talking about French people here, there was no way this was gonna work out one way or another. His ideology in principle is still fine.
I didn't play XY in 11 years so I don't remember that resource line, from what I remember he just thinks Pokémon are unacceptable because they are tools of war. It's a drastic conclusion but I don't really care.
>>
>>56205940
If you can't think of one positive in a game then you're blinded by internet discourse
>>
>>56217384
If anything gen 6 and 7 proved they could add over 600 Pokemon in a game and still allows customization, they also had facilities.
There is no reason for gen 9 to have nothing at all.
Though to be fair I don't think customization is that important but I'm in the minority.
>>
>>56217384
this is the funniest cope post I've seen in a while.

>i-it takes away resources!
and yet XY has more fucking content than BW does.

>th-the MC design was ruined!
the male BW2 MC was literally in the last game before trainer customization was introduced.
>>
>>56204955
chain fishing remains my favorite shiny hunting method.
that's pretty much the only good thing i can say about gen 6 though.
>>
>>56219129
I want to fuck the male BW2 MC so I don't see the issue
>>
>>56217384
You picked the male MC, Kek.
>>
>>56217524
>Trainer customization is a good feature because
it's a feature that is completely isolated from the pokemon world and can seem like something unrelated
>Pokestar studios
You actually use the battle system here in an interesting way, so saying it's unrelated is retarded.
>>56219129
>fanfic revisionism about content
>not liking Nate
Yet you accuse others of coping....
>>
File: F1bOxGOWYAEAnVm.jpg (164 KB, 1200x675)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>56220361
>pokemon trainers
>isolated from the pokemon world
You're a retard.
>>
>>56220371
>you need Ash
No one's arguing to remove the MC you retard.
>>
>>56220379
No one's arguing that you're arguing to remove the MC you retard.
>>
File: 1673061418017.png (360 KB, 800x600)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>>56220371
>>
>>56220383
Good. So now we can get back on topic with clothes specifically. Pokemon is not a dress-up game, and your image doesn't say it is one whatsoever.
>>
>>56220386
https://time.com/archive/6951818/the-ultimate-game-freak/
You can stop coping now, sagetard.
>>
>>56220389
>Pokemon is not a dress-up game
In the higher quality games it is.
>>
>>56220392
>article provides context that he wasn't even talking about in-game trainers, but rather IRL competition between trainers using link cables
Thanks for proving his quote doesn't support your article in the slightest. The focus of the games isn't the trainer's clothes.
>>
>>56220400
>article provides context that he wasn't even talking about in-game trainers,
Except it is.
>>
>>56220395
>newer games are higher quality
lol
So are you in favor of Pokemon introducing other features completely disconnected from what makes the Pokemon world special? Human baby-raising perhaps? A mini game where you vacuum your house without any connection to Pokemon whatsoever? You'd say these are increases in quality but they're wasteful, just like excessive customization.
>>
>>56220404
>Except it is.
No it isn't. It's talking about IRL competition between trainers using link cables
>>
>>56220405
>So are you in favor of Pokemon introducing other features completely disconnected from what makes the Pokemon world special?
No, I'm not in favor of nonsense filler content like Pokestar Studios.
>>
>>56220407
Yes it is. It's talking about the importance of trainers in the world of Pokemon.
>>
>>56220408
>nonsense filler content like (mini game directly tied to battle system and reinforces the pokemon in the games)
Stop being retarded and answer the question:
Are you in favor of Pokemon introducing other features completely disconnected from what makes the Pokemon world special? Human baby-raising perhaps? A mini game where you vacuum your house without any connection to Pokemon whatsoever? You'd say these are increases in quality but they're wasteful, just like excessive customization.
>>
>>56220412
>It's talking about the importance of trainers in the world of Pokemon.
Anon, read the article. When he says trainers, he's LITERALLY referring to IRL competition between trainers using link cables. You can die on this hill if you'd like, but anyone ITT can read the link for themselves and realize you're full of shit.
>>
>>56220415
> Are you in favor of Pokemon introducing other features completely disconnected from what makes the Pokemon world special?
No, I'm not in favor of nonsense filler content like buying furniture for a Villa.
>>
>>56220418
> he's LITERALLY referring to IRL competition between trainers using link cables
No, he’s referring to trainers in general. Otherwise he wouldn’t be using Ash as an example, you illiterate dumbfuck.
>>
>>56220420
I agree, the house customization should be more related to the pokemon world. Now answer the question:
Are you in favor of Pokemon introducing other features completely disconnected from what makes the Pokemon world special? Human baby-raising perhaps? A mini game where you vacuum your house without any connection to Pokemon whatsoever? You'd say these are increases in quality but they're wasteful, just like excessive customization.
>>
>>56220421
>Otherwise he wouldn’t be using Ash
He's using Ash as the example to talk about competition. No where does it say anything about them having unique designs or clothes. He's likening the player to Ash.
>>
>>56220422
>Now answer the question:
I already answered you twice, sagefag.
>>
>>56220427
>I already answered
No, you invented a tangential question nd answered your own question instead.
Now answer the question:
>>
File: mr. mime's long day.png (300 KB, 595x593)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
>>56219129
>>56220361
>>56220371
>>56220379
>>56220383
>>56220389
>>56220392
>>56220400
>>56220404
>>56220407
>>56220412
>>56220418
>>56220421
Just kiss eachother and shut up you faggots
>>
>>56220425
> He's using Ash as the example to talk about competition
He’s using Ash as the example because he’s talking about how important trainers are in the context of Pokemon.

If you have even a basic familiarity of the franchise you should understand this, and the only reason you’re denying it is because you’re a disingenuous retard who has to downplay literally anything that exists in gen 6+ out of your seething hatred of those games’ higher quality.
>>
>>56220430
>No, you invented a tangential question
No, my answer to your question was pretty clear.
>>
>>56220435
>he’s talking about how important trainers are in the context of Pokemon
Key words: in the context of Pokemon
It's important to depict trainers because they bond with Pokemon
It's important to depict trainers doing activities with Pokemon.
It's important to depict trainers when they face against powerful Pokemon
It's important to depict trainers alongside their pokemon navigating the world of Pokemon
NONE of this implies shilling features that are completely disconnected from Pokemon, like trainer customization, like the poster of that image attempted to imply.
>>
File: poke_dialogue.png (50 KB, 155x164)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
Mega Evolutions were grate we need more of them especially for Hypno and Benomoth and of course Dewgong. XY did nothing wrong it was the best iteration of Pokemon next to Gen 1 and this fact makes billions of pokenerds seethe
>>
>>56220442
>my answer to your question was pretty clear
You didn't answer the given quastion though. You introduced other examples and answered those instead.
>>
>>56220450
This post >>56220408 clearly says “no” in response to your question, sagefag. Which part of it isn’t clear to you?

>>56220446
>It's important to depict trainers
Exactly. Therefore it’s important to depict trainer customization.
>>
the funniest thing about sagefag is how he constantly claims pokemon is supposed to be an ARE PEE GEE yet he seethes at basic RPG features like customizing your character and shared exp simply because they exist in games that he doesn’t like
>>
>>56220470
you cant spell funeral without spelling fun
>>
Sagefag here, ama
>>
>>56220491
how many holes does your boday have asking for some fiends
>>
>>56220502
I guess the nose has two, ears are two, there's the mouth, ass and urethra, not sure if anything else technically counts
>>
>>56220535
you forgot the eyes, and the womb
>>
>>56220574
I wasn't sure if eyes count since they are like occupied
>>
>>56220583
that doesnt mean the holes are gone
>>
>>56220430
Please keep asking about the vacuum I'm almost done hnnnng

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.