[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Honest thoughts ?
>>
>>56454763
Your Pokémon can’t follow you so HGSS is better
Simple as
>>
Kino in japanese
>>
>>56454763
Pokemon peaked here
>>
>>56454763
didn't change enough from GS to make it interesting
>>
>>56454781
Enjoying this meme
>>
>>56454831
Feel the same desu
>>
Haven’t played it in years so hard to say if it holds up
>>
>>56454836
>search for cordie
>65 results
Lmao it sounds like a pet name
>>
>>56454848
It still does if you get a rom or modern carn desu
>>
>>56454781
Lol why in Japanese ?
>>
>>56454763
never bothered with it because gold pissed me off so bad I quit pokemon for twenty five years.

I vividly remember defeating the elite four and was so disappointed with the johto region that I didn't bother with kanto. Why would I play through kanto again when I beat red a year ago.
>>
I was already burned out on johtoooooo after silver
>>
Based
>>
fun game
>>
>>56454763
one of the better pokemon games. fun jrpg with a well-developed world. spritework and music are also excellent, and the RPG systems are super complex - genuinely shocking that this came out on the gameboy in 1999

this game is a bit of an oddball, as a surprising amount of the game's side modes are locked behind online services, about 15 years before such a thing was common. the game is even named "pokemon crystal" due to the crystalline apprarence of the mobile system GB. however, the service is both long-dead and wasn't even released outside of japan due to unpopularity, so localizations (and later ports to the 3DS) are just straight-up missing content. very obscure chapter of the series' history that's sort of been forgotten about, kind of like the e-reader in the following games

however, I think if you come at it from the perspective of some of the more recent pokemon games - where you just go from point A to point B to credits - you miss most of the world and the game loses a lot of its charm, though. it's like ffxiv/genshin players trying to go back to earthbound. this game has been a sacred cow for decades, but recently we've been seeing younger generations on social media come at it from this perspective and not enjoying it

you could also make the case that this is Objectively(tm) the best pokemon rpg because it doesn't have the haphazardly designed stat roll of the later games - or, rather, they're both present in a much more limited manner and don't have very much of an impact on gameplay
>>
>>56454930
>earthbound
younger generations like earthbound and still play it while nobody plays vanilla gsc
>>
>>56454946
the very small portion of mother discussion that's actually about the gameplay you'll find on shitholes like twitter or reddit is 16-22yos with flags or pronouns who'll skip 90% of the game and then call it badly designed. it's the perfect point of comparison to pokemon crystal
>>
>>56454831
this 100%
>>
>>56454946
You know that Mother 1 and Pokemon Crystal were made by the same people, right?
>>
Whose stupid fucking idea was it to not put mareep in crystal?
they should be shot
>>
>>56454966
you know gsc and [a good pokemon game] were made by the same people, right?
>>
>>56454966
>Mother 1
No wonder Crystal was shit.
>>
>>56454763
Move pools too small. Can't bring myself to play it anymore now that HG/SS and pokewalker exist
>>
Boonk
>>
perfect
>>
>>56454980
unless you mean red and green, this is blatantly untrue
>>
>>56454763
Unironically only worth playing if you play Crystal Clear
>BUT MUH TRANNIES
First of all, >>>/pol/.
Second, just... Don't use that option and pick the male gender instead?
Third, the hack is mechanically a huge step up over the base game. Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: obsessed.png (3 KB, 500x319)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>56455741
>>
>>56455741
better than shartnova
>>
Bvsed
>>
Second best gen

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.