[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (51).jpg (16 KB, 225x225)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Why didn't the best side activity (PWT) ever return?
>>
>>56217907
I wager the PWT ended up as it did because it was easy to recycle 4/5 of the Gym Leaders and Champions' sprites.
The closest that can be done today is through Master SEX and it's not the same for many reasons.
>>
>>56217925
The gen 5 style sprites are too different from the shorter, squatter gen 4 sprites though and either would have required them to be remade or at least significantly edited to fit the style. I think PWT was really just one of those rare moments GF really tried and did something cool.
>>
>>56217907
it's a cool novelty but nowhere near the best
>>
>>56217954
Then what's the best?
>>
The same reason the battle frontier didn't.
>>
Why didn't the swsh dlc have a world cup featuring returning characters in new sporty outfits?
>>
File: battletowercrystal.png (51 KB, 694x479)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>Scarlet and Violet are the first mainline games to not feature a battle facility of any kind since Gold and Silver
Gamefreak can't even be bothered to do what used to be the bare minimum for postgame content. If the basic bitch Battle Tower isn't safe from axe, then what chance does the PWT or Frontier have?
>>
>>56218064
PWT will probably only ever get a chance in future Unova games.
>>
>>56217934
the trainer sprites, not the overworld ones
>>
USUM was the perfect time to bring it back as another event at the Royal Stadium.
>>
>>56218078
Unova remakes are just going to be Black and White kid.
They never remake rehashes and despite you swallowing the marketingspeak 14 years ago, Game Freak don't see them as anything BUT rehashes.
>>
>>56217907
GF doesn't care about Pokémon anymore
>>
>>56217979
personally i like facilities with streaks or something that different like the pokeathlon, or even pokestar is solid
that being said i didnt mean to say i dont want the PWT back
>>
>>56217907
Not even the best one in the game, Pokestar Studios is more interesting from a mechanical and presentation perspective.
>>
>>56218078
yeah just like the battle frontier came back in oras...oh wait..
>>
>>56218207
both good
black tower is also good
>>
>>56218093
would have been too much work to make a bunch of 3D models for something that probably only a fraction of people will play. in fact that's probably why it won't ever appear again. the PWT was a product of its time. just consider it a nice sendoff to the 2D era.
>>
>>56218193
I think at this point given how little engaging map design the modern games have (SV's only real standout is Area Zero) it might be more likely we're getting something like Trainer Tower/Battle Pyramid/Black Tower/White Treehollow. Imagine something structurally like Splatoon 3's DLC perhaps.
>>56218093
Too bad, you get a handful of characters in the Battle Tree because unlike the Pokemon they didn't really plan for character models. I think with Masters they might be more capable of doing something, but they just changed the art style after two generations of it looking fine so I dunno what the fuck they're thinking.
>>
File: 1718500844396.jpg (62 KB, 1024x907)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>56218064
I'm still mad. Even Legends Arceus got the Battle Reverie after the Daybreak update. How does a fucking Legends game have a facility but a mainline one doesn't, let alone after 2 paid DLC?
>>
>>56218484
Legends has no multiplayer to give it longevity.
>>
>>56217907
>what if we took the battle tower and removed all the challenge and replaced it with lazy nostalgia pandering
>>
>>56218610
Removed all the challenge?

Still harder than any Battle Facility post Gen 5
>>
>>56218610
I dunno, building a lot of different teams is more challenging than True Ant-ing the singles in the Battle Subway, although doubles are still harder than anything that isn't Rental mode (even the real life competitive teams are held back by the game's AI). Hell, Pokestar Studios cult endings are probably more challenging than some of the PWT, or did you look up a guide for that? If we want to talk about removing challenge, Battle Maison is a better example as once you build 2 teams you cover basically every format to the point of being trivial, and there's nothing else in the game that's remotely challenging.
>>
>>56218742
you don’t actually play battle facilities and it shows

>>56218759
no one cares chronotriggertard
>>
File: yawnfag post.png (258 KB, 487x273)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>56218610
>>
>>56218772
No it doesn't show.
I've done all the facilities since the Crystal Battle Tower.

The Emerald and Platinum Frontiers are the hardest then the Gen 5 facilities.
>>
>>56218759
I found the Pokéstar Studios hard.
Didn't like how, even if you follow the script, RNG can fuck it up.
>>
>>56218983
>No it doesn't show.
Yes, it does.

"it exists in games I like" != hardest
>>
>>56218991
No that's not the case. My favorite game is Sun and Moon, the Battle Tree is easy as fuck there. ORAS are my second favorite, the Maison was brainlessly easy.
>>
>>56218991
Yeah that's true. The Battle Tree is hard as fuck
>>
>>56218994
>the Battle Tree is easy as fuck there
And yet it's still harder than PWT.
>the Maison was brainlessly easy
And yet it's still harder than PWT.
>>
>>56219021
Haha no.
The Maison is piss easy and not anywhere near as challenging as some PWT tournaments. Battle Tree was easy. In it you can literally bait the Ai into repeating a no effect or nve move. Never been able to replicate it in the PWT.
>>
>>56219142
>the PWT is challenging because...it exists in a game I like
not an argument
>>
>>56219010
No, it wasn't. Trainer's don't even have many good movesets.
>>
>>56219146
1. People are gonna think we are yawnfagging with how quickly we're replying

2. I didn't say or imply it was my argument. Just because it exists in a game I like doesn't automatically make it hard. I absolutely hate Sinnoh but I found Platinum's Battle Frontier hard as fuck. Compared to ORAS which I love quite a lot, sadly the Battle Maison was pretty easy.
>>
>>56219147
Yes they do.
>>
>>56219177
Ehhh well they don't seem to use them well.
I've had Cynthia's Lucario use Aura Sphere on a ghost type twice in a row.
>>
>>56219182
Funny joke.
You we're joking right?
At least explain what makes them harder, other than "muh feels"
>>
I thought the PWT was challengin in rentals, but mainly because the rentals you get are dogshit
>>
>>56217907
Because I don't like it when the latest entry in the game features characters from older games :)
>>
>>56217907
Nostalgia really make people go full retard on this Battle Tower reskin.
>>
>>56219625
It's not really a Tower reskin though.
>>
>>56219818
You’re right. The Battle Tower is actually challenging.
>>
>>56219151
>1. People are gonna think we are yawnfagging with how quickly we're replying
you're literally replying to yawnfag
>>
>>56219146
>yawnie downie can't read
Kys raphael "faggot" borg.
>>
>>56220046
It isn't challenging it might just be that you're mentally challenged lol

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.