[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

In ORAS, three Pokémon have unique surfing animations: Wailmer, Sharpedo and Kyogre.

Sharpedo swims twice as fast and Kyogre swims faster than normal Surf users while also preventing random encounters and trainer battles.
>>
>>56460785
That’s cool! I remember Sharpedo, but not the other two. That’s a very cool little detail.
>>
Was fishing rods disabled while surfing on Sharpedo like in SM?
>>
>>56460785
>overlooked
How young has this board become?
>>
>>56460844
People who played ORAS at 9-10 yo can already post here
>>
>>56460907
>we'll soon enter the gen 7 nostalgia phase
>>
Should I give this game a proper chance? I dropped it when the game gave me a latios for free after the third gym or something but maybe it redeems itself later on?
>>
>>56460785
I didn't even know you could surf on Kyogre.
>>
>>56460917
You're a literal toddler so nah don't bother.
>>
>>56460920
My son I am 37
>>
You can also dive with Kyogre.
>>
>>56460923
>27 yo freaking out about being given a free pokemon instead of just boxing it like a normal person
Don't bother bro. It's not for you.
>>
>>56460844
ORAS zoomers are young adults now.
>>
>>56460924
You can dive with Sharpedo too
>>
>>56460785
A trainer mentioned the Sharpedo one.
>>
>>56460927
>Ignoring the fact that the game treats you like a dumbass and throws a legendary your way for free not even mid game.
Of course I dropped the game, to me it felt like a pathetic way to help the player, why would I keep playing a game that doesn't trust in your ability to beat it?
>>
>>56460938
That's cool and all but anon, I'm literally telling you not to play it.
>>
>>56460948
You can't just say "it's not for you" like you're over someone you don't even know. You need to give an explanation why like a normal person.
>>
>>56460912
Thats gonna be a shitfest
>>
>>56460958
I did. And then you proceeded to say everything but "it's not for me".
And so I'm telling you. Again. To not play it. Because then you will, and then proceed to bitch about how the game is giving you options you don't have to use.
I don't want you to be miserable and I don't want to be miserable from you inevitably posting your grievances here.
>>
>>56460917
Play Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire, or Rising Rhby/Sinking Sapphire of you do play again.
>>
>>56460958
>if you don't give me a good reason I'm going to shoot myself in the face
You seem really smart.
>>
>>56461006
Not another drayano hack I hope
>>
>>56460938
>Of course I dropped the game, to me it felt like a pathetic way to help the player
Anon, if you're a toddler you keep it in your team and have fun.
If you're older you understand it's not meant for you, box it and keep playing the game.
It's not hard, I'm sure you could do it but I fear you're probably one of those people who'd whine over muh battle frontier and sweep under the rug all the good things ORAS has, so yeah, it's best that you never pick it up again.
>>
>>56460785
Can you even catch Wailmer before you get Surf? I know you can't in the GBA versions.
>>
>>56462336
The latter two are, but the first two are by Dio Vento which I played. No rebalancing and extra emphasis on difficulty, even random ace trainers will fuck your shit up. Even a free Lati won't make it a cakewalk.
>>
>>56462447
You can't.
>>
>>56460912
gen 7 is the best
>>
>>56460844
It was overlooked for me because I just soared everywhere.
>>
>>56460917
Just dont use the free legendary and it's fine
>>
>>56462608
MOOODS
>>
Sun and Moon came out in 2016-8 years ago Some fucking 6th graders who played it would be old enough to post here now, on other forums/social media it's nostalgia era is already well underway.
>>
>>56460844
I'm 32 and I didn't know any of this, mostly because I wouldn't be caught dead using any of those pokemon on my team and I only played ORAS one time.
>>
>>56462497
Then I don't understand the point of this detail. If you already have a Surfer, why would you bother catching Wailmer AND using up one of its moveslots on an HM you can already use?
>>
>>56463025
I guess these sort of details award you for doing something not everyone would.
The point of nice details and easter eggs is that not everyone will find them unless they put their time to try out different and optional things.
>>
>>56460785
So, Alpha Sapphire has more content.
>>
File: diamond dust.png (1.57 MB, 1592x892)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>56460785
most people probably already know about diamond dust replacing snow for masuda's birthday (and certain other select dates) back in the gen 4 games, but less people seem to know that diamond dust still appears in the more recent games (but now, it's keyed to YOUR birthday)
>Kyogre swims faster than normal Surf users while also preventing random encounters and trainer battles.
did not know this part, that's cool
>>
>>56463025
Maybe your surfer couldn't also learn dive and waterfall so you switch to wailmer cause it can? also you need one for regi quest so you already need to catch it.
>>
>>56463082
But if you evolve the Wailmer for the Regi quest you lose access to this easter egg
>>
>>56462994
Sure but only someone who was a toddler when they came out and its blinded by nostalgia would think they are good.
>>
>>56463088
yeah but you could train the wailmer before hand. this scenario organically happened to me recently, but in emerald.
>>
File: 1705680478653992.png (191 KB, 435x378)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>56460785
>my water type was azumarill so i didnt get a cool animation for my bro
>>
>>56460844
pretty much everyone overlooked oras because they saw there was no battle frontier and decided it was total irredeemable shit for not having the thing they wouldn't bother playing in the first place.
>>
File: soar13[1].jpg (21 KB, 400x240)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>56460938
you're a 37 year old who got upset he was given a free pokemon. you don't get to act superior.
also the game gave you a lati@s to push the soaring mechanic, not because it thinks you're retarded (but you are for expecting a game for actual children to have any sort of difficulty to speak of)
>>
so what you're saying is surfing on kyogre brings the game from a 7.8 to a 10
>>
>>56463346
You can also buy repels at any pokemart starting from the very beginning of the game to achieve the same effect.
>>
>>56463299
NTA but you don't actually get soaring until the end of the game, meanwhile you get the Lati literally for free at like lv.30 around Watson's gym. If it was actually as you said, we'd be handed the Lati in postgame or something, but no, Gen 6 just loved giving the player downright busted Pokemon to stomp the game with for some reason, going back to XY's free Mega Lucario.

I personally hate how ORAS handled the Latis because hunting them down and properly catching them was a huge rush and good memory for me as a child, it made me really appreciate my Latios because I worked super hard to get it, I'd be shocked if any kid felt anything getting some random overpowered airplane handed to them and wouldn't be shocked if I heard newcomers just boxing it. That's just my opinion of course but I know there are droves of people who hate even the implication that kids like being challenged in a video game, as if the most popular games out there aren't ones that throw the player into the action with no handholding or direction (Minecraft and Fortnite are the top two that come to mind).
>>
>>56463360
>hunting them down and properly catching them was a huge rush
that's nostalgia talking. Nobody likes roaming pokemon, they suck. It's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>56463369
>Shadow Tag
>Mean Look
>just master balling it
Roaming Pokemon are easy as shit to capture if you're an adult, the Latis don't even have Roar or any other means of escape, making them some of the easiest roamers on top of that.
>>
>>56460785
Yeah and if you evolve wailmer as you're surfing on it your game will crash
>>
>>56463376
>Roaming Pokemon are easy as shit to capture
you literally just said it was a huge rush
and yeah everyone's gunna waste their fuckin masterball on that. fuck off, you're so disingenuous.
>>
File: 1726599685026720.png (707 KB, 906x976)
707 KB
707 KB PNG
>>56463405
>original post talks about the experience as a child
>second post adds "if youre an adult" to clarify that it should get easier as you age
I see, so you're mentally stunted and even roaming legendaries are too much for you, let alone reading comprehension...
>>
Yep. It's over for this board. People defending ORAS because they grew up with it.
>>
>>56463413
>nobody likes roaming pokemo--
>UHH IF YOU'RE AN ADULT IT'S EASY
okay but difficulty doesn't make something good. It's still a pain in the ass at any age. They should have let you battle the Lati@s to capture it sure, but if they just hand it to you so you can soar on it later who gives a fuck? Why is this even a criticism? can't you think of anything else?
>>
>>56463431
>okay but difficulty doesn't make something good
It does tho
What the shit lmao
>>
File: 1513280965573.png (229 KB, 397x502)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>56463431
>okay but difficulty doesn't make something good.
I think you'd have a point if roaming Pokemon weren't solved so extremely easily. I can get someone hating catching Raikou and Entei because you need a combination of Mean Look AND Taunt to block Roar, but again the Latis have no means of phasing and are totally walled by a Dark type, they're some of the easiest to capture if you use even 2% of your brain. This post reads more like you just can't stand the thought of the game asking much of you, ergo anything challenging is 'just a pain in the ass'. Do you defend the new EXP All by chance? Just curious.
>but if they just hand it to you so you can soar on it later who gives a fuck? Why is this even a criticism?
Hmm, maybe it's because catching the original Lati was something of an achievement, an extra challenge given to the player for clearing the game, or at the very least a decent sidequest for someone willing to attempt it. Whether you liked it or not, getting your hands on a roaming legendary was memorable and made sense from a lore standpoint. A canonically evasive Pokemon that takes a ton of extra effort to catch is inherently going to stick out to people more than 1 of the dozens of giftmons thrown at you with literally zero effort because the player character is straight up Jesus Christ, the fact that even you think that we should've battled the Lati first is proof of that.
>>
>>56463360
Nigger Psychic/Dragon in a gen where faries got introduced along with a nerfed soul dew doesn't mean anything anymore.
>>
>>56463360
Three gyms later than that. You get it a little bit before Winona.
>>
>>56463378
Wrong. That only happens if it comes from EXP gained after a fishing encounter. Any other time, it's perfectly fine.
>>
>>56463349
>Repels prevent trainer battles now
Based retard.
>>
>>56460785
Used to use Sharpedo as a kid for speed but I didn’t have kyorge so I didn’t know you could ride it
>>
>>56460785
Salty since I used a Sharpedo years back in an AS romhack, but it wasn't my Surf user :/
>>
>>56460785
I never knew this. Thank you anon.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.