[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Giovanni.jpg (301 KB, 996x861)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
>Be Giovanni
>Be one of the most famous and feared mob bosses around
>End up being forced out of Kanto as you are wanted by every police department as well as the international police as you are deemed one of the most wanted men in the world
>Just stroll into Unova and casually take part in the Pokemon world tournament without anyone caring

How did he get away with this?
>>
>>56215028
Da boss does what da boss wants
>>
>>56215028
This is just an average Pokémon trainer sharing the same name. Giovanni wears a signature formal suit emblazoned with a red R for Rhydon, his ace.
>>
>>56215028
It’s funny how Giovanni goes on about being the strongest yet is always one of the easiest fights in the game.
>>
Why ground type? I get there's only so many types in the game with 11 of them being covered by the other gym leaders and E4 but it just seems such an odd choice for an evil leader
>>
>>56215820
They wanted the first pokemon to have its own gym and rock was already taken.
>>
>>56215028
'MURICA
>>
>>56215028
Damn it's almost like the PWT was just extremely lazy shoehorned nostalgia pandering and didn't actually make any sense
>>
File: 800px-Looker_Badge.png (474 KB, 800x450)
474 KB
474 KB PNG
>the pokemon world has a OWG style international police force
Am I the only one who thinks this is retarded?
>>
>>56215028
Shouldn't he be dead? I always thought he killed himself after the Celebi HGSS event, was I mistaken?
>>
>>56215028
>rhyperior
Yeah, he's da boss
>>
>>56215028
I think he always qtarts with Rhyperior right?
Honestly, i would swap it's placement with the Hippowdon because Sand (Rhyperior gets the Special Defense boost and Garchomp and Gliscor (possibly) can troll with Sand Veil.)
>>
>>56215028
He sold out the rest of Team Rocket for a reduced sentence and made a charitable donation to the Pokemon Fanclub.
>>
>>56215043
>Giovanni wears a signature formal suit emblazoned with a red R for Rhydon, his ace.
You just made that up

>>56216815
>He sold out the rest of Team Rocket for a reduced sentence and made a charitable donation to the Pokemon Fanclub.
Source?
>>
>>56215028
You see anyone else around with a team that strong? He can do whatever he wants.
>>56215820
Because Ground is the coolest type even all these years later.
>>
>>56215028
Well, its been roughly 12-20ish years depending on how you interpret the ex Rocket grunt you can meet in Unova. Looker was busy finding the seven sages then isn't seen in B2W2 iirc, so presumably he's moved on to another assignment and he's the only international police we ever meet.
Unova may also be on the other side of the world, since it's the game where non region original pokemon are the rarest (they changed it in b2w2 to appease fans) so less people might be aware of his history here.
Since it's pokemon I'd say he probably had a change of heart (or acted like it) and they just let him go. Not hard to believe when Archie and Maxie, incredibly dangerous environmental terrorists, are allowed to walk free by just having a change of heart.
>>56216587
I remember laughing about that with friends cause of the water splash sound when he leaves. But, it could just be he dove underwater to escape. I very much doubt Pokémon meant to imply the man kills himself. Either way apparently he didn't cause he's at the PWT.
>>
>>56215028
They gave him a based fucking team though good god

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.