[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What made it so soulful bros
>>
Gen 2 is one of the least soulful games.
>>
Eugene
>>
Bump
>>
>>56451047
they removed Mareep and made Johto even shittier.
>>
Bvsed
>>
>gen II
>soulful
Gen III is sovl, you're soulless boomer slop.
>>
>>56451454
Lmao delusional
>>
File: 1726234230579.jpg (991 KB, 2048x1501)
991 KB
991 KB JPG
>>56451047
Kris
>>
>>56451047
Your nostalgia glasses.
>>
>>56451047
nothing. its gloried RBY DLC, Johto is a flyover podunk full of hicks and weaklings, all the pokemon are bland plush toys, Level Curve makes it unplayable, the daily events only exist to waste time, no good tms, no story, no villains (watered down team rocket doesn't count), no Johto pokemon used by gym leaders (because they all suck), and rather than use Crystal to fix aything or make an earnest attempt at making a remotely fun game, they wasted dev time and cartridge space on a female chracter so that little sisters of the real fans can join in and bug the fuck out of everyone and ruin the franchise with babyish shit and femoid nonsense.
Crystal is soulless garbage only made because Game Freak doesn't respect fans and just wanted a quick buck, but johtods were so retarded they bought it anyway because they didn't realize they were the butt of the joke.
>>
>>56451556
>>56451468
But enough about unova
>>
File: 1660176637793507.png (542 KB, 1000x1000)
542 KB
542 KB PNG
>>56451612
>>
All the hate is forced

Most Kino Gen
>>
>>56451132
You mean Cuisine
>>
The only thing more pathetic than a Discord user is getting banned from a 4chan Discord server.
>>
https://arch.b4k.co/vp/thread/56446241/#q56446241
>>
>>56451899
that johto faggot had a complete melty
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26 KB, 480x360)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>56451454
yep...soul...
>>
>>56451047
me and everyone I knew played as the girl because it was new
>>
>>56452172
Lol
>>
Why are cordies so mad bros?
I wonder why ;)
>>
>>56452425
gave up on the other thread when you were down huh?
>>
Played it in may
Still holds up
First few routes are a slog tho
>>
>>56452442
Yeah
It gets a bit better after 4th gym tho
I need to play it on a rom again
>>
>no mad rhymes this time
you suck faggot
>>
Rhymes? Fags?
What is this person on about :/
But anyway yea it’s kino
>>
Requesting a rhyme for when the /vp/ discord server banned you.
>>
>>56451047
day/night cycle, real time events, rural/traditional japanese setting, lots of soulful little things like the radio shows, phonecalls with npcs, mysterygift & bedroom decor.
>>
I haven’t played for years but yea
It’s solid.
>>
>>56452511
Oh hey it's this Johto nigger again.
>>
Is this johtimmy ban evading
>>
Sovl
>>
Finally hoenn tards left
>>
>>56452805
im still here tho, johto is kino
>>
>>56452805
Based!
>>
>>56451899
>>56452104
Unironically what was his problem?
>>
Vibes
Art
Suicune
What else
>>
>>56453034
Fax
>>
Essential johto experience
Duh
>>
File: IMG_6122.jpg (3.25 MB, 1290x1859)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB JPG
>>56451556
Cope. Your zoomer slop will never reach the comfiness and soulfulness of gen 2
>>
>>56453029
I'm the anon that wrote huge paragraphs at the beginning of the thread (the one that mentioned playing the game in JP) what the fuck happened to that thread and why is there a new one kek
is this some sort of sad and obssessed anon who needs validation over his favorite gen or something?
>>
>>56453105
(cont) like I love gen II don't get me wrong but fuck me, I love every gen for their own reasons and it feels kinda sad when people NEED to bring down other gens to give praise to the one they like the most
>>
>sharty samefagging as other anons now
>implying a johto fan would ever truly complain about Crystal threads
KWAB maybe next
>>
>>56453124
They’re not even trying now lol
>>
Thanks for reminding me I need to play
>>
>>56453110
Except no one brought down other gens in op?
Perhaps you’re seeing things cawd
>>
>writes paragraphs about johto and playing it in Japanese
>calls others obsessed for making one thread about it
Kek
>>
I love that it still makes zoomies seethe years beyond
>>
Currently playing through the game in Japanese, it's so peak. I adore this game to bits and pieces, and the GBC aesthetic for some reason to me is incredibly gorgeous. There's something very homey about Pokémon Silver, they really did try to make a follow-up to RBY that improved on the formula and added some originality and really succeeded. The new Pokémon have very soulful designs, and while they have a much lower power-level compared to the Kanto mons, they have a lot more utility and you can definitely beat the game with only Johto mons. I'd even say that the way they designed Johto mons inspired modern Pokémon design, with abilities and things like that (something especially noticeable with Shuckle and the hidden interaction he has with berries!)
There's also the fact that they add... so much more to do other than progressing through the story. The Trainer Tower, them focusing a lot more on the "legends" aspect of Pokémon through adding more folklore and tradition to the region, adding Kanto at the end as a sort of postgame that allows you to go through a bit of a nostalgia trip until you reach the very end of that trip and fight Red (the main character from the previous game). Held Items adding this extra dimension to team building, too.
>>
>>56453171
Soul
>>
Hi Johtimmy, just checking in. Everything okay?
>>
Not really
They are auto sagey my threads
I can’t rhyme or I get the hammer
I’m manning the fort tho
>>
Bvsed
>>
>>56451047
The music, the art, the novelty. It’s perfect.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.