[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What games would you recommend to someone like me who greatly enjoyed Pokémon Gen 1, 2 and 3 on the Gamboy/GBA when they were new at the time, and forgot about the series for a LONG time and is Highly skeptical of the franchise now but wants to come back? In case you are wondering why I'm skeptical is because some of the quality on the newer Pokémon that I see all over the internet is a mixed-bag to me.
>>
>>56217735
platinum and bw2
>>
>>56217735
platinum, hgss and bw2 are the only ones worth playing post gen-3.
>>
>>56217735
Probably gen 6 and 7 since there is enough KANTOOOOO 's pandering and handholding for you to not get lost.
DO NOT touch Gen 4 and 5 games you might have a stroke
>>
File: 1461529091758.jpg (38 KB, 480x480)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>56217735
Play Platinum, HGSS, BW and BW2, then leave this board immediately and don't play anything after because both this board and franchise have gone to total shit. Disregard all posts after this one.
>>
>>56217740
>>56217746
The correct acronym is B2W2, other than that it is indeed the best choice
>>
>>56217735
you are the exact type of person game freak made x and y for
>>
>>56217752
LGPE you mean?
>>
>>56217735
I'd recommend Heart Gold/Soul Silver first, as it will get you re-adjusted to a game that's fairly similar to where you fell off. If you hate that just give up. You might like Platinum, Black/White, or Black 2/White 2, but I wouldn't recommend those yet. Then I'd say try Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire next and if you fucking hate it then don't really bother with XY or anything released after it. If you do like it, maybe try Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, Scarlet/Violet, or Legends Arceus? That covers most of the good stuff.
>>
>>56217735
Every DS game expect the original Diamond and pearl
>>
>>56217746
Dont touch anything after gen 6.
XYORAS were still fine, even though you do notice that XY really needed the Zed treatment.
>>
>>56217782
there's no reason to play XY or ORAS now that their online is dead
>>
>>56217735
download delta on your phone and play platinum, heartgold, white, and black 2
>>
>>56217735
Skip the DS games, they're just rehashes of gen 3. Gen 5 in particular is missing half of its content because Dream World went offline. Every other gen has something to offer, I think Sun/Moon are the most generally polished and charming and ORAS are the best overall. If you like the open world meme, Arceus and SV do it well and differently (though don't tell /vp/ the latter, it triggers the kids)
>>
File: battlefrontierproject.png (126 KB, 400x240)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
>>56217735
Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver I highly recommend.
Black 2/White 2 does have good gameplay, but if you really care about story at a completionist level, you might also want to play Black/White before B2W2.
Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, while having some remake improvements over Ruby/Sapphire (note how Emerald was not mentioned, pic related), was part of the turning point towards the decline in quality seen today.
X/Y I can only recommend if you want more after ORAS. It really needed it's own Crystal or Emerald.
Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon is a game that can only be played once for replaying it is a painful slog if the first playthrough wasn't a slog enough. Lots of long cutscenes with no way to skip them.
Avoid the Switch games. They declined so much more than the 3DS games that they could be considered as scams.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.