[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000000219.webm (3.48 MB, 480x542)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB WEBM
>Double battles are just autistic easy modes*
Kaizo games with double battles are a joke, since you can abuse the shit out of the AI locking them into attacking 1 immune mon while your other mon just sets up and sweeps the entire team never getting touched or stopped.
Emerald Kaizo should be remade with single battles only. All difficulty hacks should remove double battles.
*in PvE, obviously with a human opponent doubles has more strategy which is why it's preferred for competitive
>>
>Hot takes thread
You just know everyone is going to post the coldest shit imaginable
>>
>>56214793
Good way to start then
>>
>>56214787
That's staged, right?
>>
>>56214816
Probably not, but the barcode would not scan at the store, but from working retail I know we'd still sell it anyways and just scan a different one or manually do it.
>>
Megas should only ever be given to Pokemon that are at least decent on their own. Using it as a way to “buff” shitmons is absolutely retarded and doesn’t actually work 99% of the time.

This shouldn’t be a hot take but there are somehow legions of retards who think giving Megas to garbage like Ledian or Mightyena is somehow a good idea.
>>
>>56214787
campaign NPC trainer battles are the worst and most pointless part of pokemon games
>>
I think gamefreak should get rid of stupid gimmicks and just do an entire rebalancing top to bottom. Some mons have not had their stats touched literally ever from gen 1 (and abilities from gen 2). That feels stupid.
There is a reason people like rebalance hacks and there is a reason why people hate gimmick megas/maxes/regionals/moves.

Make Charizard an actually good mon instead of giving him 30 butt ugly gimmicks.
>>
>>56214866
I read the first sentence and I completely agree, but it should also only go to mon that have a complete evolutionary line, leaving more room in the future for expanded evolutions (like gen 4).
My nigga Sableye is always going to be stuck a shitmon because it's mega exists. And no, I dont want to use gaytrannysexisland regional sableye or gigadragonmaxteraearth sableye or anything else. I want Sableye to either have an evo or be good without his mega.
>>
>>56214876
Sableye isn’t a shitmon outside of fanfic trash.
>>
>>56214879
>ZU with his mega
>380 bst
Why would you not use literally any other prankster mon? Even with his immunities Sableye just get's OK'd, Klefki is much better at being a prankster wall.
>>
>>56214886
Klefki doesn’t have Quash or Will-O-Wisp or Fake Out.
>>
>>56214893
So? None of those make it worth bringing a shitter that cant take a hit
>>
A pokemon's movepool should only be as limited as what they can learn and the game should run off of a stamina/energy/mana system instead of PP
>>
>>56214995
Also trim the fat on all the moves that are basically the same but worse. No we dont need 8 different versions of tackle.
>>
>>56214897
It can take a hit though. Stop being bad at the game.
>>
>>56214787
OP should be in prison for posting that.
>>
>>56214787
nah doubles should stay. the problem with ek doubles is you can cheese most of the hard ones with boom strats. winona still takes some skill and isn't always parasect = win
>>
>>56215029
You can cheese them all simply by abusing AI. All it takes is for 1 mon to be damaged the right way or have guaranteed ohkos or holding a specific item to make the enemy AI attack that mon, then you send in another mon that can tank those hits (or immune them), that the AI also sees a kill or threat on. Just the fact you can do this essentially just turns the double battle into a single battle where you get to take multiple turns setting up dances or screens or sneaky stones/spikes or x items or healing or whatever your heart desires while the AI stares at your mon going "huuh"?
>>
>>56214876
>I want Sableye to be good
Stop playing fanfic metas
>>
>>56215207
it has a lower bst than munchlax it's not going to suddenly be good because you try to use it in vgc
>>
>>56215207
It's not good in the base game either though, nor in any romhacks that dont change his stats. If you are playing PVE any mon that isnt an unbreakable wall or unstoppable force is worthless. And in competitive much of the same is true, but with some variance. None of that variance includes Sableye. Also kill yourself
>>
>>56214787
Having a new battle gimmick each generation is a good thing. The fact that the ones we got have been varying degrees of ass is not a point to the contrary.
>>
>>56214874
>Some Mons haven’t had stat changes since Gen 1
Absolutely false, every Gen 1 Pokémon has had a stat change due to the Special split in Gen 2.
>And abilities from Gen 2
Abilities were introduced in Gen 3.
>>
>>56215349
I feel like gimmick needs to be defined better. Are abilities gimmicks? They feel like part of the pokemon as if they should have always been there. What constitutes something that is balance and something that is a gimmick?
I think gimmicks are something that doesnt have to stick around. Like megas, they exist, but they dont always need to exist, while abilities have not been missing from a game since their introduction.

So then, gens 1-5, arguably the best gens of the series, had 0 battle gimmicks. No double battles and triple battles aren't gimmicks, they are just different ways to play and dont change how your pokemon acts on a fundamental level.
>>
>>56214787
Doubles is "preferred" for competitive because it results in the fastest possible battle that still allows for reserve Pokemon. When you have a couple thousand people in a physical space for the weekend, they want your battles over quickly.
>>
>>56215371
>every Gen 1 Pokémon has had a stat change
Not Mew :^)
>>
Rotation Battles were objectively the best way to play.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.