[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 78137_3.png (17 KB, 652x606)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
Any oldheads here who remember shoddybattle
(If you say you remember netbattle tell me how the retirement home is)
Had such a cozy feel and this isn’t just nostalgia
Showdown is fine but something about the UI of Shoddy Battle and Pokemon Online is just great
>>
Does Gen 5 PO count? It was nice having two different communities with different banlists.
>>
>>56457086
Yeah, not much I can say about it. It got mogged hard by showdown, shrimple as that.
>>
I do!
>>
>>56457086
It's really all nostalgia, Shoddy honestly sucked looking back at it and PO was quite similar to showdown.

I would say old sims felt comfier because old gens were better suited for them with simple sprites and backgrounds, it didn't feel that detached from the real game. The way showdown needs to downgrade the quality of 3D models of newer games, or create custom ones in SV's case, is just ugly to look at especially compared to the HD big screen consoles we've now moved to. Also there were way less people playing sims before showdown, smaller communities give a more relaxed feeling.
>>
>>56457212
Actually yeah that’s a good point I have showdown set to 200% zoom just to make the battle screen not look awful
Wish I could make it more concise
>>
>>56457212
Why dont they just rip the gen 8 models
>>
>>56457086
It felt comfier because it was before era of everything being either a website or "web native" application (literally a website with a wrapper). The applications used more simpler, closer to the operating system GUI and were lighter but more robust due to not being crippled by Chromium.
We need to go back.
>>
>>56457086
I played netbattle, shoddy was always shit, couldnt even handle shedinja's HP mechanics correctly nor use copycat correctly. moved on to Pokemon Online (was also better than shoddy). I do not miss the forum power tripping and asskissing and forum hacking epidemic. the retirement home is comfy.
>>
>>56457086
>If you say you remember netbattle tell me how the retirement home is
What retirement home?
>>
File: fpUJ0FF.png (15 KB, 319x435)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>56457086
we can never go back
>>
>>56457086
What a great time.
I was always ahead and won nearly every battle. I had a script running that let me see what attack the opponent was about to use.
Gave me a huge advantage.
>>
>>56457784
Oh god the dementia is setting in
>>
File: 1718584236993821.png (191 KB, 367x407)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>56458089
This guy is a top VGC player right now btw, us netbattle kids are still going strong
>>
>>56457272
This.
Netbattle gramps here.
I can't tell you how much everything being embedded on a few ecosystems changed the internet.
That's why everything in the early 00 feels "comfy".
It's probably the nostalgia, but I miss NetBattler and going to servers where everyone kinda knew each other.
>>
>>56460113
I wonder if it’s possible to make some sort of private room / UI on showdown to make it feel more like old times
>>
File: lMf9obU.png (7 KB, 304x121)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>56460087
i turn 30 soon
>>
Favorite ADV OU mons?
>>
Bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.