[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sinnoh lake.gif (359 KB, 500x350)
359 KB
359 KB GIF
Why is Sinnoh so comfy?
>>
>>56442765
Because it was slow. And I mean it in a good way. Slow paced medias are underrated.
>>
Because I played it when I was 8
>>
>>56442782
I played it when I was 16
>>
>>56442765
The soundtrack and something about so many of the areas of the region feeling so lonely and ominous like turnback cave, old chateau, the long ass routes between cities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay46J539k_I
>>
>>56442782
this, but i was 9
>>
>>56442790
I think by 16 I already did everything I could with romhacks and pokemon showdown, so I moved on to trolling streamers who took nuzlockes seriously by giving blatantly bad advice and being conservative
>>
>>56442808
How did you beat the E4 the first time? I think I abused Dialga and my starter, and traded for a trade evo mon with a neighbor kid.
>>
>>56442813
dont remember, probably dialga or action replay cheats
>>
>>56442777
My friends and family call me slow too!
>>
>>56442798
True. The music will never be dethroned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5wYZ1ko-oU
>>
>>56442914
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQo2XaNiTus
>>
>>56442765
pre-New Leaf Animal Crossing type aesthetic
>>
>>56442777
What do people mean when they say the game is slow? I hear this about gen 2 too but for me it is the norm. t. only played gens 1-4
>>
>>56443814
gen 4 runs at half the framerate 3 does, there's the route gimmicks that slow you down (fog, mud, snow), and the hp bar ticks down by the frame due to a bug https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkCu4c2XVw
>>
>>56443814
I only played gens 1-5. I recently got a second hand switch given to me so I bought Scarlet. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would but fucking hell even though there's like 15 badges to get and I only have like 4 I still feel like I'm flying through it. The main issues with it is that there's these big open world spaces with basically nothing in them, so I have a look around to see what mons are available, catch what I can, pick up items and then just sprint to the next town/titan/base to do the badge. Also I know it's a bit of a meme but exp. share being permanently on for every single party member means all my pokemon are 5-10 levels above everyone else at all times because I like to catch everything I can (you get experience from catching now). I'm at my third gym now and I just had to fight the "rival" and I literally just one-shotted her entire team. But the main issue is that there are so few trainer battles in the game, and they're pretty much all optional (no more they see you and force you into a fight) that you just go from one location to the next getting badges one after the other.
It probably isn't actually that fast but it does really feel like it. Places like Mt. Moon and traditional routes with trainers blocking your way which are a slog to get through are just a thing of the past.
Anyway jesus sorry for the essay.
>>
File: 1726252992252582.jpg (154 KB, 680x674)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
Just wanted a remake bros. It's not fucking fair.
>>
>X is [buzzword]
Shittoh fags know their games are garbage, that's why they keep shilling it in hope some poor soul falls for their meme generation
>>
>>56443876
i love you too
>>
>>56443844
That sounds horribly unfun
>sorry for the essay.
No need to apologize, I isolate myself instinctively from the latter gens and my instincts have been proven right. Permanent exp share? Xp for catching? Empty worlds? Yeah the old games are not slow, it is just relative compared to the zoomer attention span dopamine rush designs
>>
>>56443904
yee most of the towns dont even have buildings you can enter
>>
>>56442765
it has more of a rural, traditional Japanese atmosphere that feels idyllic and comfy
and the real time mechanics encourage you to experience the game in a slower more immersive way
>>
>>56442765
Snowy and cold weather is comfy for most people, the region is huge with many interconnecting paths, the soundtrack often has slower songs, and both the change in music and atmosphere with the day-night cycle really enhances that.
>>56442777
And this, slow in the best way. Slow in that it feels like a long journey.
>>56443923
This is what absolutely killed it for me.
lt feels like the worlds are much smaller too, despite the size actually being so much bigger. I think it's just the change in camera perspective allowing you to see further, and see that there isn't much out there.
>>
>>56443904
I mean every now and again something kind of fun happens, like I raided a Enemy Team™ base and you just send out 3 mons and they start going ham on all the enemies, which is at least new. The boss was some sort of Mad Max truck which was actually difficult so that was also enjoyable. Also to fight a gym leader you have to do a challenge, not just fight 3-5 trainers, which is kind of interesting. I've done an assault course where you had to push a giant olive around which was different but too easy/short, a hunt for Sunflora around a town which was really boring, and a Where's Waldo type thing which actually was interesting.
Also there are "titan" pokemon you hunt down to unlock new movements (dash, surf - I assume - etc.) for the bike dragon legendary thing that you just get handed at the very start of the game, and they're giant bosses.
Again, nothing has been that fun but it does have its moments. Quite a few good ideas but very poor implementation. More trainers, a difficulty setting, and proper level scaling would make it 10x better for a start.
>>
Probably the piano music.
>>
>>56443814
A non argument created by zoomers because they can't find any real reasons to criticize DPPT.
>>
>>56442777
>Because it was slow
This. And I mean it in a bad way. It's so fucking slow and boring that it's a great way to fall asleep.
>>
>>56442782
Me unironically
>>
>>56444235
This is what I would say. Even the louder and faster songs have a kind of "bouncy" quality to them rather than the blaring trumpets from gen 3. Gen 5 used a lot of guitar and synth type sounds with full instrumentation that make everything sound either funky or like an epic symphony. And then gen 6 started the trend of most music sounding pretty much the same because the soundfonts are now actually just real recorded orchestra music. Sinnoh is somewhat unique and identifiable because of this.
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=wiPX3qSqTKA
>>
>>56444495
And because newer games adhere to their ADHD tendencies
>>
File: 431.jpg (1.15 MB, 1200x866)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>56442782
This desu. Especially because I got this game for Christmas after begging my Mom to buy it for me from the Gamestop in the mall we'd always go to. I think I've replayed it 7 or 8 times counting the current playthrough. Each playthrough goes more slowly than the last because of changing tastes in teams, nearly being done with university, having mixed feelings about editing perfect IVs onto my team because of autism, etc, etc. Snow is comfy and so is the piano music, lots of incentive to explore with HMs, interesting dual slot exclusive Pokemon, diverse options for teambuilding and really, not that much grinding is needed if you're an adult who has basic knowledge of types and abilities. I've been underleveled compared to NPC trainers for the last two gym badges, and playing on set mode, and it's not slowing me down, just more incentive to catch and use different team members. But I guess if you want to blitz through a game, Sinnoh isn't really for you. But hey, I'm sure one of the mainline games is, and that's the beauty of Pokemon.
>>
File: IMG_3031.gif (143 KB, 500x375)
143 KB
143 KB GIF
>>56445048
I remember being afraid of Darkrai as a kid
>>
File: 18948929456.png (1.61 MB, 850x1101)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB PNG
>>56442765
>>56442798
For me, it's the soul
>>
>>56442765
Sinnoh has a kind of old timey folklore feel, and the design of it is winding and mountainous. Couple that with the music and you've got your comfy
>>
File: 95220475_p0.jpg (1.06 MB, 1075x1518)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>56445601
>>56442798
Hikari-chan in the snow is too precious
>>
>>56442765
it's not
slow and boring region
>>
>>56445814
that's why we like it
>>
>>56445085
May I ask the reason? Darkrai was pretty cool for me then and my opinon has not changed.
>>
>>56442790
I was 17
>>
>>56443851
we will never get it and I'm still mad.
>>
>>56442765
I really liked the ambiance in platinum, particularly the snow city was comfy especially at night.
>>
What's your favorite Sinnoh Mon? Mine is Torterra
>>
>>56448731
Croagunk, actually my fav pokemon in general

>>56444512
That's okay, it's not for everyone
>>
File: IMG_4552.jpg (1.04 MB, 1400x1400)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>56448731
Weavile, Gallade, and Luxray
>>
File: 192929.jpg (363 KB, 2000x2000)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
i want to fuck a forest hag

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.