[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: show.png (121 KB, 440x440)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
Which would make this thing viable?
>+40 to its offensive stats
>+40 to its defensive stats
>+50 to its HP
>+70 to its Speed
Choose only one and explain. I feel like it's stats are so half baked that it's not clear what Spidops was ever intended to do.
>>
>>56211581
Mega Evolution, or just a normal evolution but then that would kind of ruin it’s gimmick because it’s always the final stage that gets the signature move
>>
>>56211595
What if it got a signature ability that sets Sticky Web when damaged? With the extra stats put into its defences/health, it could be a half decent lead or switch-in.
>>
>>56211581
Speed would be most appreciated to make most use out of it's signature move?
Turn 1 - Silk Trap on expected contact move.
Turn 2 - Your Spidops will outspeed most shit at -1 and use U-Turn to pivot out or Taunt or setup hazards or just hit with coverage move of choice.
It still will not be high tier contender but at least it's play style would actually work on paper.
>>
>>56211650
I feel like more Speed improves most mons. Remember when M-Garchomp was used less than its un-mega form because it was slightly slower?
>>
>>56211581
I think Spidops with 119 Attack and Stakeout would be pretty good, it could revenge kill with First Impression and force switches, then hit hard with U-Turn.
>>
>>56211581
I see the combination of webs + spikes as its only unique feature. So I guess I'd buff speed. Doesn't necessarily make any sense thematically. But it's a route 1 bug with a BST of 404, what do you think it was intended to do lol.
>>
>>56211581
It literally needs the speed, HP, and attack buff simultaneously. And not even an overtuned crossgen evo would give it that many stats.
>>
>>56211703
>bst of 404
Damn, adding insult to injury
>>
Give it Prankster

Or Gale Wings but for Bug moves
>>
>>56211673
Yeah but in this case it's even more visible because you want to use it's protect clone to reduce opponent's speed and then outspeed them and use one of the few support moves... except even at -1 most Pokemon will run circles around shit with 35 speed.
>>
>>56211752
What if it had 105 speed 8n this case?
>>
>>56211581
this thing is fucking ugly. reminds me to of those long floater things kid use in pools. why is it that so many gen 9 niggers look like basic shapes that clip through each other?
>>
>>56211581
It's designed purely for in game obviously, but even then it can't really do its job of being a utilty mon due to being too fragile and slow. It has a solid support movepool with access to webs, both spikes, and knock off but it needs ways to make sure it can both set them up and not also be set up fodder. Since it's so themed around hazards give it its own version of magic bounce, it can then switch in and punish the opponent's hazards while setting up its own.
>>
>>56211967
Shape language has unironically killed character design
Making a character entirely out of one shape is more important than actually making a character and telling its story.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.