[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: za.jpg (12 KB, 300x168)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
Anyone thinking we'll get our first batch of news on Pokémon Day 2025?
>>
>>56461209
It’s the one day you can guarantee something so I doubt you’re the only one
>>
I hope it has a Switch 2 performance mode. I know it won't have a full on port but even a locked 30fps with no dynamic resolution dips would make me happy.
>>
>>56461209
Watch them releasing a trailer in November because they want to focus on TCG Pockets release first (even though there's been barely a promotion at all) and they dont want ZA to overshadow it. But i believe TPC is silly like that.
>>
>>56461209
I think we will get news soon in this month or october once they announced Switch 2.
>>
>>56461244
You always make the game at top specs meaning the switch 2 version will be the standard and the switch version would be the downgraded port.
If it is the other way they made the game with the switch in mind and ported it up.
>>
>>56461534
In general you have that backwards, but this is Game Freak we're talking about. It wouldn't surprise me if they went all gung-ho developing for switch 2, barely managed to optimize it enough to run smoothly there, then failed to claw back enough performance to be playable on the original switch but said fuck it and put it out for both anyways since there's enough bootlickers to avoid any significant damage to sales numbers when the larger install base has a bad experience. Typically if there's an initial intent to release on older, weaker hardware you build for that and toss in a few performance boosts and maybe a feature or two that requires the new hardware. Designing for the lowest common denominator is how you ensure the most amount of users have a good experience. The only exception to this is graphics as down-sampling the full resolution textures and simplifying models to save storage space and reduce the need to process mipmaps in engine will look better for less work than trying to up-scale low resolution assets, granted ai is starting to change that.
>>
Jeez we’re gonna have to wait that long to even get news?
>>
>>56463900
>Zoomies can't deal with their first Pokémon gap year

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.