[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: temp2346237864.png (6 KB, 193x165)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
The only good thing this company EVER did was invent Pokémon. After it's invention it dropped the ball instantly (call me a gen zero-er).

This company
>doesn't bug test
>doesn't give a damn about the competitive potential of pocket monsters (throws a bone every few years to keep the die hard nerds happy)
>doesn't know how to quit (how to quit while they're ahead).
>doesn't give a damn about consistency or balance
(lets make psychic have no weaknesses) which is OK in a vacuum because it's a cool idea to have an OP type. But THEY BACKPEDDLED ON THEIR OWN PLAN and said "oh oops, ackchually ghost and bug were supposed to be the achilles heel (so the actual gen 1 games weren't even how they intended them to be). THEN THEY BACKPEDDLED ON THEIR BACKPEDDLE by adding a "dark" type (wtf?) THEN THEY MANAGED TO SCREW THAT UP by only adding like, 3 dark types that barely learn dark type moves.

>hobbyist nerds in their free time can poop out better games with better vision in less time.

These days, Game Fag is shitting out a new pokemon type every 3 days and telling die hard fans to go fuck themselves

Who. runs. this. company???
>>
>>56458927
very sane coherent post anon keep it up
>>
>>56458934
>any man who puts himself out there and says his opinion is a schizo
>>
>>56458927
Why are you here then?
>>
>>56458994
I like pokemon as a concept and I like the romhacks that are leagues ahead of Game Fags quality.
>>
>>56459000
that's cool
do you want us to try to change your mind or are you just here to vent
>>
>>56459000
But your OP has nothing to do with either of those.
>>
>>56459006
What the fuck is your problem? Are you legitimately stupid?

>>56459007
>But your OP has nothing to do with either of those.
>The only good thing this company EVER did was invent Pokémon.
>hobbyist nerds in their free time can poop out better games with better vision in less time.

the whole point is that game freak drops the ball every chance it gets to be consistent and interesting.
>>
>>56459037
it's a simple question anon, no need to get triggered
>>
>>56459044
You can interact with the OP like every other anon does with every other OP.

Am I missing something socially here? Was I supposed to just type "Game freak hate thread" in the title? And then anons would go crazy arguing with eachother?
>>
>>56459054
you just do not come across as someone who can change their mind or welcome healthy criticism, so i'd rather check than actually spent any effort on you
>>
File: 0154Meganium.png (148 KB, 570x570)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
Bumping to revive the Game Freak hate.
Fuck them for their neglect towards Meganium.
>>
>>56458927
>(so the actual gen 1 games weren't even how they intended them to be)
I appreciate that you are one of the few people on here to ever study and know that gen 1 was in many ways incomplete and had so many different things they wanted but got added in gen 2 and even 3.

Anyway one who is a "This was the best vision of le game" genwunner is a massive retard
>>
>>56459826
do people who's esteem for pokemon drops off after gen 3 actually believe their brave opinion matters at all
>>
>>56458927
They didn't do that, though.
>>
>>56459826
>video game has unrealized features
Woah you're like a genius or something
>>
>>56458927
>implying Game Freak has any say when it comes to the Pokémon franchise
you're deluded if you think anyone except Nintendo calls the shots when it comes to annual releases, to how the product releases, to what is done with the franchise, etc.
>>
>>56458927
>>hobbyist nerds in their free time can poop out better games with better vision in less time.
what being raised by a single mother does to a mf and his romhack addiction.
SAD!
>>
>>56458927
>I do not appreciate this company
Get in line faggot.
>>
>>56459761
Nah, Meganium deserves less
>>
>>56459998
Usually, games are finished when theyre released, with the beta discarded shit being that
>>
>>56461556
And this is why the Meganium hate is a circlejerk that doubles as a parody of itself.
>>
>>56458927
Taijiri always was a hack. We could've had darker and edgier Pokemon with whips then he pussied out and made cutesy dog owner sim instead.
>>
>>56459037
>What the fuck is your problem? Are you legitimately stupid?
his question is perfectly reasonable. Why are you sperging out?
>>
>>56460406
True, the fact that a single person can do better than 300(?) people is indeed sad.
>>
I just hope Nintendo takes over some day. If they cracked down on GF I'm sure GF would actually try again.
>>
>>56461949
Nintendo is literally the ones enforcing the deadlines, anon. Nintendo made Creatures by putting Ishihara as the leader, only to then make Ishihara the head of TPC; Game Freak's offices are in Nintendo's offices and the only reason GF exists is because Nintendo gave it financial support; Nintendo owns the Pokémon trademark. Pokémon is Nintendo's way of making a shitload of money almost every year. The whole "Nintendo is only 1/3rd of TPC and GF has the say when it comes to Pokémon games" is a myth and Nintendo uses that narrative to make sure the one you blame for bad Pokémon games is GF.
>>
>>56458927
That just tells me you've never played Pulseman, Bushi Seiryuuden or Drill Dozer. All of those are good games worth playing without any major bugs.
>>
>>56458927
>doesn't give a damn about the competitive potential of pocket monsters (throws a bone every few years to keep the die hard nerds happy)
Who the fuck does?
The fanbase handles the competitive scene do you honestly want gamefreak or nintendo sticking their shitty little claws in that? Just leave it to the card game guys.
>doesn't know how to quit (how to quit while they're ahead).
What does this even mean, just stop making money?
>doesn't give a damn about consistency or balance
It's impossible to balance a game that is number based.
There will always be an optimal meta, If you had 1000 Ai trained on the most optimal builds and teams in a game format they will all come to the same conclusion when it involves raw numbers like pokemon. It's not a reaction based game, you can't say that Pikachu has a higher movement cap, or Kingambit's hitbox is broken. It's numbers.
>>
>>56463476
Pulseman is buggy as fuck, my guy. Spamming uncharged voltekkers makes you completely invincible and you can teleport Pulseman just by masking left and right on the D-pad.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.