[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dex.png (220 KB, 896x429)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
What determines how many new Pokemon are to be in a new Pokemon game? And why doesnt every generation have the same amount of new Pokemon? Why does Scarlet and Violet have 112 new Pokemon where Sword and Shield only have 81 new Pokemon? I dont get it
>>
>>56459562
Haha i don't really know
>>
>>56459562

Gens 1-5 had the most cause sprites are a lot easier to make, with a team of 3 people you could make 100 sprites in a couple of days where's making models for 100+ and animating them would take hell of a lot longer and more people.

Also you can't count the Paradox mons as "New" Pokemon, they're robotic/slapped on spikes versions of old pokemon lets not kid ourselves.
>>
>>56459562
just whatever gamefreak feels like there's no hard logic to it
>>
>>56459562
>why does Scarlet and Violet have 112 new Pokemon where Sword and Shield only have 81 new Pokemon?
because you're not counting regional forms and gigantamax forms.

>>56459587
>Gens 1-5 had the most cause sprites are a lot easier to make,
No, they had the most because they didn't make regional/megas/gigantamax yet.

>Also you can't count the Paradox mons as "New" Pokemon
If I can count garbage like Tornadus and Thundurus and Klinklang as separate new Pokemon then I can absolutely count Paradox forms as new Pokemon.
>>
File: 15187961.png (43 KB, 145x145)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>56459587
>Gens 1-5 had the most cause sprites are a lot easier to make
If that's the case, why did they even switch to models? Its been panned by pretty much everyone. Why switch to something harder that's received poorly?
>>
>>56459773
>Its been panned by pretty much everyone
redditors seething about dexit != everyone
>>
>>56459562
>112
I thought it's 120?
>>
They pull numbers out of a hat randomly

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.