[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: smloshcagyj81[1].jpg (64 KB, 640x418)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
I always felt 6 was too much. That, assuming the amount of hours I put into the game is constant, I'd be spreading myself too thin and all 6 would be underlevelled and get steamrolled by a strong opponent mon. That or I have to grind that much more, which I never had time for. As a kid, my playtime was limited by mom so I couldn't waste time doing extra grinding, and as an adult I generally just have less time for leisure.

But of course, there's a danger in doing the opposite. If you raise just say 2 mons, as strong as they'd be,
A) you're gambling types-wise - sure in most situations one will cover for the other, both offensively and defensively, and they'd be tough enough to endure the hit on the switch-in. But occaionally you'll come up an opponent where both mons are fucked. And
B) Will run out of PP very easily in the caves/dungeons/tough routes.

So I always felt 3-4 was the sweet spot. Usually I'd do 3 but a couple of times I did 4. Best of both worlds.

But every time I see someone showing their current team in a runthrough, it's always a full team of 6. And thery're all roughly at the same level, indicating none of them are just being brought along as HM slaves.

So am I weird? Or are all of you the weird ones???????
>>
>>56463998
You're weird, but you're still playing the game better than the failtroll who solos the game with his starter and claims that's only the right way to play.
>>
>>56463998
>I'd be spreading myself too thin and all 6 would be underlevelled and get steamrolled by a strong opponent mon. That or I have to grind that much more, which I never had time for.
I get your line of thinking but it's not really that bad. there's generally enough exp in the game to keep your team at a competitive level if you don't skip trainers. and even if you fall a couple levels behind, your EVs are enough to close the gap, not to mention the innate bonus of being a human against shitty AI. the only time I ever grind during the campaign is if I catch a Pokemon at a low level and need to grind it up to be on par with the rest of my team. but once I have my team of 6, I just rotate them and never have an issue keeping up.

anyway, whatever, play the game how you want. I think it's more common to do one extreme or the other (overlevel your starter vs full team of 6) and not in between, so I guess you're a little weird. but there's people who do way weirder things. so
>>
>>56463998
I'm picky about the mons I like so I usually didn't get to 6
Usually carried a HM slave or two.
To take on the gen 3 battle frontier I am making a 6 team from across 3 games though
>>
>>56463998
I always played with my solo starter for years as a kid, maybe using the box legend and some Victory Road healing fodder mons. Then I made my first experimental team of 3 mons in Diamond one day. Since then I exclusively use 6, feels great having a squad that can cover all of eachothers weakness and also usually has coverage against most of the type chart.

In-game I feel like having 6 properly trained mon is what sets apart the Champion from your average Gym Leader or Youngster Joey. Also in the harder romhacks that I exclusively play nowadays it feels suicidal to not have 6 mons.
At the end of the day though the most valid playstyle is the one you enjoy the most, nothing weird about it OP.
>>
>>56463998
>Am I the only one who never raised 6 Pokémon during each main game story
No
>>
I never raised 6 Pokemon until XP Share in XY. Usually 3 or 4 + the box Pokemon.
>>
>>56463998
I raise 6 mons but not throughout the whole game.
For a good half of it I might run with 3 to 4, rarely 5. I get the final teammates near the end unless the game throws them at me.
>>
>>56463998

> worries about over leveling
> not playing with level caps

Nobody cares about the retard shit you do
>>
>>56465348
NTA but don’t talk to him like that ok? Fucking mud blood
>>
File: 1694116437966.jpg (2.47 MB, 2160x1620)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB JPG
>>56463998
I save a spot for a HM slave/ legendary of the game
>>
>>56465353
Go back

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.